HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/17/24 11:11 a.m.

Anybody out there buy it and have to use it?  Sounds reasonable, I'm looking at a 2019 BMW 440i convertible, I prefer the hardtop option and decent looking grill to the newer models, and the option of a warranty appeals to me.  Thanks for any information/experiences you can share!

calteg
calteg UltraDork
9/17/24 2:32 p.m.

It used to be an absolute steal. The warranty on problematic cars (look at you Jag/Land Rovers/Every German car) used to be insanely cheap. 

Then they figured out they were losing a ton of money and upped the price. They honor the warranty and won't fight you too much

HoserRacing
HoserRacing HalfDork
9/17/24 2:40 p.m.

I'm looking at 60 months/75,000 miles for $3100 and a $150 deductible.  I figure at that rate, if anything happens to the engine or transmission, it's worth it and probably paid for itself.  I have a little more comfort level with Carmax and knowing I can just pop into a dealership anywhere and be covered, which is nice.  

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle PowerDork
9/17/24 9:27 p.m.

Sounds well worth it. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/18/24 9:31 a.m.
calteg said:

It used to be an absolute steal. The warranty on problematic cars (look at you Jag/Land Rovers/Every German car) used to be insanely cheap. 

Then they figured out they were losing a ton of money and upped the price. They honor the warranty and won't fight you too much

Came here to say something similar. If it's within your budget, I say go for it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N5h4KqCrWtwfhnNrQpzuMSUVcCJYyeOZLb8EyCiGAxSdbxi7tDfbr5hVjAt1JJpb