ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
5/20/08 6:48 p.m.

Whats worse is I was just stressing over it after Snowdoggie's post earlier this week....

At almost 16 years old, she lived a good life. My mother just called me @ work to tell me she had to be put down. I didn't even get to say goodbye :(

Midnight:

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo New Reader
5/20/08 7:40 p.m.

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts.

mtn
mtn HalfDork
5/20/08 8:18 p.m.

I can get through funerals of close relatives without crying, and yet when a dog dies, I tear up. So sorry to hear about the loss.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin Dork
5/20/08 9:37 p.m.
mtn wrote: I can get through funerals of close relatives without crying, and yet when a dog dies, I tear up. So sorry to hear about the loss.

I know what you mean. I have an unused race seat in the corner of my area @ work. After I got the news from my mom, I hung up the phone, sat down in the seat, put my head in my hands, and cried.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x New Reader
5/20/08 10:53 p.m.

:(

mrwillie
mrwillie None
5/20/08 11:54 p.m.

I know what you mean. I felt like I lost my best friend when I had to put my dog to sleep. Took me over a year to get rid of the dog house. I can't see myself buying another one either..at least not now.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/21/08 8:39 a.m.

I know the feeling. Sorry about your loss.

therex
therex New Reader
5/21/08 8:50 a.m.

I feel your loss. In the past 3 months, two of my family's cats fell ill and had to be put down.

At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever have another pet. Maybe a fish or something.

Jack
Jack SuperDork
5/21/08 10:14 a.m.
therex wrote: At this point, I'm not sure if I'll ever have another pet. Maybe a fish or something.

You would be surprised. I owned and bred a pair of Oscars (foot long fish) for many years and when I finally had to sell them, it was almost as bad as when we had to put our 17 year old Dalmation down.

Losing your pets sucks.

jack

BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
5/21/08 10:42 a.m.

Pets are usually better then family.

sorry for your loss.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/21/08 1:02 p.m.

Sorry for your loss. We had to put down Shana, a big ol' sweetie golden retriever several years back and man it hurt.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
5/21/08 2:22 p.m.

My parents had my Cocker Spaniel put down while I was on my honeymoon. And then my sister had to call and leave me a VM to let me know. Needless to say, I was somewhat upset. The only good part was that she at least got to be in some of the wedding pictures. Sorry for your loss.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin
5/21/08 2:33 p.m.

It hurts when that happens. my cat of eight years had some livir problems just as he was getting better he past away, my daughter stil says "Ike is sick" there is'nt a nice way to say to her he is dead. Every one that knew Ike love'd him 29lb's of a dog like cat. He was cool and mellow. Sorry to here her.

Sukerkin
Sukerkin
5/21/08 7:19 p.m.

Losing a pet, particularly a dog, always hurts just the same as losing a human friend. My sympathies [b]Darwin[/b].

At least I got to hold my Border Collie as she passed and broke my heart right then and there (tearing up now as I remember :o). Oddly, tho' it was horrible at the time, burying her myself did help in the grieving process.

grafmiata
grafmiata New Reader
5/21/08 8:31 p.m.
ProDarwin wrote: Whats worse is I was just stressing over it after Snowdoggie's post earlier this week.... At almost 16 years old, she lived a good life. My mother just called me @ work to tell me she had to be put down. I didn't even get to say goodbye :(

Sorry for your loss... Losing a beloved pet is one of the worst things to go through.

Every time I've gone thru this, I tell myself I'm done with cats... It is just too hard to let go after all the years of unconditional love and devotion that a dog or cat gives you.

But each time, within a couple weeks a stray kitten will show up in my yard. Next thing I know, it has adopted me, and I spend the next 15-or-so years being its personal servant...

I wouldn't want it any other way.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CinbW43ZGnIUnTun6GNDn3LhktA6YkonEw7uB53h2ipqf9FxtutoqTI3DaHduVNZ