aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
3/15/12 10:00 a.m.

We participated in our local Morristown (NJ) St. Pat's parade last weekend.
Interesting mix of cars.
The usual old Model As and a new T-Bird Convertible with Miss Whatever waving at us like Queen Elizabeth.
And endless firetrucks and Humvees (from the local National Guard Armory). There was even a Japanese pickup carrying a several WW II vets......Oh the irony!

Anyway, there was also some Kool Kars. Here they are:

Chain drive Mack

Real Barris Batmobile body (but chassis / engine is not original)

Scooby-Doo truck

"Cony 360" mini-Scooby-Doo truck. Über Cool!

Deleorean "Back-To-The-Future" car. Was supposed to one of the "real" ones from the movie. It broke down and they had to push it through the rest of the parade.

The usual old cars / hot rods / weird things.....

"Four Horsepower". Guess what the little wagon is for?

This is our parade car....we've run it in local parades for the last five years.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
3/15/12 10:02 a.m.

Fun! Any specs on your parade car?

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/15/12 10:03 a.m.

We were there too, with the Seeing Eye.

pixors are still in the camera.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UltraDork
3/15/12 10:04 a.m.

I thought this was going to be about what cars St. Patrick would drive.

The answer to that would be a Cobra (Why, you ask? Because he drove the snakes out of Ireland...)

Don49
Don49 Reader
3/15/12 1:54 p.m.

If that's the Batmobile owned by Walsh Trucking, I painted it when I was a sales rep for Sherwin-Williams. IIRC it had a 1954 Lincoln frame and was powered by a 283 w/Powerglide.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UberDork
3/15/12 3:08 p.m.

There's quite a few of those fiberglass Batmobiles floating around the country, someone local has one built on a Pontiac Catalina chassis.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
3/15/12 3:18 p.m.
Don49 wrote: If that's the Batmobile owned by Walsh Trucking.......

It was listed as owned by Long Valley Auto Body.

ReverendDexter wrote: I thought this was going to be about what cars St. Patrick would drive. The answer to that would be a Cobra (Why, you ask? Because he drove the snakes out of Ireland...)

LOL!

BBsGarage wrote: We were there too, with the Seeing Eye.

Great organization!

RossD wrote: Fun! Any specs on your parade car?

Here You Go.
This page was created by one of my kids quite a while ago. Right now it technically has a gas/electric hybrid drive-train but the electric part as been a flop. We'd still like to go diesel at some point.

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
3/15/12 3:24 p.m.

I'm not sure which is stranger, pictures of a St. Patrick's Day parade...and almost no one wearing any green clothing. OR, that the parade "featured" cars and not semi-drunken Irishmen and Irish wanna-bes. (And I'm half Irish, so I can say that.)

Oh, yeah, what's with a parade a whole week before the actually/official birthday?

patgizz
patgizz UltraDork
3/15/12 3:34 p.m.
ReverendDexter wrote: I thought this was going to be about what cars St. Patrick would drive.

look in my reader's rides garage and you'll find out.

i'm awesome, part of my family is from the county cork.

Don49
Don49 Reader
3/15/12 7:25 p.m.

Aeronca, The original Batmobiles built by Barris were 2 for the tv show and 5 for car shows. The one I did was one of the car show iterations. But, just by coincidence, I used to live in Long Valley. Small world!

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
3/16/12 7:24 a.m.
integraguy wrote: I'm not sure which is stranger, pictures of a St. Patrick's Day parade...and almost no one wearing any green clothing. OR, that the parade "featured" cars and not semi-drunken Irishmen and Irish wanna-bes. (And I'm half Irish, so I can say that.) Oh, yeah, what's with a parade a whole week before the actually/official birthday?

Around here there are only so many pipe bands so the parades need to be on alternate days. Plus no one will ever mess with or schedule their own during the NYC St. Pats parade.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
3/16/12 7:52 a.m.
BBsGarage wrote: Around here there are only so many pipe bands so the parades need to be on alternate days. Plus no one will ever mess with or schedule their own during the NYC St. Pats parade.

Exactly. Several of my students are in the lead-off bag pipe band in this parade. They do seven St. Pat's parades in March. We are close to NY City, so many of the folks in our parade are also in the NYC parade.

Don49 wrote: Aeronca, .......The original Batmobiles built by Barris were 2 for the tv show and 5 for car shows. The one I did was one of the car show iterations. But, just by coincidence, I used to live in Long Valley. Small world!

Cool! We only live about 5 miles from LV and have a number of friends and relatives there.

integraguy wrote: I'm not sure which is stranger, pictures of a St. Patrick's Day parade...and almost no one wearing any green clothing. OR, that the parade "featured" cars and not semi-drunken Irishmen and Irish wanna-bes. (And I'm half Irish, so I can say that.)......

I am actually, originally from Ireland.
Back in the Auld Sod, you will almost never see us wearing leprechaun suits or funny green hats on St. Pat's day (unless it's an American tourist or a mental patient).

I'm friends with the mayor and many of the local cops. The Morristown parade is promoted as a family-oriented day and public drunkenness isn't tolerated. You have to go to Hoboken for that.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
3/17/12 2:31 p.m.

mark500
mark500 New Reader
3/22/12 7:28 a.m.

What is it man? It’s so funny and creative. People of St. Patrick are so creative and fun loving, we can see that by these equipments.

Girls and cars

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N0gc3Lv997JiNukmSyi3tqu94D0W2m5cf0b5bBAlUrPYoQynPIUOuUG0QTKDZ5xP