3/29/12 9:29 a.m.

mndsm
mndsm UberDork
3/29/12 9:32 a.m.

I present the Predator Xtreme!

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
3/29/12 9:45 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: The Zimmer and Gazelle allegedly pay homage to the Mercedes 540K. Which was poorly proportioned and not in the least attractive itself.

I never thought the Mercedes looked all that bad.

Comparing the kit cars to the real thing is like comparing:

To:

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/29/12 9:55 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:

While this one is pretty bad, I would like to know where to find this bumper kit:

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
3/29/12 9:58 a.m.
mtn wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
While this one is pretty bad, I would like to know where to find this bumper kit:

There's a whole thread on ClubRoadster listing all of the available NB bumpers. Once you have the name, finding the bumper shouldn't be that bad.

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=43785

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/29/12 10:01 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
mtn wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
There's a whole thread on ClubRoadster listing all of the available NB bumpers. Once you have the name, finding the bumper shouldn't be that bad.

There'seven a dude called Rod who can be found online at Tetsuya Garage who would be able to get one for you from Japanland.

92CelicaHalfTrac
3/29/12 10:02 a.m.

^What he said... i keep talking myself out of getting him to find me a real Garage Vary or NoPro bumper.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w SuperDork
3/29/12 10:22 a.m.
bluesideup wrote: I remember seeing Cannonball Run as a kid and being excited for about 0.5 seconds when I saw one of these on the road. Such a buzzkill when even at 5 years old I noticed the proportions looked like they were drawn by someone with serious vision problems.

Holy crap! That was my friends car. He inherited it from his 80ish year old father who built it.

He just sold it a couple of weeks ago.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/29/12 10:23 a.m.

I kinda like these I wouldn't spend my money to do that, but for a deal on a used car....I can't say that I wouldn't think about it.

mtn wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Grizz
Grizz Dork
3/29/12 10:28 a.m.
mtn wrote:

So, do you like my moustache?

OR

Tom Selleck, the Miata.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/29/12 10:28 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: ^What he said... i keep talking myself out of getting him to find me a real Garage Vary or NoPro bumper.

Well stop. I'm looking at JDMyo parts for my '90 and if buy them I don't want to be GRMs biggest ricer.

92CelicaHalfTrac
3/29/12 10:33 a.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: ^What he said... i keep talking myself out of getting him to find me a real Garage Vary or NoPro bumper.
Well stop. I'm looking at JDMyo parts for my '90 and if buy them I don't want to be GRMs biggest ricer.

I think i've already got you covered with the Celica. Buy away!

kreb
kreb SuperDork
3/29/12 10:34 a.m.

Actually the Predator extreme and the hardtop Miata look pretty good to me.

ThePhranc
ThePhranc HalfDork
3/29/12 10:44 a.m.

This thread makes me sad inside.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
3/29/12 11:04 a.m.
bearmtnmartin wrote: My vote would actually be any performance car replica with volkswagon power. Its like lifting your new girlfriends dress over her head and finding a package.

Thanks, I have a Cherrio lodged in my nose. Turn the sebring into a Bentley with this.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan Dork
3/29/12 11:06 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:

Is all one color? Mine won't be.

92CelicaHalfTrac
3/29/12 11:07 a.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
Is all one color? Mine won't be.

It's "black" and "carbon fiber" (after Tuesday's impulse buy), and has blue on the wheels, if that helps.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
3/29/12 11:17 a.m.
RexSeven wrote:

Sweet Jesus, that's ugly!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/29/12 11:49 a.m.

I once refused to sell someone an '83 Z28 after learning that they planned on turning it into a fake Ferrari. You're welcome.

snap_understeer
snap_understeer New Reader
3/29/12 11:55 a.m.

hmmm, let me see....

It's a Nerrari!

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
3/29/12 12:03 p.m.

WOW.. thats all I got for the nerrari

Grizz
Grizz Dork
3/29/12 12:11 p.m.

I would buy that, SRT4 it and giggle like a mad man.

AverageH
AverageH New Reader
3/29/12 12:12 p.m.

I think the Predator may need a few more triangles....

-Hamid

m4ff3w
m4ff3w SuperDork
3/29/12 12:20 p.m.

Hi.

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/29/12 12:22 p.m.

Kit Car List of Auto Manufacturers and there are some bad ones!

This one ranks very high in the bad situation

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oWlbSIhPi6IKd7EA6FDZX2eawQ9qQtj7LG9dX4SiEcEK5rfYjJP8PFdLCgES79TH