Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
3/12/13 1:29 p.m.

Real? Probably not. Funny? Absolutely

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/12/13 1:29 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: "I'm going to berkeleying kill you" LOL

That was pretty damn funny. I'm sure the video off Carl Edwards driving the SHO engineers around has been seen by most. If not, look it up.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Dork
3/12/13 7:55 p.m.

Seemed a little staged, but funny none the less.

Will
Will Dork
3/12/13 8:06 p.m.

Not as good as the Pepsi Uncle Drew commercials.

Uncle Drew

Uncle Drew 2

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/12/13 8:07 p.m.

Staged, absolutely, but I don't think the salesman knew.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/12/13 8:15 p.m.

Not like Gordon hasn't been in something similar before. Well, just in the other seat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxrKjoTZAOs

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
3/12/13 8:43 p.m.

My daughter did something like that but not near that much hooning. A salesman let her test drive a 350Z w/him in the passenger seat. He came back a little pale. I asked him if she tested the cornering ability of the car. He just stared back at me and nodded. I laughed and mentioned that she drives race cars regularly on a track and was looking for a dd/autocross car. He felt a little better after that. We didn't buy the 350Z but did buy an RX8 from him.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
3/12/13 11:11 p.m.

ahh, yes.. the ultra rare '09 Camaro that dies when you put it in Drive too hard..

Jeffy should have just skipped the disguise and said he was Brad Paisley..

Enyar
Enyar Reader
3/13/13 8:39 a.m.
Will wrote: Not as good as the Pepsi Uncle Drew commercials. Uncle Drew Uncle Drew 2

That was awesome!

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
3/13/13 8:59 a.m.
Will wrote: Not as good as the Pepsi Uncle Drew commercials. Uncle Drew Uncle Drew 2

lmao.

"all this rappity hippity hop"

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
3/13/13 9:04 a.m.

too fake

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
3/13/13 9:25 a.m.

And cue Waylon Jennings: "Now that thing looks phony as a three dollar bill" (Dukes of Hazzard reference)

Still funny, though.

whenry
whenry HalfDork
3/13/13 12:45 p.m.

It all may have been staged, edited and whatever else but I am quite sure that the saleman wasnt in on the joke. No one could fake those looks, comments and screams

mtn
mtn PowerDork
3/13/13 12:52 p.m.
whenry wrote: It all may have been staged, edited and whatever else but I am quite sure that the saleman wasnt in on the joke. No one could fake those looks, comments and screams

I agree with you, but just to play devils advocate, have you ever taken a rider along for their first ride in autocross?

bgkast
bgkast Reader
3/13/13 2:31 p.m.
some guy said: Danica Patrick tried this, but she crashed 19 times

Best youtube comment ever

Also Me thinks that is not a stock cup-holder.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
3/13/13 2:39 p.m.

I wanna see video of that car salesman next time some other Mr. Milquetoast shows up on the lot, heh...straight to the minivans for you!

Mmadness
Mmadness New Reader
3/13/13 5:03 p.m.

This ultra rare 2009 Camaro V6 with a V8 soundtrack also came with an ultra rare navigation system and an ultra rare cup holder mounted on the dash vent in addition to the 2013 Camaro steering wheel and wheels (the ones with the tires on them) which were also ultra rare option on the already ultra rare 2009 Chevy Camaro. This parking spot blessed with holding this ultra rare Camaro was already scorched with tire marks before Jeff Gordon "left his mark".

rainydave
rainydave Reader
3/13/13 6:20 p.m.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/13/13 7:38 p.m.
mtn wrote:
whenry wrote: It all may have been staged, edited and whatever else but I am quite sure that the saleman wasnt in on the joke. No one could fake those looks, comments and screams
I agree with you, but just to play devils advocate, have you ever taken a rider along for their first ride in autocross?

Yeah, even if he was in on it, he might not have known just how crazy it was going to get--although he didn't slip up and say "Jeff" at any point.

There was genuine terror on his face.

Normally, I hate humor at the expense of others and there was a real risk of giving that dude a heart attack. That said, still funny.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
3/13/13 8:27 p.m.
xflowgolf wrote:
lmao. "all this rappity hippity hop"

I don't care if all 3 commercials are fake- they are funny. Very, very funny.

Jeff looked like he was having fun, and the Uncle Drew movies are awesome.

Wonder what is next?

racerfink
racerfink SuperDork
3/14/13 2:44 a.m.

The car is a stick, not an auto. And something a few have alluded to, but not outright said... There is no such thing as an '09 Camaro.

And do you notice they never show Jeff driving the car with the salesman AFTER the opening few seconds? Totally staged.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/14/13 5:43 a.m.

Why is staged a bad thing?

It's funny. You guys have a problem with funny?

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
3/14/13 6:01 a.m.
racerfink wrote: The car is a stick, not an auto. And something a few have alluded to, but not outright said... There is no such thing as an '09 Camaro. And do you notice they never show Jeff driving the car with the salesman AFTER the opening few seconds? Totally staged.

you can plainly see the automatic shifter in at least one shot..

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sAOpdyQkdhrx5lVE3BjDIYaYu6xYhXnRJeSXEPUI2OXPo489r58oh2GrUaSFtNbU