These seem like fun little bikes. 110cc thumper and a CVT won't set your hair on fire. It's basically a glorified minibike.

But for $1800, it seems like it would be high on the fun per dollar scale.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
3/24/24 3:05 p.m.

I want to love them, but they're carbureted which is a pretty major turn-off for something in 2024. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
3/24/24 3:15 p.m.

Same as Tom. I even considered grabbing one last year. 

Two things really stopped me. 1. I already have a motorcycle endorsment and have a Honda Grom ('22 SP) 2. I live in a rural area with hills.

So I'd get bored with it already have something similar and better, and the slower speed of the Navi wouldn't cut it where I live. 

If I lived somewhere else and maybe didn't already have a small motorcycle might be enough to  grab one. 

Yeah, it's not very modern, I'll give you that. But at $1800, I think I can overlook a few things.

I've been thinking about getting a small bike for commuting. Since moving to NM, my commute is 11 miles. About 7 miles of it is a very rural 55mph road. With me being 5'9" and a husky 220lbs, I don't think the little Navi would be very happy. That road runs due west, right into the constant 10-20mph wind.

If I could find a TW200 or something that size in the same price range as the Navi, I'd jump on it.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
3/24/24 5:44 p.m.

Fun little thing but the Grom does a lot more for not much more money and resells better. FYI. I really like the Grom. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
3/24/24 5:45 p.m.

A Grom would be better, or a the TW like you mentioned or a KLX250 if you could find one cheap. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UberDork
3/24/24 5:48 p.m.

TW would be much happier performing that task.

GCrites
GCrites Dork
3/28/24 10:43 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

I want to love them, but they're carbureted which is a pretty major turn-off for something in 2024. 

I told a friend that there are some bikes that are still carbureted and he was floored.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Publisher
3/28/24 10:48 a.m.

Yeah, I was shocked, too. I love the idea of the Navi, but can't figure out what it does better than the Grom. It's a few pounds heavier, too, despite no ABS and drum brakes. 

dan0
dan0 HalfDork
3/28/24 11:04 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Only two things I can think of. 1. It is cheaper than a Grom 2. Fitting more of the design / layout of a motorcycle it's a good first foray into a motorcycle for the complete newcomer. And the size doesn't scare the most timid people away.

I worked with someone that went out and bought a TU200 to try to learn to ride. He crashed at least 3-4 times. He gave up after that pretty much. Crashes were low speed, run off the road in a turn and laid down. 

So maybe for him he might have done slightly better on a Navi. No clutch /  shifting concern so maybe he'd make the corners ???

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
4/23/24 1:29 p.m.

No not me.

This one had the springs swapped for more low end. Pretty much maxed out at 55 mph with a 200lb rider. I rode it for a bit on a few trails. It was amusing as heck. I think the seat was 6inches thick as the lack of suspension wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected. Light, low center of gravity typical Honda. I've considered grabbing one and slapping knobby tires on it for my nieces and nephew to play with on my parents farm.

that said, if you're comfortable riding an actual motorcycle the grom may be the better choice. Though the geometry of the grom makes it a bit twitchier vs the very relaxed and stable Navi. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/23/24 10:43 p.m.

The Honda XR150L is a pretty good small bike deal at $3,099.

https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/dual-sport/xr150l/build

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RGeR1ufMzLVZnwCvcUTV47HoxRQYvxC2j0WloreenIivcxliDfp5LwUXnlKfales