Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
11/24/23 6:25 p.m.

So our 7 month old Vizsla puppy was going flat out from wet grass to concrete and lost her footing in the turn and went flying underneath the Gladiator, which is full of pointy things down there. She started yelling and came out on three legs and was scared to death. She would not stand on her right front and had scraped a knee and chest pretty hard so we called the vet and got an emergency appt. 45 min. later. By then she is walking but still favoring it. They need to take an x-ray but she won't hold still so they have to sedate her. We go to lunch to a place that has been a gold standard for years for food and service. The last time we went there it sucked. This time it sucked. We'll find out if they still suck before we go there again.

We go back to the vet and for the low low sum of $887 we are told... they can't find anything wrong.  Dog is blasted from the anesthesia and scared to dickens.  She'll be great fun the next time we go there.

Anyway, we would rather have that outcome than a broken bone or surgery. She was having a ball helping me in the back yard.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
11/24/23 11:26 p.m.

Even though I don't like motorcycles......I sat on one of the new all electric mini bikes by Greenworks and now I want one.

Apparently I'm gonna have a new expensive hobby

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/23 1:57 a.m.

In reply to Antihero :

We were somewhere in Tractor Supply, on the edge of the Isle 3, when the motorcycles began to take hold.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/25/23 8:44 a.m.
Antihero said:

Even though I don't like motorcycles.

I don't know what this means 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/23 9:27 a.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Everybody loves motorcycles.

They just don't know it.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
11/25/23 1:18 p.m.
Peabody said:
Antihero said:

Even though I don't like motorcycles.

I don't know what this means 

Just never cared to get into them, I prefer to sit in a vehicle with my own custom tailored atmosphere rather than on top of the vehicle.

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
11/25/23 3:09 p.m.

Woke up yesterday with canker sores down both sides of my tongue. Never had a single one there before. Really, truly uncomfortable.

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
11/25/23 3:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Peabody :

Everybody loves motorcycles.

They just don't know it.

Motorcycles are the best therapy.  Have you ever seen a motorcycle outside of a psychologist's office?

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
11/25/23 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Scott_H :

Probably see more outside ERs.  Nah, I guess not, once they cause the damage, not many riders can drive them to the ER.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/25/23 3:57 p.m.

In reply to M2Pilot :

Freedom has is price. wink

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
11/25/23 5:01 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

I had seven at one time in my mouth including some really big ones. I couldn't eat for a few days. Alcohol is the answer. Whether you use mouthwash, or do shots of your favourite high proof booze, either one works. Wonders. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
11/25/23 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Some people have good results from swishing saurkraut juice.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
11/25/23 5:40 p.m.

Also.....I shouldn't have looked into Greenworks site or more into electric trail toys 

Do you know they have an electric SxS coming out? Or that they have a go cart already? Or that another company has a Slingshot looking 3 wheeler that'll do 74mph?

I somehow have totally missed this new market segment 

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/26/23 7:51 a.m.

I love visiting my brother and his family. It's great spending time with my nieces.

...but every time we do, we come back with a cold.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
11/26/23 8:58 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

I love visiting my brother and his family. It's great spending time with my nieces.

Right before thanksgiving, My sis went to Minneapolis. She came back just in time for thanksgiving and to give us all a nasty cold none of us easterners have seen before.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
11/26/23 11:18 a.m.
mad_machine said:
Beer Baron said:

Right before thanksgiving, My sis went to Minneapolis. She came back just in time for thanksgiving and to give us all a nasty cold none of us easterners have seen before.

We were asked to Thanksgiving dinner that had 30 relatives. We passed. They are from all over the country. Germworld.

Missed some drama. Someone got called a slut, projectile vomiting from a kid, guests staying until 2:15 am, and the sounds of divorce is in the air...

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/26/23 11:39 a.m.

So my Ranger's rev hang is programed in?! I hate it!

I'm spending a week of vacation to do projects around the GF's house so when the time comes, we can list the house and GTFO.

We started painting the interior today. Guys, how come nobody told me that trying to paint a room with someone who doesn't understand how to paint leads one's self to want to jump in front of a bus?

I'm not a perfectionist but holy hell. At least make sure the section you were working on is complete before jumping to another random part of the room. I'm very methodical to make sure I don't miss an area. My GF is chaotic tornado. I swear, I had to almost repaint the entire room after she finished her side. My eye started twitching after watching her douse the roller in the pan, dribble paint everyyyyywhere and then slop the paint on the wall like a pirate swabbing the deck. My OCD was on fire looking at the missed areas, runs and lines.

Only 5 days left of painting! 6 rooms left! I'm going to need a vacation from my "vacation". 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/26/23 10:30 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Oh yeah...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/27/23 2:08 a.m.

Painting is one of those jobs that seems so easy to do and so expensive to farm out. And yet it is some of the best money I've spent paying somebody else to do it. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
11/27/23 8:10 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

I call October to May at my house "sick season."  Don't come to my house during that time period without expectation of leaving with a cold or a stomach bugs.  Kids are absolute germ factories. 

Scotty Con Queso
11/27/23 8:10 a.m.

I think she painted my last house in Raleigh.  

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
11/27/23 8:35 a.m.

Look on the bright side: At least you're not trying to hang wallpaper together...

Scotty Con Queso
11/27/23 8:44 a.m.

Forgot my rant. 

You'll never find someone more proud of their city than someone from Buffalo New York who doesn't live there anymore.  Bills hats, jerseys, car decals, flags, Facebook profile pictures, etc.  Bonus for the state outline with the heart at Buffalo and/or the "home" decal.  Listen, Kevin.  You left Buffalo to move to Charlotte, NC because Buffalo sucked.  Act like it. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/27/23 8:44 a.m.

One of my working college student gigs was painting apartments for my crazy landlady. I could do a pair of two bedroom apartments and a one bedroom in six hours, just using brushes and rollers. 
What you describe would make me insane. 

My rant: I just changed the oil on the Ralliart wagon, and now it's got a bad leak. It's so frustrating when you do something good, and makes things worse. 

The only good part is that it's coming from the front timing cover and it's already got 55k on the current timing belt. Shouldn't cost too much more to get a front main seal replaced. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OavtUuYsFLDhmsCzl7Iq3DI6SrQnJQ9fRhSx9vyyslpMAXEuN9Yj69lHFEqw3n8k