18 19 20
golfduke
golfduke Dork
9/25/24 12:22 p.m.

I just read all 19 pages of this, and I have to say that you are doing some serious work Jon!!!  Well done on being compassionate and kind and quite the photographer.  I've been toying with the idea of a cat for a while now, but I still am a little bit leery after a pretty traumatic cat experience when I was a child... This thread is not helping my desire to try again, haha.  

Random Question-  Do you know approximately how many cats you've personally rounded up for spay/neuter?  It has to be 20-30+, right?  Amazing work, both for the cats and for your community. 

AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD-Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/26/24 1:47 p.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Thanks, things really evolved from early in this thread. I think that I've spayed and neutered 25 cats now. I've found homes for three kittens and adopted four. Feeding the 'Wilds' has become part of my daily routine in the morning and evening every day.

Getting a pet is nothing to rush into, but if it's right for you they can really enrich your life as you do theirs.

9/29/24 8:08 p.m.

While I was at Rallycross today, a former coworker/friend that I don't see much anymore called to see if I had any kittens available.

"No, but there's three young kittens in my area. Do you want one? They're wild animals and will need to be socialized."

He grew up on a farm and said that's exactly what he'd like. I put out the small trap as soon as I got home and left it for 20 minutes.

He's a male and his current name is Theodore. Joe will be picking him up shortly.

Edit: When Joe picked up Theodore,  he said that he'd be happy to take one more. I'll try trapping again tomorrow. I think Sasha still has three little ones.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
9/30/24 12:03 p.m.

He should still be able to tame the kittens at this point. Way to go!

10/4/24 5:13 p.m.

Una attacks my foot.

I bend down and Miso jumps on my back, flexing her claws and gently biting.

It's time for me to learn to clip claws.

10/5/24 10:45 p.m.

When I had Minnie at the vet, I told them that I felt like I had one more (Sasha) and I would be all caught up on spay and neuter with my local cats. Now it feels like I'm falling behind.  At least two cats that I don't know have shown up in the last few days, plus I may be under-counting due to very similar markings. I need to make sure that the vet tattoos the ears of every cat I bring in going forward.

With the remaining little kittens,  I posted this on a Facebook group associated with the local shelter:

18 19 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1wtegujMcAcO96zMpmrp0viHNJCK7ouifUEYqDMxFqal4d7BjCEY4HpWhzC79quk