pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/9/19 2:20 p.m.

The Jeremy Renner Store

That's right, you can now buy archery and other outdoorsy stuff recommended by the guy who played Hawkeye himself. 

And if that's not your speed, check out their other celebrity stores.  I am waiting for the Randy Pobst, Tom OGorman, and Tim Suddard stores to open. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/9/19 2:58 p.m.

I saw that on Amz and whilst I felt I might've been unfair I completely avoided clicking on it like the plague.

Is Renner known as an outdoorsdy guy or is this linked to a character he plays?

If the latter then society has taken another step back.  Again.  indecision

joey48442
joey48442 PowerDork
9/9/19 3:17 p.m.

But do we actually believe anyone pushing a product... at all?  

(I’ll use Michael Jordan as I don’t realy know much sports dudes) but do you actually believe him when he says “buy some damn nikes!”  (I don’t know if he said that but just imagine for a minute) because I’m pretty sure he would have been just as awesome with Reebok’s, or fila or Rawlings or whatever brand of shoe, Nike just paid him the best for an endorsement!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/19 3:23 p.m.

There was a recent story where a (somewhat drunk) pro basketball player was interviewed and he mentioned how the shoes he pushed where so bad, he had to change shoes each quarter because they would come apart.

Lonzo Ball Says His Big Baller Brand Basketball Shoes Were Flimsy Pieces Of Crap

In news that will come as no sort of shock to anyone whose admiration of the Ball family does not rise to the level of actual cartoon swirly eyes, the wildly expensive ZO2 shoes that were the foundation of the failed Big Baller Brand apparel line were apparently utter piles of E36 M3, totally unsuited to the job of holding up for more than a few minutes of intense basketball action...

... Despite being designed for his feet, and despite costing more at retail than virtually all other basketball shoes, Lonzo says his ZO2s were so flimsy that they would tear apart after just one quarter of play, requiring that he bring at least four pairs to every game...

Floating Doc
Floating Doc SuperDork
9/9/19 3:27 p.m.

I'm reminded of celebrity chefs pushing dog food.

And of course, the fact that a lot of the boutique brands of dog food that had to been pushing "grain-free" as a marketing tool (no nutritional benefits) are now being associated with heart failure.

This graph is copied from the FDA website.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
9/9/19 3:42 p.m.

My wife saw the Jeremy Renner store on Amazon and we were talking about it the other day. We share a Prime account, and I've not had any celebrity stores pop up when I go to Amazon yet.

I clicked on the link. I'm not familiar with a lot of the products there, but I own two of the Penn Battle II combos. They're good- but the Amazon store wants about $20 more than I can pick them up for locally.

I wonder how many other products cost a bit more because of the celebrity tie in?

slefain
slefain PowerDork
9/9/19 3:58 p.m.

I'm waiting for his line of pasta

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/9/19 4:01 p.m.

If Jeremy Renner thinks he can sing, why wouldn't he be willing to shill for archery supplies?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/9/19 9:04 p.m.

It worked for George Foreman. 

Adelphie2
Adelphie2 New Reader
9/9/19 9:23 p.m.

Archery is a kind of art which I would like to learn from my boyhood. Looking for a good guidelines which can help me to achieve this. Is there any legtimate way to do that?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/9/19 11:04 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Scarlett Johannson also thinks she can sing.  I'm not gonna wait on the lingerie line either.  laugh

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy Reader
9/10/19 8:10 a.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

Idk, that song my daughter wants to hear all the time from Sing that Scarlett does is kinda catchy.

Or maybe it's just Stockholm.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/10/19 8:25 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to Duke :

Scarlett Johannson also thinks she can sing.

That's disappointing.  I used to like Jeremy Renner, too.

Maybe not in the way I like Scarlett Johansson.

Adelphie2
Adelphie2 New Reader
9/10/19 8:52 a.m.

In reply to FuzzWuzzy :

You can download this song on your mobile and whenever your daughter want to listen just play. LOL!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
upTeKySjJswjMSTocT5ZWi9CAEnRI8xFtBFgsTQqjGU0YI7ISwimiS82lPLaxtiW