1 2
Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
1/12/12 10:40 a.m.

GRM'ers, please meet Javelin Jr:

Leela Olivia 1/8/2012 5 Lbs 7 Oz

Just brought her home yesterday (boy was that the most stressful 50 miles of my life!). She loved the car ride. I'm super proud and absolutely exhausted.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
1/12/12 10:45 a.m.

Congrats!
Good to see 2 eyes on a girl named Leela

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
1/12/12 10:45 a.m.

Hooray!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
1/12/12 10:46 a.m.

Awesome! There is nothing better that you can be than the father of a daughter.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 SuperDork
1/12/12 10:47 a.m.

As I recall, I took many a car ride to nowhere simply because babies like to sleep in the car. It made perfect sense at the time.

DrBoost
DrBoost SuperDork
1/12/12 10:52 a.m.

Sweet. Congrats man!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
1/12/12 10:55 a.m.

Congrats, it will be a fun but VERY exhausting ride. The best advice I can give is to spend time with her and have fun.

GrantMLS
GrantMLS Reader
1/12/12 10:58 a.m.

congrats! its a VERY VERY exhausting ride but very fun!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/12/12 10:58 a.m.

Awesome but wouldnt a smaller AMC be called AMX?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
1/12/12 11:00 a.m.

Congrats. So she's rear wheel drive?

ransom
ransom Dork
1/12/12 11:11 a.m.

Congrats! Cute as a button, and looking at the expression in the second pic, pretty intense

Then again, getting born would shake anybody up a bit...

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
1/12/12 11:17 a.m.
oldtin wrote: Congrats! Good to see 2 eyes on a girl named Leela

LOL! My sister is the only person in my entire family to figure out the name yet. We like it because we are both nerds and love science, sci-fi, etc. We also had a cat named Nibbler and a current one named Lrrr. It was a "normal" enough name to be clever.

I almost died of laughter when the first doctor to check on us was Dr, Fuchs from Germany (we hadn't totally decided a middle name yet, and my choice was Carrera).

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
1/12/12 11:26 a.m.

Congrats!! Get a good mental picture of what your life was like just a few days ago, or a few weeks ago. It will never be the same...and I mean that in the best way possible (and yes, it has its' rough moments too).

Don't forget to take good care of Mom!

Duke
Duke SuperDork
1/12/12 11:29 a.m.

Congratulations to everybody involved! She's a cutie.

If this is your first baby, remember this: people successfully raised children in caves with nothing to work with. She will NOT die from crying for 20 minutes or having a fever of 100. Both are situations you should look into, of course, but babies are not generally the delicate, fragile things that your instincts will be telling you they are.

Have fun! And in 16 years, take her autocrossing.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
1/12/12 11:36 a.m.

Needs moar Simpson baby seat.

Congrats, dude.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/12/12 11:43 a.m.

Congrats! Prepare for many a sleepless night, and know that it's perfectly normal to at some point want to throw the baby out the window.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend never posting up a full name and birthdate - it's becoming more and more common for people to find that info and use it for identity theft uses. While I understand wanting to share, it's one thing you have to be cautious about it in the internet age.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
1/12/12 11:50 a.m.

Congrads!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
1/12/12 12:05 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Needs moar Simpson baby seat. Congrats, dude.

Agreed. Congrats! Her first letters better be A, M, and C.

pigeon
pigeon SuperDork
1/12/12 12:06 p.m.

Congrats! Such a cutie. I LOL'd at the two eyes comment. Enjoy her while she's young, my daughter just turned 14 last week and I vividly remember when she was a newborn. Seems like it was yesterday. And plus one on taking care of mamma too, she's just been through a lot and post-partum depression is a real issue for many moms.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
1/12/12 12:09 p.m.

Too cute. I'd like to know what you said to her in that bottom pic, lol!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
1/12/12 12:31 p.m.

Conga rats!

Volksrodden
Volksrodden Dork
1/12/12 12:46 p.m.

congrats, its also nice when they enjoy doing donuts, while on the way to get donuts..traditions are a great thing.

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Dork
1/12/12 12:46 p.m.

Congratulations! Be prepared, the exhaustion won't go awhile for at least a month (mostly because you won't be sleeping much!). It's a crazy trip.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
1/12/12 12:49 p.m.

You are now playing Defense.

stroker
stroker HalfDork
1/12/12 12:55 p.m.

Enjoy the ride. You'll probably end up wanting to do it again.

Besides we need all the contributors to Social Security we can get!

:)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sjkqT7q7oxOCrmYql80zjUI1auG5ka3INZHM04XlqNThk6UqTDu1oM3k22GQv57p