1 2 3
N Sperlo
N Sperlo Dork
9/29/11 9:22 a.m.

I say berkeley the neighborhood board full of nazis.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
9/29/11 9:23 a.m.

Do you have a "Storage Room" place nearby? Some have open space they let people store stuff in.

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
9/29/11 9:29 a.m.

Seriously? Somewhere in ALABAMA won't let you store a trailer in your yard? Just hide it behind the junk cars.

Maybe a storage place. I would let you store it at my place if you were closer and would let me use it.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
9/29/11 9:32 a.m.

Can you register it as a CampTrailer?

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
9/29/11 9:38 a.m.

Read the laws very carefully. Better yet, scan them in and present them here and we'll find creative loopholes for you.

For instance, my stepfather works for Time Warner. He cannot, due to the silly HOA, park the van at his house without stipulations. He has to either have a car cover over it or take the ladders off, the cone off, and cover the logos with magnets.

I suggested that they get a car cover done up that looks exactly like the van, logos and all.

I also think it would have been funny to get magnets that say stuff like "Johnsons mustache rides" and the like.

Unfortunately, they have much less of a sense of humor than I. I am sure we could get creative with your rules as well.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/29/11 9:39 a.m.

Local guy with (an unauthorized) motorhome got one of those pop up car garages and painted it like a shed.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
9/29/11 9:42 a.m.

What part of Alabama are you in? If you're near the Birmingham area, I still have family there... Hint hint.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
9/29/11 9:51 a.m.

Paint it black, but some sponsor stickers on it, and put a big number 3 on it. Alabama camo.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
9/29/11 9:52 a.m.

Say you want to get one of those idiotic roof balconies that doesn't actually connect to any of the inside rooms, build a fence around it, and put the trailer on the roof. Alternatively, build a basement with one of the old style exterior doors, and make it a ramp. Park trailer under house.

Also... Move!

pilotbraden
pilotbraden HalfDork
9/29/11 9:54 a.m.

Dig a hole in the yard that you can park the trailer in and then park your tow vehicle on the trailer. If this was at the end of the driveway it would be like an extended parking area. Put some shrubbery around it and all will be well.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
9/29/11 9:54 a.m.
coolusername wrote: car trailers are not allowed in my subdivision, i cannot get it behind my house or in the garage, anybody got any advice..........camo tarp, invisable paint, etc....it is a 20' flatbed "RED"...........

flatbeds aren't very tall. can't get it into the back yard, but will it fit under your front deck? my brother hides all kinds of stuff under his deck. with a decent-looking lattice that's easily removable (hangs on small hooks at the top and has some small magnets to hold it from blowing around in the breeze), it's a great way to go.

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
9/29/11 9:55 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Paint it black, but some sponsor stickers on it, and put a big number 3 on it. Alabama camo.

And that, folks, is our Post of the Week!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
9/29/11 9:56 a.m.

I call my trailer "The Enabler" and would be lost without it, but would you consider selling the trailer and renting one as needed?

Conquest351
Conquest351 Reader
9/29/11 9:57 a.m.
coolusername wrote: yeah iam on 280 south of the ham. (this trailer is brand new).

I'm from Calera and have family in Pelham and around Alabaster still I think. I haven't been there in so long I don't really remember where 280 is. LOL

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
9/29/11 10:22 a.m.

I see you have Jasper as your location, so I guess that is your former location as Jasper is not south of Bham. Back in the 80s I used to store my ag equipment with a farmer in Montgomery. He told me his wife was from Jasper. The stuff he would say about people from Jasper wasn't too flattering. I traveled all over AL, but never made it to Jasper. I was surprised that anywhere in AL would ban trailers from a subdivision, but I guess nothing should surprise me any more.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
9/29/11 10:48 a.m.
coolusername wrote: yeah imagine that Alabama, not trailers, boats, camper, bbq grills, no car restoration or mechnical work, you can only repair the car enought to make it driveable to a dealer..........yeah there is storage nearby 40 bucks a month.......i know i would get some funny replys keep them coming, j

I can live without a boat or a trailer, but no BBQ GRILLS?! I can't imagine moving there.

bluej
bluej Dork
9/29/11 10:53 a.m.
coolusername wrote: you aint missin nothin, i just moved, cost 60 bucks a day to rent a trailer, i just ordered this one, guess i will let my hedges grow up and see who bitchs, i know this would stir up some funny stuff.

this isn't a bad idea. grow bushes to head height, in a "U", w/ a nice gate on the front.

Toyman01
Toyman01 SuperDork
9/29/11 11:23 a.m.

Put a rail around it and call it a deck.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
9/29/11 11:26 a.m.

Call it a religious requirement and force them to oppress your religious rights.

tuna55
tuna55 SuperDork
9/29/11 11:29 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:
coolusername wrote: yeah imagine that Alabama, not trailers, boats, camper, bbq grills, no car restoration or mechnical work, you can only repair the car enought to make it driveable to a dealer..........yeah there is storage nearby 40 bucks a month.......i know i would get some funny replys keep them coming, j
I can live without a boat or a trailer, but no BBQ GRILLS?! I can't imagine moving there.

No kidding, I grill out 2-3x per week min.

Jake
Jake HalfDork
9/29/11 11:30 a.m.

Heh. Why the downgrade to living on 280 from Jasper? :p

No actual content to add except “hi neighbor”- I live up in Hayden and park my little utility trailer in the side yard, nobody says a thing. Then again, my neighbors across the street don't cut their grass and keep about 14 dogs behind their house...

$40 for avoiding the HOA hassle is probably worth it.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/29/11 11:41 a.m.

Park it in the front yard, cover it in flowers. Ta-da! A planter! Tell them the wheels are to make it easier to move it around to get the best sun.

failboat
failboat HalfDork
9/29/11 11:46 a.m.

what about boat trailers, are they allowed?

strap an inflatable boat to it when not in use.

PHeller
PHeller Dork
9/29/11 11:52 a.m.

Does your HOA have a Board of Directors?

ArthurDent
ArthurDent Reader
9/29/11 12:06 p.m.

Could you remove the wheels when you don't need it, flip it on its side and call it a fence?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5MEQGjZ32JHrnM4gCCriiCsWZrNd3zAsPofFUCEgQtyjei2P3H4h8XK5CzpDI6CB