1 2 3
EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
6/2/14 6:33 p.m.

I adopted a cat yesterday. The shelter named her Arya. While I love Game of Thrones, I'm not sure I like that name for her and I am terrible at picking new names.

She is loud and affectionate, here are some terrible pictures from my cell phone.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/2/14 6:36 p.m.

Cat.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/2/14 6:37 p.m.

Mesmo

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
6/2/14 6:40 p.m.

Stupid cat

ryanty22
ryanty22 HalfDork
6/2/14 6:44 p.m.

Name it dog since its loud and affectionate

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/2/14 6:49 p.m.

Boozer.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
6/2/14 6:51 p.m.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
6/2/14 7:29 p.m.

Of course, like all cats it doesn't matter what you name her, she won't come when you call her. If it were a male I would suggest Smokey Joe. How about Inara? (geeky Firefly reference)

Thank you for rescuing a kitty from the shelter.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
6/2/14 7:44 p.m.

Ben Purr

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/2/14 7:50 p.m.

Seriously?

No-one has suggested it?

Bob Costas

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
6/2/14 8:05 p.m.

Tox O. Plasmosis. "Tox" for short.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
6/2/14 8:09 p.m.
  1. DAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW

2. "E36 M3head"

3. The "Bob Costas" suggestion made me Lol.

4. Srsly. Our last kitteh, "Una," who was 19 yo, had to be put down before xmas. We called her "Bubba." So I'm all about the dude name for a girl cat.

"Bob." FTW.

Or (E36 M3 crazy cat people say:) She'll tell you her name.

Will
Will SuperDork
6/2/14 8:24 p.m.

Poster Nutbag.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
6/2/14 8:25 p.m.

I love human names on animals. There was once an albino snake named David.... after David Coverdale from the band Whitesnake.

Wanda? Norma? Betty? Earl? I have a sense of humor, and thus why I never get to name any of our animals.

bentwrench
bentwrench Reader
6/2/14 8:27 p.m.

Give her time she will name herself.

The 2 that claim me Clodius Maximus & Hellon Wheels.

Clod (mutt) is just that, dumber than a box of rocks (2 time looser at the shelter, brought back twice) no Feng Shui does not see how he fits into the physical world always knocking things over untrainable can't keep him from stepping on my keyboard. Must kick the ass of any cat he can see, will sit in the house in front of the window and watch for a cat to come in range then he bolts out of the house and makes fur fly. Hangs in the garage with me til I get out the air nozzle, not bothered by vacuum. Very chatty.

Hellon (Manix) is a tiny ball of fire will take on cats 3 times her size, but if you ring the door bell she freaks out, razor sharp claws and a bad attitude refuses to be held. But a lump of putty at night obsessively has to be touching me Favorite spot in the middle of my chest. Easily trained not to step on keyboard, can't train her to stay out of the butter, gots to keep it covered. Whiner very vocal (mostly whining). Did I say she whines?

Katie (HER cat) (Rag Doll) dumber than E36 M3 will not go outside to E36 M3 won't E36 M3 in the box if there is more than one turd in it, Miss Prissy leaves hairballs hocked up on the new rugs. Must be fed first or will wail on others. Total fraidy cat, fire up the vacuum and she bolts faster than Hellon. Very long hair and magnificent whiskers, has snow shoes (I pull that long hair between her toes to torment her). Plugs up vacuum bag with hair deposits left on rugs and furniture. Sleeps next to HER. Wanders around howling morosely or squeeks to chat (sometimes opens mouth and no sound).

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
6/2/14 8:28 p.m.

TT = short for Tire Tread

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/2/14 8:33 p.m.

Truth on cats naming themselves. Charlie renamed him catbutt and get the berkeley off me all at the same time.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
6/2/14 8:41 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Of course, like all cats it doesn't matter what you name her, she won't come when you call her.

Both my cats come when I call them.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UberDork
6/2/14 8:45 p.m.

"Loki, the destroyer of worlds" is what I've named my daughters cat.

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
6/2/14 8:54 p.m.

My other cat comes when I call her. She also plays fetch so she might be a bit crazy...

Bob Costas definitely made me laugh, that is in consideration. My snake is named Steve.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/2/14 8:55 p.m.

My tuxedo cat is named Phydaux

egnorant
egnorant SuperDork
6/2/14 9:01 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: My tuxedo cat is named Phydaux

Should that be Phydeaux?

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
6/2/14 9:45 p.m.

My bad, finger error..

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
6/2/14 9:46 p.m.

My cats just look at me when I call them, but rattle the kibble and here they all come. I was just being sarcastic though, plenty of cats come running at the sound of their name. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers there.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
6/2/14 9:52 p.m.

Dammit.

Works great for "c'mere Dammit," "get off the couch, Dammit," etc.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZcBwPCCLOmKoy2WuSqKut3KYI4z0SdpCUhRCmYDpOJbQ41AFzBblUincIirg9bbx