pigeon
pigeon Reader
7/27/09 10:23 p.m.

Wear your helmets while bicycling kids. I'm hanging in the local ER waiting on my CT results to confirm that all I have is a minor concussion after a helmeted spill at 10-15mph onto an asphalt roadway. The right side of my helmet bounced off the road and I still apparently rang my bell so you be careful out there! The road rash is pretty minor all things considered too.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/27/09 10:26 p.m.

Dang dude. Glad to hear you are at least kinda OK. I hope the test results are good.

pigeon
pigeon Reader
7/27/09 10:31 p.m.

I felt fine until almost 2 hours after I fell - rode the remaining 10 miles or so without difficulty, no headache, everything was ok. Then 2 hours later I got visual disturbances and a very minor headache and had the Wife take me to the ER. By the time we got here I felt pretty much fine but decided to get checked out anyway. Now I will have pictures of my brain :D

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
7/27/09 10:35 p.m.

Good thinking. Always play it safe! Remember, your brain cannot feel pain, so a problem up there might go unnoticed until it's too late.

Glad to hear you're OK and that you were wearing a helmet.

rcl4668
rcl4668 New Reader
7/27/09 10:36 p.m.

In reply to confuZion3:

Hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

/Rich

pigeon
pigeon Reader
7/27/09 10:52 p.m.

CT clear, going home shortly. Goodnight all!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/27/09 11:03 p.m.

Cool. And yes, a helmet may make you look like a dork, but it beats being dead.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/27/09 11:08 p.m.

Hey, don't call me shortly. Glad to hear it's all good.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
7/27/09 11:47 p.m.

Could be worse.......uh, I got nothing.

suprf1y
suprf1y Reader
7/28/09 12:42 a.m.

Concussions are serious business. I had a relatively minor, low speed spill in April. I felt fine too, and rode for another hour or so. It wasn't until a few hours later that I started to feel rough. Driving home from the track, I could barely maintain a constant speed. Bad headaches, dizziness, head in the clouds. I thought I had the flu, and missed a week of work ( I never take time off). It wasn't until a few days later, at the Doctor's office for something else, he started asking questions, and figured it out. The headaches are now gone, and my energy level is pretty much back, but my memory is fried. I have to write routine things down, so I can at least get things done. I hope I stop losing stuff. It's getting expensive.

Good luck to you, and don't be surprised if it takes a while.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
7/28/09 11:24 a.m.
pigeon wrote: Now I will have pictures of my brain :D

Now you can prove you have one.

Glad to hear you're alright though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yrzot9HDZt3S8tQUF96ZkBYTFwn9VgXtuyjynfxqLi3kmg2UXN60w5KrWZiYmDeU