G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man UltraDork
6/18/19 9:59 a.m.

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility. 

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English". 

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter. 

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. 

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. 

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away. 

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". 

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl. 

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru. 

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
6/28/19 9:13 a.m.

Might be a repeat. 

An Argentinian, an Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, an Aussie, a Latvian, a Turk, a German, an Indian, several Americans (including a southerner [but certainly not a redneck!], a New Englander, and a Californian, an Argentinian, a Dane, an Australian, a Slovakian, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Moroccan, a Frenchman, a New Zealander, a Spaniard, a Russian, a Guatemalan, a Colombian, a Pakistani, a Malaysian, a Croatian, a Uzbek, a Cypriot, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Chinese, a Sri Lankan, a Lebanese, a Cayman Islander, a Ugandan, a Vietnamese, a Korean, a Uraguayan, a Czech, an Icelander, a Mexican, a Finn, a Honduran, a Panamanian, an Andorran, an Israeli, a Venezuelan, a Fijian, a Peruvian, an Estonian, a Brazilian, a Portuguese, a Liechtensteiner, a Mongolian, a Hungarian, a Canadian, a Moldovan, a Haitian, a Norfolk Islander, a Macedonian, a Bolivian, a Cook Islander, a Tajikistani, a Samoan, an Armenian, a Aruban, an Albanian, a Greenlander, a Micronesian, a Virgin Islander, a Georgian, a Bahamanian, a Belarusian, a Cuban, a Tongan, a Cambodian, a Qatari, an Azerbaijani, a Romanian, a Chilean, a Kyrgyzstani, a Jamaican, a Filipino, a Ukrainian, a Dutchman, a Taiwanese, an Ecuadorian, a Costa Rican, a Swede, a Bulgarian, a Serb, a Swiss, a Greek, a Belgian, a Singaporean, an Italian, a Norwegian and an African walk into a fine restaurant.
"I'm sorry," said the snooty maître d', "but you can't come in here without a Thai."

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/28/19 10:34 a.m.

"We all know that Rodeo is the act of sitting on an animal that doesn't want to be sat on" - Q of Impractical Jokers

Wally
Wally MegaDork
6/29/19 8:23 p.m.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
6/30/19 9:07 p.m.
Wally said:

AMEN BRO!!!!

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/1/19 7:34 a.m.

The train was packed, and an American GI walked the entire length of it looking for a seat, but a well-dressed, middle-aged, French woman's poodle took the only seat remaining. 

The war-weary GI asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"The French woman just sniffed and said to no one in particular, "Americans are so rude. My little Fifi is using that seat." 

The American walked the entire train again, but the only seat left was the one the dog was in."Please, ma'am. May I sit down? I'm very tired."She snorted, "Not only are you Americans rude, you are also arrogant!" 

The next time the GI didn't say a word; he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window, and sat down. 

The woman shrieked, "How awful!! Someone must defend my honor! Put this American In his place!" 

An English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up, "Sir, you Americans seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You hold the fork in the wrong hand, you drive your vehicles on the wrong side of the road. And now, Sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/2/19 8:12 a.m.

A rabbit broke out of the laboratory where he had been born and raised. As he scurried away, he felt grass under his little feet and saw the dawn breaking, for the first time in his life. "Wow," he thought. "This is great." It wasn't long before he came to a hedge. After squeezing under it, he saw a wonderful sight -- lots of other bunny rabbits, all free and nibbling at the lush grass. 

"Hey," he called. "I'm a rabbit from the laboratory and I've just escaped. Are you wild rabbits?" "Yes, come and join us," they cried. Our friend hopped over to them and started eating the grass. It tasted so good. "What else do you wild rabbits do?", he asked. "Well," one of them said. "You see that field there? It's got lettuce and carrots growing in it. We dig them up and eat them." 

This he couldn't resist and he spent the next hour eating the most succulent lettuce and carrots. They were wonderful. Later, he asked them again, "What else do you do?" One of the other rabbits came a bit closer to him and spoke softly. "There's one other thing you must try. You see those rabbits there," he said, pointing to the far corner of the field. "They're girls. We have fun with them. Go and try it." 

Well, our friend spent the rest of the morning at this until, completely exhausted, he staggered back over to the guys. 

"That was fantastic," he panted. "So are you going to live with us then?", one of them asked. "I'm sorry, I had a great time, but I can't." The wild rabbits all stared at him, a bit surprised. "Why? We thought you liked it here." 

"I do," our friend replied. "But I must get back to the laboratory. I'm dying for a cigarette."

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/2/19 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

HA! Nice one.

JakeOG
JakeOG New Reader
7/7/19 6:16 p.m.

From my young son:

I was praying for a bicycle and someone said, "That is not how prayer works."  So I stole an bicycle and prayed for forgiveness.

A tree house is the biggest insult to trees.  Its like saying "I killed your friend, now hold him for me."

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
7/7/19 10:39 p.m.

So now, in the USA, we have both Soccer and men's soccer. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
7/8/19 4:23 p.m.
jharry3 said:

So in the late 1800's an Englishman was visiting his American cousin. 

They were riding in a horse drawn carriage down a typical dirt country road.

They came to a fork in the road with a blacksmith's shop right at the fork.  

A sign with an arrow said "This way to Knoxville, if you can't read ask the blacksmith".

They continued down the road for a while and suddenly the Englishman just started laughing. 

He asks his cousin "I say old chap, what if the blacksmith isn't home?"

Huh? Inhave NO IDEA if this is actually a joke 

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
7/8/19 11:25 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Glad I'm not the only one that sees no humor in it. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/9/19 8:05 a.m.

I walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked me what I had. I said: 'Shingles.' So she wrote down my name, address, medical insurance number and told me to have a seat.
Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out and asked me what I had.
I said, 'Shingles' So she wrote down my height, weight, a complete medical history and told me to wait in the examining room.
A half hour later a nurse came in and asked me what I had. I said, 'Shingles...'
So the nurse gave me a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told me to take off all my clothes and wait for the doctor.
An hour later the doctor came in and found me sitting patiently in the nude and asked me what I had.
I said, 'Shingles.' The doctor asked, 'Where?'
I said, 'Outside on the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??'

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/11/19 11:08 a.m.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
7/11/19 11:56 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

"if you can't read" then you'd have no idea to ask the blacksmith because you can't read the sign.  I think the joke is that the Englishman completely misses the contradiction.  :)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/16/19 3:23 p.m.

A first-grade teacher, Ms Brooks, was having trouble with one of her more precocious students. The teacher asked, 'Harry, what exactly is your problem?’

Harry answered, 'I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the 3rd grade and I’m smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd grade too!'

Ms. Brooks finally had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained the situation to the principal. The principal told Ms. Brooks to bring the boy in and he would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he happily agreed to take the test.

Principal: 'What is 3 x 3?'

Harry: '9..'

Principal: 'What is 6 x 6?'

Harry: '36.'

And so it went with every question the principal thought a bright 3rd grader should know; math, history, English, science, etc.

The principal finally looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her, 'You know, I reckon Harry can go to the 3rd grade.'

But Ms. Brooks is still skeptical of the little bugger and says to the principal, 'Not so fast, let me ask him a few questions.'

The principal and Harry both agree.

Ms. Brooks asks, 'What does a cow have four of that I have only two of ?'

Harry, after a moment: 'Legs..'

Ms. Brooks: 'What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?'

The principal wondered why would she ask such a question.

Harry replied: 'Pockets’ to the Principal’s great relief . . .

Ms. Brooks: 'What does a dog do that a man steps into?'

Harry: 'Pants.'

By now, the principal is sitting forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: 'What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting down and a dog does on three legs?'

Harry: 'Shake hands.'

The principal is now trembling with apprehension as Ms. Brooks asks the last question . . .

Ms. Brooks: 'What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'UCK’ and indicates a great deal of heat and excitement?'

Harry: 'Firetruck.'

The principal breaths a huge sigh of relief and tells the teacher, "Put the little E36 M3 in 5th-Grade, I got the last seven questions wrong myself."

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/17/19 2:42 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/18/19 11:14 a.m.

A little rough, but copied and pasted from the email i was sent. In its entirety. Don't let the kids read along. If i need to delete, i will.

What happens when you drink 10 oz of Magnesium Citrate? I'm glad you asked...

12:05 pm: It's time. You shotgun a 10 oz bottle like it's a lukewarm PBR and you don't want to be a Bob Costas in front of your older brother's friends. It's suppose to be grape flavored but it's becoming quite clear that whoever led the R&D team that day has never actually tasted anything grape in their life.

You are already regretting this decision.

12:06 pm: You deep throat a cupcake like you've been saving it for the apocalypse because let's face it...that time is here. It's going to turn to liquid form before it even clears your throat but you don't care. All is right in the world at this moment. Hold on to that. You're about to enter a very dark period in your life.

12:37 pm: First sign of life. The pressure is growing. You already have 5 lbs of impacted E36 M3 in your colon and you basically just drank the "safe for humans" version of Drano. You feel a poop coming on finally. You think it's time. You're wrong. You get a little snake turd as a teaser. Take note...this is the last semi-solid thing you will see leaving your body for the next 24 hours.

12:57 pm: That little science experiment you got cooking is about to reach it's boiling point. Your stomach is angry now. It hates you...you can feel it. You have exactly .3 seconds to make it to the nearest toilet but you can't run... NEVER run! You pray to god there is enough elasticity in your butthole to keep the gates closed 5 more steps as you start to preemptively undo your pants to save valuable time. Almost there. 3...2...1...

12:58 pm: Sweet Mary, mother of God...is this real life? Your cheeks barely hit the seat and all hell breaks loose. The E36 M3/ water mixture you've just created comes out with such force that it actually sprays the back of the toilet bowl at a 45 degree angle thus deflecting it in every direction but down. Is that blood? False alarm. That's just the remnants of a cherry pie you ate at Thanksgiving...when you were 5. The smell is horrid...the sound is frightening. You try to clench whats left of your shiny happy person to soften the blow but it's not working. The whole house just heard your liquid E36 M3 fart as it gurgled out of your ass.

1:06 pm- 8:30 pm: Everything's a blur. You have E36 M3 out everything you have ever eaten since the day you were born, everything your ancestors have ever eaten since the early 1800's, and your shiny happy person now feels like you have a flaming hot Cheeto and the tears of a thousand Jalapeno seeds stuck in it. You're now curled up in the bathtub ugly crying because you have to remain within arm's reach of the toilet at all times. You have the poop sweats.

You meet Jesus.

8:37 pm: Your family will never be able to unsee the things they've seen in the last 8 hours. You're broken. Your shiny happy person's broken. Your spirit's broken. Life as you know it will never be the same. But...tomorrow's a new day. You're going to wake up, throw on the only remaining pair of underwear you have that doesn't have a E36 M3 stain on it, and you're going to run up to Target with the last shred of dignity you have left...and buy yourself a new toilet brush. You've earned it.

-unknown

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/23/19 8:57 a.m.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/25/19 9:32 p.m.

Pretty sure this is a repeat. If so, sorry. 

A woman takes a lover home during the day while her husband is at work.

Her 9-year old son comes home unexpectedly, sees them and hides in the bedroom closet to watch.

The woman's husband also comes home. She puts her lover in the closet, not realizing that the little boy is in there already.
The little boy says, "Dark in here."

The man says, "Yes, it is."
Boy - "I have a baseball."
Man - "That's nice."
Boy - "Want to buy it?"
Man - "No, thanks."
Boy - "My dad's outside."
Man - "OK, how much?"
Boy - "$150"
Man - "Sold."

In the next few weeks, it happens again that the boy and the lover are in the closet together.

Boy - "Dark in here."
Man - "Yes, it is."
Boy - "I have a Wilson infielder's glove."
The lover, remembering the last time, asks the boy,"How much?"
Boy - "$350"
Man - "Highway robbery. Sold."

A few days later, the father says to the boy, "Grab your gloves, let's go outside and have a game of catch."

The boy says, "I can't, I sold my ball and my glove."
The father asks, "How much did you sell them for?"
The boy says, "$500"
The father says, "That's terrible to overcharge your friends like that... that is way more than those two things cost.
I'm going to take you to church and make you confess your greed."

They go to the church and the father makes the little boy sit in the confession booth with the Priest  to confess his sins and he closes the door.

The boy says, "Dark in here."
The priest says, "Don't start that crap again, you're in my closet now."

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/27/19 12:03 p.m.

Speaking of Wal-Mart ......

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, like most men; I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter, from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Harris:

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion, in our store.
We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to, ban both of you from the store.

Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money. We don't have a Code 3.

5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.

6. August 14: Moved a, 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.

8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' EMTs were called.

9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while, loudly humming the, 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his, 'Madonna Look' using different sizes of funnels.

13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed;
'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where is the fitting room?

And last, but not least:

16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile; then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the clerks passed out.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/2/19 6:56 a.m.

^^came here to post this. Dang!

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/2/19 10:14 a.m.

Deeply disturbing

Columbia SC- A 7 year old boy was at the center of a court room drama yesterday when he challenged the court’s ruling of who should have custody of him. 

The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and was initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible. 

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beats him more than his parents, and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he should live with his grandparents, the boy cried and then stated they beat him also.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life for them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. 

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the South Carolina Gamecocks whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/2/19 5:05 p.m.

For the engineers in the group. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
8/10/19 8:17 a.m.

Some woman flipped me off and honked in the McDonald’s drive thru because I was taking too long to order. So I paid for her food....

Then when I got to the food window I showed them both receipts and took her food. 

I paid for it. It’s mine. 

Not today, Satan.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zBAIC0xY0sgZkZJnIpcxyDI3xjDAw8I4cgIpCuASVIVmM1w8b35fUGWlnAzwxql2