Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/4/14 12:38 p.m.

Let's say I was looking for gloves that would provide protection from punctures/cuts while still providing flexibility/grip...where would I look? Something police use for searching? Chefs gloves? Fish handling gloves? Any recommendations? I'm sure the product I'm looking for is already out there, I just want to rebrand it and sell it for a certain purpose.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
4/4/14 12:40 p.m.

I'd rather just avoid places that were wet and full of snakes.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
4/4/14 12:41 p.m.

Yeah, the mate on one of our fishing trips was all about these gloves he had. He was reaching into sharks' mouths and stuff, so I guess they were pretty good. Can't say I remember anything else about them, but I'd be looking at gloves sold to the fishing industry.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/4/14 12:51 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: Yeah, the mate on one of our fishing trips was all about these gloves he had. He was reaching into sharks' mouths and stuff, so I guess they were pretty good. Can't say I remember anything else about them, but I'd be looking at gloves sold to the fishing industry.

You remember what color they were? I just bought some off amazon as a test.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
4/4/14 12:52 p.m.

Elk skin. Layers of elk skin.

Police search gloves are very thin usually. Maybe a kevlar front to protect from small razors, but soft back to feel though. Not waterproof at all.

A snake bite means extremely thick and tough.

Pick an end of the spectrum.

nocones
nocones SuperDork
4/4/14 12:56 p.m.

LOL Wut

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/4/14 12:59 p.m.

$3.71

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
4/4/14 1:00 p.m.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
4/4/14 1:09 p.m.

What kind of snakes? Shark teeth aren't as hypodermic-like as viper fangs. Chain mail and mesh gloves that will blunt penetration by knives and large teeth can still let the fangs through the gaps.

Jarod
Jarod Reader
4/4/14 1:20 p.m.
Wally wrote: I'd rather just avoid places that were wet and full of snakes.

Best plan ever.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
4/4/14 2:02 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote:

My mother promised me that this exact thing would NEVER happen!!!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/4/14 2:16 p.m.

I'd wear some latex surgical gloves under these.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/4/14 2:23 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Elk skin. Layers of elk skin. Police search gloves are very thin usually. Maybe a kevlar front to protect from small razors, but soft back to feel though. Not waterproof at all. A snake bite means extremely thick and tough. Pick an end of the spectrum.

Won't work, needs to be more flexible and dry quicker.

Gasoline wrote: $3.71

Nope nope nope. I need to be able to handle things.

Apexcarver wrote:

Eff that.

slantvaliant wrote: What kind of snakes? Shark teeth aren't as hypodermic-like as viper fangs. Chain mail and mesh gloves that will blunt penetration by knives and large teeth can still let the fangs through the gaps.

I don't want to say exactly what I'm trying to pick up yet because I think this could be a business idea. The teeth are probably not as hypodermic needle like as a snake but definitely sharper than a shark. Maybe slightly sharper than a barracuda?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
4/4/14 3:10 p.m.

Kevlar slaughter house type gloves maybe?

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Dork
4/4/14 3:20 p.m.

I've got a pair of neoprene search gloves that are supposed to be waterproof and puncture resistant. Never tested them thoroughly in either capacity, but they've kept my hands warm and dry even after hours of snow removal.

I'll try and get you a model number this weekend. They're made by Hatch, I think.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/4/14 3:39 p.m.
Enyar wrote: Let's say I was looking for gloves that would provide protection from punctures/cuts while still providing flexibility/grip...where would I look?

New Zealand.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/4/14 4:39 p.m.

Pssshhhhh. Send Mrs. Enyar.

Watsaproblem?

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
4/4/14 6:01 p.m.

Aha!!! it's the Moray Eel Glove?, No Sir! I will not be buying one.

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
4/4/14 6:12 p.m.
Gasoline wrote: Aha!!! it's the Moray Eel Glove?, No Sir! I will not be buying one.

What the heck man!

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/4/14 9:36 p.m.

Something with Kevlar, and depending on how needle like it is, that would still be an issue.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ESo46RojqaiLHwNEcmznVj1WdIqO6iJmwRiKCJRA85rS0fQvp2v471m27u2Z3cgP