1 2
fastEddie
fastEddie SuperDork
7/20/12 12:10 p.m.
SVreX wrote: That scaffold is a bit of a nightmare. But, he does have his cowboy hat on, so I guess everything will be fine.

I like the unistrut cross bracing that is bungy'ed in place....

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
7/20/12 10:43 p.m.

Could be his hat here...

http://www.tasco-safety.com/hhats/Cowboy-hard-hats.html#15256

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
7/21/12 8:44 a.m.
SVreX wrote: That scaffold is a bit of a nightmare.

aside from atop a truck.. it looks like the unistrut is held in place by the pins that usually lock the cross pieces.. not perfect, but not ready to fall down and take your thumbs with it either

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/21/12 9:08 a.m.

Inspiration cuz I'm an shiny happy person...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/21/12 11:59 a.m.

I've seen those before and yes it has something to do with my interest in them.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
7/21/12 12:42 p.m.

That is entirely too neat.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/21/12 12:56 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I've seen those before and yes it has something to do with my interest in them.

Mine too. I'd love to build a shop/garage/get me the hell away from these damn women/man cave space, and I think it'd be something like this. I like the brick/stone knee wall idea. Would really make a nice place for climate control vents, in Central Texas, you need climate control!

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Reader
7/21/12 2:24 p.m.

I have this one in a 30 by 48. I see the price has gone up, but mine was $8500.00 delivered. That included a 12 by 12 steel roll up door and a steel man door. I spent another $1500.00 insulating and sheeting part of the inside, and adding power and light. I also poured a floor, so I guess I'm into it now for about $12000.00, but I love it. It was supposed to be a temporary shop, but its so sturdy that I think now at some point I will just cover the outside with steel and make it permanant.

http://www.esapco.com/clearspan-dealers/media/p04-05.swf

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/21/12 3:44 p.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin:

So you have the fabric version? I was wondering what they cost. We had one behind the Jeep dealer which was used as the detail shop. A nasty thunderstorm tore the fabric off the framework and sort of made me wonder if that's how I wanted to go.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/21/12 7:04 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
SVreX wrote: That scaffold is a bit of a nightmare.
aside from atop a truck.. it looks like the unistrut is held in place by the pins that usually lock the cross pieces.. not perfect, but not ready to fall down and take your thumbs with it either

Whoa there, big boy...

First off those wood boards are not scaffold planks. They are too narrow for a legit walkway. They don't latch in, and his left foot is dangerously close to a thrill ride.

Secondly, unistrut is not scaffold bracing. It doesn't attach properly, and it only goes in one diagonal, instead of an "X". Pretty sure it is tied on with a rope or piece of electrical wire.

There are no pins at the top level to keep the boards from sliding off, no hand rails, and no toe boards.

The quonset hut bent is tied to the scaffold, just in case it starts to fall, it is guaranteed to take the scaffold with it.

Even if the hat is a hard hat (it's not), the guy working under him doesn't have one.

And yeah, it's in a truck. Without wheel chocks.

Darwin award.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WSDQyC0gOEtCDzpkoOYkbIzztJpyjRdjFCEZXBeqakKvVZ7zlKkZMILymwWMobaW