12/9/14 12:16 p.m.
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/9/14 12:19 p.m.

That rules.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/9/14 12:30 p.m.

I think they might need to repower that thing with some more common junkyard stuff. Shredding early Lotus twincams might get somebody shot.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/9/14 2:44 p.m.

That's what they're for, innit?

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
12/9/14 3:58 p.m.

Oh man, I'm so watching this later!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
12/9/14 4:08 p.m.

dang, that's cool.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
12/9/14 4:57 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Oh man, I'm so watching this later!

I don't think there is anything to watch. Just reading..

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
12/9/14 5:48 p.m.

I love the line about someone walking through the pits wearing a Rush shirt and Neil thinking "If only he knew..."!

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
12/9/14 7:51 p.m.
petegossett wrote: I love the line about someone walking through the pits wearing a Rush shirt and Neil thinking "If only he knew..."!

Could have been a Rush movie T

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
1/6/15 9:24 a.m.

NP highlighted on NPR today. Some great old video clips showing off his chops!

Neil Peart on NPR

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/6/15 9:46 a.m.

Nobody likes Rush.....facepalms

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/6/15 1:31 p.m.

Man, how did I miss this earlier? At least a J-H FINISHED LeMons! Glad it had such a distinguished pilot.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
1/6/15 3:19 p.m.
alfadriver wrote:
petegossett wrote: I love the line about someone walking through the pits wearing a Rush shirt and Neil thinking "If only he knew..."!
Could have been a Rush movie T

Having read his books, I would bet he would wear a Rush movie T-shirt.

Cone_Junkie
Cone_Junkie SuperDork
1/6/15 3:25 p.m.

Bookmarked for later reading

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
1/6/15 6:07 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Nobody likes Rush.....*facepalms*

that's true. we berkeleying love Rush!

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
1/6/15 8:23 p.m.

pert is a motorhead for sure.

he's ridden on a bike across the country

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
1/6/15 9:57 p.m.

Awesome, wish I had been there to see it, better yet to realize who I was seeing.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
1/6/15 11:51 p.m.
madmallard wrote: pert is a motorhead for sure. he's ridden on a bike across the country

I think it was around North America and Central America. I've been meaning to read the book he wrote about it, called Ghost Rider. He basically checked out after his daughter died (car crash?) and then his wife died shortly after (cancer?). Must be an amazing story.

Good on him for doing Lemons.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
1/8/15 2:11 p.m.
gamby wrote:
madmallard wrote: pert is a motorhead for sure. he's ridden on a bike across the country
I think it was around North America and Central America. I've been meaning to read the book he wrote about it, called Ghost Rider. He basically checked out after his daughter died (car crash?) and then his wife died shortly after (cancer?). Must be an amazing story. Good on him for doing Lemons.

The book is a must-read if you're a Rush fan. If you like motorcycles, or if you've had to deal with the sudden loss of a loved one, it's also an applicable read.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
1/8/15 2:46 p.m.

That was awesome. Huge Rush fan here.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
1/8/15 2:51 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: I think they might need to repower that thing with some more common junkyard stuff. Shredding early Lotus twincams might get somebody shot.

That's not a Lotus Twincam. It's a Lotus 907.

Ponder
Ponder New Reader
1/9/15 6:19 a.m.

Long time Lurker. First time poster. Registered to say that if my mancrush on Neil Peart wasn't big enough, now I find out he does Lemons. Wow. Great Read.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/9/15 8:16 a.m.

Yep. Not only is Rush Canada's pre-apology for Celine Dion and Justin Bieber, they are car guys as well. Thanks to America's Hat!

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
1/9/15 6:18 p.m.

Not a Rush fan (the horror!), but it's so cool to see big people doing "little people" things. If that doesn't sound weird. Like it would be nice to know that Bruce Springsteen was big on home brewing. Or Brian Johnson liked vintage racing, and was a nice, approachable guy.

madmallard
madmallard HalfDork
1/10/15 5:05 p.m.

In reply to gamby:

and doesnt he write the lyrics for their songs? Including one called Red Barchetta? ;p

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EfXndWsULUh5ZHV4lDUO6SzwEWHS59zUGM8E0IDj4HoooR67VbONETsYwNRQe4ix