8 9 10 11 12
Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/13/15 11:00 a.m.

Let's hope it's someone who knows how to win playoff games, not just regular season ones.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
1/15/15 3:55 p.m.

By the way berkeley Ray Lewis!! His rant about Tom Brady comes off as sour grapes. Can this guy just berkeley off already?!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/15/15 7:38 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: By the way berkeley Ray Lewis!! His rant about Tom Brady comes off as sour grapes. Can this guy just berkeley off already?!

He's an idiot, the Tuck Rule was made the year before Brady got drafted.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/15/15 9:39 p.m.

Stab-stab-stab.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/15/15 9:55 p.m.

Del Rio to the Raiders is a great fit, they're going to be dangerous for the next few years. Denver is a wreck. Tomsula to the 9ers is a management-neutered choice. Already loving Rex Ryan at Buffalo.

Fox in Chicago is intriguing, hope it comes true. Who did the Jets hire?

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/16/15 7:01 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
Mazdax605 wrote: By the way berkeley Ray Lewis!! His rant about Tom Brady comes off as sour grapes. Can this guy just berkeley off already?!
He's an idiot, the Tuck Rule was made the year *before* Brady got drafted.

plus the fact that Brady and the Pats have won 2 other SB's and been in a total of 4 with him at the helm … and could well get there again

yeah Lewis's BS had gotten old before he retired … hasn't gotten any better since then

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/16/15 9:00 a.m.
wbjones wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: Go Packers Tebow has a better record as a Bronco in the postseason than Manning does. Sheesh.
I was re-posting this elsewhere .. and someone called me on it … Peyton has 2 victories and Tim has one

Missed the ninja edit in this post.

Look at the percentages. Tebow won 50% of his playoff games (1-1) as a Bronco. Manning has won 40% (2-3) so far.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/16/15 9:58 a.m.

Speaking of looking at percentages, Manning may have thrown 530 TDs in his NFL career, but don't forget he has also thrown 234 interceptions. He did this on 9034 attempted passes.

Just for fun, I compared this to Russel Wilson's numbers. Of course he's only in his 3rd year in the NFL and of course he doesn't attempt nearly as many passes per game on average, but he has thrown 794 passes and has 72 TDs and 25 INTs. His TD/attempt percentage is almost double Mannings. His INT/attempt percentage is higher than Mannings though. TD/INT ratio is better as well. Wilson also has a higher career QB rating than Manning, and way higher if you just look at Manning's first three seasons.

Then I just looked at the numbers from Manning's first three seasons, which made Wilson look even better. Sure this is cherry picking, but since I've always enjoyed rooting against Manning, it suits my purpose.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/16/15 12:24 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Its cherry picking for sure, amazing what your stats can look like when opposing teams are playing run defense 80% of the time due to Lynch.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/16/15 1:06 p.m.

Sounds like Fox to Chicago is a done deal.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/16/15 3:49 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Del Rio to the Raiders is a great fit, they're going to be dangerous for the next few years.

If you're talking football, that's a bold prediction. If you're talking assault charges, you're probably more accurate.

And I don't think Denver perceives themselves as being in bad shape. I think they're right where Elway and Manning want to be: Trying to hand-pick a coach for one last shot. I think Del Rio actually would have worked out well as a Denver head coach. He's a defensive-minded guy, and the next Denver coach is going have to realize that no one really wants to hear what he has to say when it comes to the offense.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/16/15 4:52 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Exactly, but this is the smack talk thread, so I figured I could cherry pick away. At least I called myself out on it right?

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/18/15 3:17 p.m.

Buwahaha, it took 22 minutes before Seattle managed to even get a first down.....

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/18/15 3:40 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Packers are going to catch Seattle with their heads up their butts 1 too many quarters and win.

Brilliant prediction!

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/18/15 5:30 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

It appears that the packers are either doing everything in their power to lose, or that they gave Wilson a snickers to quit playing like the chump he is midway through the 4th.....

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/18/15 5:35 p.m.

Went to the store, cuz meh. Came back to see the Seahawks finally showed up.

Wow, didn't see that comin'.

Just wow.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
1/18/15 5:37 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Just wow.

I know, right? That was a heckuva comeback.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/18/15 6:22 p.m.

I was encouraging the Packers to go for it when they were 4th and inches on the goal line in the first quarter. Twice. But they took the conservative field goal instead. Damn.

Just like the Seahawks/Broncos game earlier this year, it was determined by the coin toss going into overtime. Seattle/New England is not what I want to see in the Superbowl.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
1/18/15 6:26 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote:
fasted58 wrote: Just wow.
I know, right? That was a heckuva comeback.

Didn't have a dog in this fight, just wanted to see some good football on my rare day off... and then it happened.

'Spose they'll be talking about this one for a while.

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/18/15 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Yea, I'm still pulling for Indy to mess up Brady's hair, but we evidently need to teach football fundamentals to our veteran kick returner.....come the berkeley on, you're surrounded by patriots, let it go. He didn't and tried catching it with his face mask.....damn Cleveland Browns training.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/18/15 6:41 p.m.

That was a thoroughly strange game to watch.

Colts can't catch.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/18/15 7:21 p.m.

That was a bizarre game to watch. 5 minutes left in the game, the Packer intercept yet another pass from Wilson. They have the ball and a 12 point lead. Why the guy who caught the ball slid to the ground when he could've ran 10-15 (or more) yards. The Packers defense obviously thought the game was over. Then the Packers offense comes on the field and shows that they too think the game is over. Don't let Rogers throw, just hand it off over and over again. That took a whole minute off the clock. That was just poor playing/coaching from the Pack, but then it really started getting weird after that. The onside kick? The 2 point conversion? Did the coverage guy have money on the hawks? That ball was up in the air for an eternity and he somehow couldn't get in position to break it up? Then we get to see an emotional Russel Wilson and a DE riding a police bike around the field. They say defense wins championships, and without a great D, the Packers would've had a lot more touchdowns and less field goals and had a bigger half time lead. The Seattle D was the only thing that kept them in the game, and then it took a lot of skill, luck, and am opponent that thought the game was already over before it was for the Seahawks to come back and win.

Not the prettiest or best played game, but a win is a win.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/18/15 8:01 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Buwahaha, it took 22 minutes before Seattle managed to even get a first down.....

I found it's often better to do my smack talking AFTER the game

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/18/15 8:06 p.m.

How the hell was that a first down? Did they change the forward progress rules?

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/18/15 8:11 p.m.

And the floodgates have opened both literally and figuratively.

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PD6HGIgrXQ0wbjAxVFYHRYfUBURtyUhu5VI0TbJTsISmESmcnaEM6Pm4E2lBIdih