2 3 4
logdog
logdog Dork
8/28/14 6:55 p.m.
JacktheRiffer wrote: I think muscle cars are in a bubble right now and as soon as the older generation is gone they will probably drop in value.

This. Im been surprised at how reasonable prices seem to be on 1920 and 30s cars that the old baby boomers dont really want. Rare doesn't always mean valuable.

AverageH
AverageH Reader
8/29/14 12:05 a.m.

In reply to JacktheRiffer:

Quite true! I suppose it'll go in waves. I was lucky enough to have a '72 240z as my first car in 1992, and it was given to me. It was a rust trap, but boy I'd love to have one again. It was built before I was born, but I remember there being lots of 240z's around when I was growing up. VW bugs and busses were hot as well.

Actually, what am I thinking... I have a '92 BMW 525i, a '79 Spitfire, and a '97 Miata currently. These were all popular when I was at my prime! Shoot, I fell into that trap hardcore....

-Hamid

AverageH
AverageH Reader
8/29/14 12:10 a.m.

In reply to logdog:

Good point. I've often thought of getting an old pre-war just because of this.

I'm not sure if my neighbor is waiting for the value of his Saleen Mustang to go way up, or he's just one of those funny obsessive Mustang guys that get more joy out of knowing they have it than putting miles on it. I could be wrong but I don't feel the rarity of it really makes it more sought after, just like you said.

-Hamid

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7GOXkpGY3pgwz3KRjuyB4Bkl9ZWiSgilpVbuYE3BRsPGLRmwHAAJnkFPC6vWdLtz