Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/15/23 10:38 a.m.

If so, it'd still be a long shot, but there's an auction house in town with a good bit of BG chassis rarities for sale with regards to parts. The person in charge of their shipping is on holiday until the first week of October and there's about a pallet worth of goods that I'd like to purchase and have shipped stateside. I'd be willing to make it worth your efforts. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/15/23 10:54 a.m.

I don't have any connections in that part of the world, but I can at least give your post a bump.

Best of luck.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/15/23 10:55 a.m.

I may have contacts in Brisbane and could act as an intermediary if they're agreeable to such a thing.  But it's probably a bit too far from Adelaide to put hands or eyes on anything.  What are you needing them to do?

9/15/23 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I would need them to pick up items likely on Tuesday that I purchase from the auction. And then at that point and there'd be no hurry on this side of things, I would need the purchased items packaged on a pallet and shipped stateside. Obviously I would compensate them for their efforts. The heavy things won't be that large, and the large things won't be that heavy. But together they definitely make for a pallet being needed between the lots that I would be hopeful to purchase.

9/15/23 11:07 a.m.
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
9/15/23 11:17 a.m.

Daeman is the only Aussie I can remember from the NYG but I think he's in Sydney area so even further away from Adelaide than Bill's contacts.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/15/23 12:36 p.m.

oof brutal.   He's not on social media, so I wont be able to get ahold of him until Monday.  I'll ask if he knows anyone sympathetic to the cause in the area.  I'll offer to act as insurance wink

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/15/23 1:13 p.m.

I can't find the contact but the Pirtek in Adelaide was helpful selling me parts.  

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
9/15/23 1:27 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I'm up for a trip if you're paying expenses. 

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
9/15/23 1:29 p.m.

Scammells sounds legit.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
9/15/23 2:16 p.m.

Hmm if you don't find a contact, I have a lot of those same parts sitting here. The seats would probably need a thorough cleaning, but lights and dashes and who knows whatall else are just sitting here and I'm , like, stateside...

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
9/15/23 2:48 p.m.

Do you have a Company FedEx account ?

We have shipped  a heavy machine thru FedEx and they shipped it by sea freight.

Not a  bad price with the Company discount rates !

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
9/15/23 3:31 p.m.

Have you tried calling the auction house? They may be willing to ship the items for a fee. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones UltraDork
9/15/23 4:02 p.m.
Toyman! said:

Have you tried calling the auction house? They may be willing to ship the items for a fee. 

I assume that is how he knows the shipping person is on Holiday

But that's just me.

Rons
Rons Dork
9/15/23 6:20 p.m.

User daeman and user 2girlsracing(Steffi) are both in Austrailia neither close to Adelaidebut may know someone who know"s someone.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
9/15/23 6:54 p.m.

You could try asking on the Mighty Car Mods Facebook Community.   

They are very AUS centric and would probably love to help with anything involving a car that could be considered a nugget.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kppOs6QfFNYOVtCjwoIYdifIe72P4hA64VQ8qaqA86H06V8RLJ8ojV2Lz0fZMfw1