1 2
SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/9/24 7:54 a.m.

How many bottles of misc hair care and body wash products are in your shower?

I live in a house with 2 women and only 1 bath.  There are 28 bottles of various lotions and potions in the shower.  One of them is mine.

There are an additional 14 bottles on a small table outside the bath, and 29 more on various horizontal surfaces and window ledges in the bath. This is NOT makeup. It's hair care, body wash, and lotions. That's all.

71 bottles I can reach almost without leaving the crapper.  1 of them is mine.

There REALLY are some things in this world that I have no understanding of whatsoever! 🤣🤪🤣

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
4/9/24 8:01 a.m.

I'm a single guy of a respectable age and I think, from memory, there are six bottles of the kinds of products you're speaking of in my shower.  I may be living a more fancy lifestyle than I realized.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
4/9/24 8:04 a.m.

My shower contains 2 bottles, different colors/scents of axe body/hair/skin/lube/fryer oil/engine coolant/diff fluid. The girls shower, 3 girls 8,16,34, has 7 bottles, they share a body wash, but each have their own conditioner and shampoo.

I think your girls may have an obsession.

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
4/9/24 8:18 a.m.

In life there are some questions where there is no benefit in knowing vs not knowing.  For this reason; i don't ask why she has 4 kinds of lotions, she doesn't ask why I need another power tool...  

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/9/24 8:29 a.m.

My wife has almost as many bottles as I have tools. 

I keep my mouth shut. Her bottles are probably a good bit cheaper. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
4/9/24 8:32 a.m.

If I didn't think I'd end up thrown in marital prisonif I got caught, I'd take a picture of our master bathroom shower and her side of the vanity.  But for simplicity's sake, I'm just gonna answer-  close to infinity. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/9/24 8:35 a.m.

I have- a bar of soap, a hair soap, and a conditioner. (I have long hair. It's HELL if you don't use conditioner and good shampoo)

She has....At least 3 hair soaps, 3 hair conditioners god knows how many body soaps, shave stuff......

But I own 17 kinds of salt, none of my cars currently run, and any one of my bicycles is worth more than any one of my cars. If i'm honest, the pile of BMX parts on my coffee table is worth more than any one of my cars. 

Its the trades we make. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
4/9/24 8:40 a.m.

As Frank likes to say, I put this E36 M3 on everything. 

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap.

Shower, shave, wash hands, wash hair. I've brushed my teeth with it while camping, and I've put it in my parts washer. Plus, you always have something to read while in the bathroom. Most of it is mystic hooey, but it's entertaining, and it smells good. 

Bonus: It's the only thing I've found that can remove the smell of a house fire from your skin and hair. 

All-One!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/9/24 8:48 a.m.

I feel like I am doing a good job as a dad that my daughter uses a bar of soap shampoo and conditioner and that's all that's in her shower. My wife on the other hand ...

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
4/9/24 9:23 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

That's a fair perspective. My wife's bottles also don't require a separate building to house them and a separate power service to operate them. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/9/24 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

Wise man. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/9/24 9:29 a.m.

DW has... a lot.  But her skin is clear, smooth, and the softest thing I've ever felt, so I'm not going to argue.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
4/9/24 9:33 a.m.
Toyman! said:

My wife has almost as many bottles as I have tools. 

I keep my mouth shut. Her bottles are probably a good bit cheaper. 

Great point.

How many bottles of armor all, wax, spray wax, black bumper back, windex, tire shine do I have not including my cans of spray paint do I have?  

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
4/9/24 9:35 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Bronner clan here too. I do have separate shave and face soap though, but handwashing, hairwashing, bodywashing all taken care of by Bronner. Maybe there's something to his all-one!

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
4/9/24 9:46 a.m.

This, for everything except the teeth. 

Dial DIA02401 Gold 4 oz. Deodorant Bar Soap - 72/Case

I pretty much despise most perfumes and the oily feeling of many soaps.

I want to be clean, not perfumed and lubricated. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/9/24 10:10 a.m.

I saw a news report recently about how young girls and teens are being influenced by social media to get all different kinds of skin care products when they don't need them and they could actually be harmful, causing allergies or eczema, as well as mental issues and body dysmorphia.  You can find many news stories about it online.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
4/9/24 10:43 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Wife unit has that stuff in the shower, I've never used it but thanks for the tip.

I'll try in next time we get a call.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/9/24 2:04 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

As Frank likes to say, I put this E36 M3 on everything. 

Shower, shave, wash hands, wash hair. I've brushed my teeth with it while camping, and I've put it in my parts washer. Plus, you always have something to read while in the bathroom. Most of it is mystic hooey, but it's entertaining, and it smells good. 

Bonus: It's the only thing I've found that can remove the smell of a house fire from your skin and hair. 

All-One!

Is that the soap that has a long nutjob rant on the label?

I have 1 kind of body soap and 3 hair products, unless I see dandruff flakes I'll probably only use 1 of those hair products though...I do have some extra bottles of body soap lying around because I don't toss them until I've squeezed the last bits out.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/9/24 3:31 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

All-One!

Is that the soap that has a long nutjob rant on the label?

Yes, yes it is.  They make a big line of personal care products, all of which are labeled like that.

I always wanted to see a steel cage grudge match between Dr. Bronner and Gene Ray the Time Cube guy.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard Marketing Coordinator
4/9/24 3:46 p.m.

I have simplified my routine to be mostly liquid-free for travel purposes and plastic-free for environmental purposes. I get by with about 4 different small bars (shampoo, conditioner, face/body soap and shave soap), a small bottle of argan oil, a tub of nighttime retinol cream and a tub of daytime hyaluronic acid gel. Occasionally I'll have to break out a tube of acne spot cream, but for the most part, the above system does everything I need it to. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
4/9/24 3:55 p.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

I don't even think I can pronounce all of those!

But good for you!  From an environmental perspective, the m pretty sure there is enough plastic in my shower to sink 3 mile island. 😂😂

Turbo_Rev
Turbo_Rev Reader
4/9/24 4:12 p.m.

This has replaced everything in my bathroom, except for shampoo:

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/9/24 4:12 p.m.

My shower contains - 1 bottle of shampoo, 1 bar of soap, a washcloth, with me and running water added for about 10 minutes per day...

MiniDave
MiniDave HalfDork
4/9/24 4:18 p.m.

My bride also has a plethora of bottles of "stuff" in her shower (yes we have different bathrooms) and I'm a firm believer in the "don't ask, don't tell" version of marriage. Of course we always talk about major purchases, but other than that it's nunya (bidness)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
4/9/24 4:28 p.m.

1 body wash, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner and one shaving gel. That's it for the wife and I. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nZ66aGvrUVNZlY1pn9Tr5m5qOlW764mGrM9ksFfCDn2I7BRody8oYQZ5iDvXVAwR