4 5 6 7 8
wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/31/14 6:48 a.m.
bastomatic wrote: Aaaand Suh is back in. Sorry Cowgirls, looks like Womo is gonna spend some time on his back after all.

just my opinion .. but I think past acts should be considered in cases like this … Suh (again my opinion only) should have been suspended for the remainder of this season … regardless of how many games that is… and then suspended for at least 3 games to start next season

my reasoning is, suspensions and fines aren't getting through to this thug (and I realize that people say he's a super nice guy off the field … but I truly believe the true character is showing through by these acts) ….. he's on a contract yr. (i.e. free agent after this season) .. not being able to use him for the first 3 games of next season, would make teams stop and think about just how badly they wanted to sign him …

nothing else seems to get his attention … maybe this would

I also think the original suspension was a sham … the commissioner "knew" that the suspension would be over turned on appeal …. because "playoffs" … I really wonder if he thinks that fewer people would have watched the game because Suh wasn't playing … I think that more will boycott the game BECAUSE of the appeal … I know I will

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
12/31/14 11:32 a.m.

In reply to wbjones:

I think if you watch the tape you'll see it was silly to suspend over the offense. Suh is indeed a dirty player, like many in the league. His past actions and the media hype cycle put every play he makes under the microscope.

Also, it's football. It's not a clean sport, and people get hurt for a variety of reasons. If you want to boycott a game for Suh, perhaps you should be boycotting the league entirely for a variety of far worse offenses.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
12/31/14 6:43 p.m.

gotta disagree …it was IMHO completely deliberate … from the correct camera you could see him lift his other foot off the ground and make sure all his weight was on Roger's ankle … he actually stepped twice on Roger's ankle … the first "could" have been an accident … not the second

I do agree that there's lots of things that go on in the pile … but this was out in the open and completely deliberate (doesn't make the stuff that goes on in the pile ok … just no way to police those actions)

if you're going to use the excuse that the media is focused on Suh .. looking for this type of thing … he has only himself to blame …

and yes there are other players that are considered dirty ..like his teammate Dominic Raiola … I'm sure there are others … but few with the history of those 2

and like I posted …the only way to get these guys attention is to make the punishment HURT … and $70,000 fine to Suh is less than pocket change (2014 salary: 12,550,000 (base) - - 3,470,000 (option bonus) 125,000 [workout bonus … he gets this for making it to the workouts] )

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/31/14 9:08 p.m.

How are the all the internet experts picking the Ravens over the Steelers? Nutjobs!

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants MegaDork
1/3/15 10:59 a.m.
Javelin wrote: How are the all the internet experts picking the Ravens over the Steelers? Nutjobs!

Bell is out. Ngata is back. If the OL can hold up we've got a shot, but I expect the E36 M3birds to blitz every other down.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/3/15 11:33 a.m.

at least you kept your avatar … so we'll know who you are

ScreaminE
ScreaminE HalfDork
1/3/15 12:17 p.m.

It's been pissing rain and hovering around freezing here today. So glad I'm watching 'em Stillers from the comfort of my split level instead of Heinz Field.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE HalfDork
1/3/15 12:18 p.m.

Oh, and that scumbag who stepped on the discount double check guy's arm did it on purpose.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 SuperDork
1/3/15 1:24 p.m.
ScreaminE wrote: Oh, and that scumbag who stepped on the discount double check guy's arm did it on purpose.

Ankle/leg...

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
1/3/15 6:54 p.m.

Dear 6lb 7oz baby jesus, PLEASE let the Bob Costascats go all the way so Cam Newton can finally experience getting a mudhole stomped in his dumb ass by a REAL football team.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
1/3/15 9:38 p.m.

Carolina/Arizona looked like a high school game. those were two not-so-good teams.

And sorry, Poo, but Pittsburgh is looking positively ordinary, at least through the first three minutes of the fourth quarter. Maybe this fumble recovery can light a fire, but so far it's looked pretty fireproof.

JG Pasterjak
1/3/15 9:40 p.m.

Jesus. 45yd TD on 1st and 10. Fire lit.

I need to spend more time proofreading my posts.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
1/3/15 10:26 p.m.

Don't ever count the Ravens out when it is playoff time.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
1/3/15 10:28 p.m.
Javelin wrote: How are the all the internet experts picking the Ravens over the Steelers? Nutjobs!

Obvious nutjobs.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
1/3/15 10:37 p.m.

Thanks a berkeleyin pantload, Baby Huey! How long does a brain injury last, anyway? I was stoked when Gradkowski came in. Wish they'd have left him in...like...forever.

Congrats to Dribble-lip and the rest of the felon E36 M3 birds.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
1/3/15 11:10 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Obvious nutjobs.

They were a set of knees away from losing it ya know...

JG Pasterjak
1/4/15 8:53 a.m.

And apparently the most unstoppable defense in the playoffs was the Cardinals offense. 78 yards for the entire game. Even with the 20-yard loss on the game ending schoolyard circle jerk they didn't break 100.

Man, I would have loved to have seen that team healthy in the playoffs. Arians deserves a ring.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Dork
1/4/15 9:42 a.m.
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants wrote: Thanks a berkeleyin pantload, Baby Huey! How long does a brain injury last, anyway? I was stoked when Gradkowski came in. Wish they'd have left him in...like...forever. Congrats to Dribble-lip and the rest of the felon E36 M3 birds.

Amen.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
1/4/15 10:20 a.m.
wbjones wrote: at least you kept your avatar … so we'll know who you are

As if the verbiage in his posts wouldn't be enough of a clue.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
1/4/15 11:05 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
30-17. That's all.

Smarta$$ McPoopyPants
1/4/15 11:11 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: And apparently the most unstoppable defense in the playoffs was the Cardinals offense. 78 yards for the entire game. Even with the 20-yard loss on the game ending schoolyard circle jerk they didn't break 100. Man, I would have loved to have seen that team healthy in the playoffs. Arians deserves a ring.

Impressive for sure, but how much of that was a function of 3rd string QB? (Seriously; was at work and only caught about the last 5 mins.)

Also, how do you think they'll hold up against a "real" football team? I predict a beatdown, with Cam faking an injury in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/4/15 12:29 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
wbjones wrote: at least you kept your avatar … so we'll know who you are
As if the verbiage in his posts wouldn't be enough of a clue.

there are actually enough others that are similar enough to him to make us wonder

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/4/15 12:31 p.m.
Smarta$$ McPoopyPants wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote: And apparently the most unstoppable defense in the playoffs was the Cardinals offense. 78 yards for the entire game. Even with the 20-yard loss on the game ending schoolyard circle jerk they didn't break 100. Man, I would have loved to have seen that team healthy in the playoffs. Arians deserves a ring.
Impressive for sure, but how much of that was a function of 3rd string QB? (Seriously; was at work and only caught about the last 5 mins.) Also, how do you think they'll hold up against a "real" football team? I predict a beatdown, with Cam faking an injury in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

yeah … this isn't tOSU …. the 3rd string QB wasn't even on the team (if what I read was correct) until a few weeks ago

doubt that there are any teams in the NFL that could make a go of it, after loosing their 1st and 2nd string QB's

yamaha
yamaha MegaDork
1/4/15 2:48 p.m.

Thus far today, even diehard Bengals fans are saying "Who Dey" not admitting to having a football team.....

logdog
logdog Dork
1/4/15 3:11 p.m.

Is the AFC North the Big 10 of the NFL?

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2cKVI8bBrvoHGSVNvfbO7AU9rxFFNyQ2XPk8E6y8EbwHALwnpDOW7BUiuvpQkS8b