Indy-Guy wrote:

rob_lewis
rob_lewis SuperDork
4/3/17 2:07 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/3/17 2:34 p.m.
etifosi wrote: April 3, 1994

E36 M3, we're closing in on that time of year again. I saw him race this below. I was always a fan because he got to F1 the hard way.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/3/17 3:16 p.m.

There is a guy in Cars 3 named Armie Hammer.

Not this guy

this guy

He is Jackson Storm

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
4/3/17 3:50 p.m.
white_fly wrote: In reply to Knurled: I worked for Speedsource while they were running the GT class RX-8 in Grand-Am. Their muffler was roughly 3.5 feet long and 1 foot in diameter. They fabricated it from inconel and filled it with lava rocks because everything else just melted.

A friend bought an IT RX3 to race years ago with a lava rock muffler. The first race out it started spitting lava rocks at the cars behind him. He was not popular after the race!

We used to race against the Speedsource guys back in the day in the old SpeedVision Cup. The black Supra was ours.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/3/17 4:40 p.m.
white_fly wrote: In reply to Knurled: I worked for Speedsource while they were running the GT class RX-8 in Grand-Am. Their muffler was roughly 3.5 feet long and 1 foot in diameter. They fabricated it from inconel and filled it with lava rocks because everything else just melted.

Sounds like the MFR muffler. They came up with it pre-emptively in the 70s when one of them (maybe Yamamoto himself) noted that they could hear their RX-2s start and idle in the pits, from the other end of the circuit, while there were cars qualifying on track...

Of course it's NLA now.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
4/3/17 4:55 p.m.

photo 8FEBE560-FD71-4EBF-81FC-D284E89B2C85_zpshyivzjs2.jpg

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
4/3/17 6:40 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote:  photo 8FEBE560-FD71-4EBF-81FC-D284E89B2C85_zpshyivzjs2.jpg

Where is Powar?

sesto elemento
sesto elemento SuperDork
4/3/17 7:46 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote:
A friend bought an IT RX3 to race years ago with a lava rock muffler. The first race out it started spitting lava rocks at the cars behind him. He was not popular after the race! We used to race against the Speedsource guys back in the day in the old SpeedVision Cup. The black Supra was ours.

Havent got the wheels off that supra by any chance, have you?

Are they these?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
4/3/17 8:28 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
4/3/17 8:42 p.m.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/3/17 8:45 p.m.

Apparently yesterday between autocross and pulling the wire for the carport, I managed almost as many steps as I did the whole month of March. Holy E36 M3.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
4/3/17 8:57 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
chandlerGTi wrote:  photo 8FEBE560-FD71-4EBF-81FC-D284E89B2C85_zpshyivzjs2.jpg
Where is Powar?

Here it is.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/3/17 9:49 p.m.
RevRico wrote: Apparently yesterday between autocross and pulling the wire for the carport, I managed almost as many steps as I did the whole month of March. Holy E36 M3.

Logs?

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
4/3/17 10:05 p.m.

My phone has this infernal tracker, LG health. Once turned on, it can never be turned off that I've found.

It's nice because it's a step tracker I guess, but I tend to leave my phone laying around a lot so it misses a bunch.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/4/17 5:54 a.m.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/4/17 5:54 a.m.

FlightService
FlightService MegaDork
4/4/17 5:55 a.m.

fanfoy
fanfoy Dork
4/4/17 6:50 a.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
4/4/17 7:08 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
Sounds like the MFR muffler. They came up with it pre-emptively in the 70s when one of them (maybe Yamamoto himself) noted that they could hear their RX-2s start and idle in the pits, from the other end of the circuit, while there were cars qualifying on track... Of course it's NLA now.

I built a pre-silencer for my FB out of a glass pack I cut in half, gutted all the fiberglass and stuffed with SS pot scrubbers, then welded back together. It worked very well.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
4/4/17 8:45 a.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/4/17 9:10 a.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/4/17 9:26 a.m.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
4/4/17 9:30 a.m.