yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/29/13 9:45 a.m.

My first one must have been a pile of crap then..... (which can easily happen)

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/29/13 10:02 a.m.

idiocy of the day.......I've never seen one before, but if it isn't live, IDK why they're freaking out.

http://news.msn.com/us/missile-launcher-shows-up-at-seattle-gun-buyback

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/29/13 10:03 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Yea, heard about the launcher. The Hi-Points can be hit or miss.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/29/13 10:24 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

and it didn't even get bought back by the buy-back, one of the collectors that was there to buy historic and interesting pieces ended up taking it for $100 after it was checked out by the bomb squad and declared safe. the thing is the missile equivalent to fired brass

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/29/13 10:36 a.m.

In reply to Strizzo:

Yep.....I've seen demilled at-4's and such, never a stinger though.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/29/13 11:44 a.m.

We've got a few demilitarized large shells in the shop. They draw in attention.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/30/13 6:08 a.m.

I must need my tinfoil hat. I think this might be possible http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process#

A writer for Daily Kos We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard. We should also segway into an anti-hunting campaign, like those in the UK. By making hunting expensive and unpopular, we can make the transition to a gun free society much less of a headache for us. I know this seems harsh, but this is the only way we can be truly safe. I don't want my kids being shot at by a deranged NRA member. I'm sure you don't either. So lets stop looking for short term solutions and start looking long term. Registration is the first step. Tell Pres. Obama and democrats in congress to demand mandatory, comprehensive gun registration. It's the only way we can ban guns with any effectiveness.
93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/30/13 7:31 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: I must need my tinfoil hat. I think this might be possible http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process#
A writer for Daily Kos We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard. We should also segway into an anti-hunting campaign, like those in the UK. By making hunting expensive and unpopular, we can make the transition to a gun free society much less of a headache for us. I know this seems harsh, but this is the only way we can be truly safe. I don't want my kids being shot at by a deranged NRA member. I'm sure you don't either. So lets stop looking for short term solutions and start looking long term. Registration is the first step. Tell Pres. Obama and democrats in congress to demand mandatory, comprehensive gun registration. It's the only way we can ban guns with any effectiveness.

That scares me.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/30/13 7:55 a.m.

They're serious. The poll at the bottom of the page is y/n/pie "should we ban all guns within 10 years?"

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/30/13 9:50 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

That writer needs to have their sight removed.....everyone else would prolly blame it on ASSAULT ACID though.

Either way, instead of stupidity, he could only be able to type "hjerfbvsdklzweb arfhbalsdfhvbadl;fjsndc.kjasdflauiergfbaljba,lsdb.sdfjklnawl;dgjvnfl;gvjkaelfasbdvsdz,.vnzd"

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/30/13 9:53 a.m.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/20810775/rep-duncan-wants-remington-arms-made-in-sc

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/30/13 10:00 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

LOL........they need to go after auto ordinance/kahr/thompson and winchester too.....aside from the 700, remington makes nothing appealing to me.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/30/13 10:21 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to tuna55: LOL........they need to go after auto ordinance/kahr/thompson and winchester too.....aside from the 700, remington makes nothing appealing to me.

Not even 870? What's your pump-of-choice then?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/30/13 10:22 a.m.

500 or GTFO. Wait... that's my choice. After having 500's for so long an 870 feels alien and backwards.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/30/13 10:30 a.m.
JoeyM wrote: I must need my tinfoil hat. I think this might be possible http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/21/1172661/-How-to-Ban-Guns-A-step-by-step-long-term-process#

Eric Holder said something similar in 95 about "shaming gun owners into cowering in corners like smokers." luckily, current law prohibits registration, but that hasn't stopped people from trying to get around the rules and regulate ammunition via the EPA.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/30/13 2:33 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to tuna55: LOL........they need to go after auto ordinance/kahr/thompson and winchester too.....aside from the 700, remington makes nothing appealing to me.

The only pump 12ga that should exist, the Winchester '97. The 870 and 500 are cheap jokes compared to them.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
1/30/13 2:42 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
The only pump 12ga that should exist, the Winchester '97. The 870 and 500 are cheap jokes compared to them.

And how long has it been since Winchester made that gun? Even Winchester couldn't keep it up.

My family has an 870 Wingmaster from the 1950s and it has anything but a cheap feel to it. But I must admit I've never handled a Winchester 97.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/30/13 2:51 p.m.

I'm a John Browning fan, if I get a pump, it will be a Winchester 12 or a early, trigger disconnect Ithaca 37

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/30/13 2:51 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

Imagine a lever action winchester, except with a pump, and 12, 16, or 20ga instead of a rifle/pistol caliber....Winchester sold the design at some point to Norinco, you can still buy new '97s to this day. IDK if norinco added a safety or not though.

I had to qualify with a 870 police magnum, it was by far the most back asswards shotgun I've ever used. I managed to pass the speed loading portion only after switching to shooting lefty.

Kenny, I'm a browning fan as well.....hence the '97

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/30/13 2:54 p.m.
yamaha wrote: The only pump 12ga that should exist, the Winchester '97.

I beg to differ. I have a 1960s vintage Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight that shoots skeet, rabbits, squirrels and grouse better than anything else I've ever shot, including all those fancy Italian jobs.

Google says they still make the 37 today.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/30/13 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I really like the Ithaca Model 37 as well.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/30/13 3:07 p.m.

speaking of Browning fans and shotguns....

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/30/13 3:15 p.m.

I do have a "Ithica".....well, Lefever trap gun. It was made during the name change to Ithica but made in Ithica, NY

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/30/13 4:37 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
yamaha wrote: The only pump 12ga that should exist, the Winchester '97.
I beg to differ. I have a 1960s vintage Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight that shoots skeet, rabbits, squirrels and grouse better than anything else I've ever shot, including all those fancy Italian jobs. Google says they still make the 37 today.

the name has been resurrected by another company, they had a booth at SHOT show. unfortunately they've apparently added a disconnector so you can't just hold the trigger and pump anymore.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/30/13 4:40 p.m.

The 37 lost its slamfire function in the 70s AFAIK.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oXwWKjiiBh1l4UZF5EN8Xz4k4DMPBqxvgAudTbMMO1370Rn7sfp141TNog6ijUcm