RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
9/19/24 11:38 a.m.

I need a new one. This Kenwood kmmbt270U sucks.

No aux port on my phone so that isn't an option. 

I loved Kenwood until this one, but it doesn't play anymore. 

So what's out there as a cheap replacement that just works? Because my old favorite model doesn't exist anymore.

Update now that I'm off the treadmill. The Kenwood currently in the not a neon, bt270u, connects, says it's streaming, but no nose comes out. Initially if I deleted it from my phone and deleted my phone from it and reconnected and restarted the car it would work. Even after rewiring it, it just doesn't make any noise at all anymore.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
9/20/24 8:39 a.m.

Would it be easier if I said I don't care about making calls or listening to the radio or cds? 

I'm pretty sure I'd be happy with a Bluetooth amp like I think Keith, Curtis, and others have talked about before, maybe educate me on them? I know (now) the Pyle Bluetooth amp I bought last year for the porch, that was supposedly made to live on a boat, died after a year AND had garbage sound quality even on good speakers, but that's my extent of Bluetooth amp knowledge.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/20/24 8:51 a.m.

my last two cars have somehow come with the sameish cheap jvc head. Worked fine in both cases. I think they came from Walmart, but I know neither of us will go in there so.....

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/20/24 9:09 a.m.

If it helps, Chris put a Sony XAVAX1000 into his Frontier, and he seems pleased with the results so far.

Upgrades can be about making your vehicle more comfortable, too

(Link to Best Buy link for the tl;dr crowd)

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/20/24 10:06 a.m.

USB-C to Aux cable? 

$10 for a cable seems cheaper than a new headunit. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/20/24 6:56 p.m.
RevRico said:

I need a new one. This Kenwood kmmbt270U sucks.

No aux port on my phone so that isn't an option. 

What phone?  My headunit doesn't have Bluetooth, but I got a cheap USB-C dongle that has a headphone jack.  Even has a pass thru so I can charge it at the same time.

Worked great with my Samsung Flip phone.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UberDork
9/20/24 6:59 p.m.

I would try one of the $60-120 Amazon single DIN android auto units.  Worth a shot and free returns.  The android auto/carplay interface is basically a must-have any more.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FROtWEsN5o0yvuS6IJEDZpW7tlB0FFLeoktc0tW0bDyrBiBPzLcQ6PsrNd0lW6Bz