2 3 4
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
11/17/13 7:41 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Flight Service wrote:
ddavidv wrote: Still, I'd take one any day over that hideous abortion festooned with pointless plastic add-ons they laughably called Eleanor in the remake.
You are entitled to your opinion but you can only spew so much wrongness before peoples brains shut off.
So much body kit, so ugly.

I like it, though the side pipes and covers could go.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UberDork
11/17/13 7:42 p.m.
gofastbobby wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59agjnZLUE best line of the movie as far as im concerned.

yep, thats it!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
11/17/13 9:56 p.m.
ddavidv wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: Also, don't diss the 80s-1993 Mustang. It was better looking than most of the cars of that era. Particularly in the 1990s when they put the neat-o tail lights on there with the body colored slits. How can you not love this?
Easy. Because the GT model suffered from what I call Saab SPG syndrome: Superfluous Plastic Garbage. They look cluttered, and I've never liked those taillights. The LX was SO much cleaner.

Agreed!

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
11/17/13 10:14 p.m.

IIRC, the LX was faster than the GT because it had less gak hanging off it.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
11/18/13 2:02 a.m.
ShadowSix wrote: In reply to Flyin Mikey J: You sir, did not grow up in the 1980's. I made a photocopy of the CD road test of the '85 Mustang GT at the local library and carried it around with me wherever I went for weeks.

I did the same thing with a review of an '85 LX notch...actually I think that I have that mag here somewhere...

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/18/13 8:58 a.m.

Having extra non-functioning body parts, grills, scoops and whatnots is and always has been what the Mustang is about. Look at the first generation ones with the fake vents/scoops on the sides. Look at the elanor above with rear quarter glass covered up by fake scoops.

My WRX takes the fake vents to a new level, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much, although the MINI's with non-functioning hood scoops are the funniest.

sailos
sailos None
11/18/13 1:05 p.m.

I love that movie very much, besides Nicolas Cage is my favourite actor

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J New Reader
12/7/13 12:31 p.m.
ShadowSix wrote: In reply to Flyin Mikey J: You sir, did not grow up in the 1980's.

Class of 83. So, I came of age in the 1980s... but hate most US cars built after 1970-something with a passion. I look at the 1980s as the decade that killed the US auto industry. Only in recent years has Detroit came up with anything worthwhile, and much of that, other than Cadillac, has been in the form of retrostyling, evoking of course the late 60s/early 70s.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bHccNBLd6RAGKu7fnWfGP03xMgk5JMDRvlb0nIVNBtMrPikhJZeJgFdBFBQqq9Xi