NASCAR

wae
wae HalfDork
12/2/14 7:23 a.m.

At what?

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
12/2/14 7:42 a.m.

NHRA is a better live show than NASCAR, but I'd rather watch NASCAR on TV than NHRA.

Lof8
Lof8 Reader
12/2/14 7:47 a.m.

I prefer the local roundy-rounds over both. Merica!

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/2/14 8:00 a.m.
Lof8 wrote: I prefer the local roundy-rounds over both. Merica!

This.

We will be at the Chili Bowl next month!

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
12/2/14 8:20 a.m.

That's like asking whether or not people prefer oranges or apples.

BTW, I like apples.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/2/14 8:33 a.m.

They both suck at turning right.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
12/2/14 8:50 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
This. We will be at the Chili Bowl next month!

Went to the Lone Star Speedway Turkey Nationals to watch the stepson race this past weekend. Lotsa noise and dirt a flyin'! 'Murica, indeed. I'm sorry, though, seems many of those classes do about 10 seconds of racing then circle the track for two minutes waiting for a car to be towed off under yellow. Boring. I'm gonna stick to road racing, thank you.

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
12/2/14 8:51 a.m.
CaptianDawg27 wrote: Do yall think nascar or nhra is better?

No, I do not.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
12/2/14 9:25 a.m.
Basil Exposition wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
This. We will be at the Chili Bowl next month!
Went to the Lone Star Speedway Turkey Nationals to watch the stepson race this past weekend. Lotsa noise and dirt a flyin'! 'Murica, indeed. I'm sorry, though, seems many of those classes do about 10 seconds of racing then circle the track for two minutes waiting for a car to be towed off under yellow. Boring. I'm gonna stick to road racing, thank you.

Just depends. I think last year on Tuesday the 25-30 lap A-Main didn't have a caution the entire race.

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
12/2/14 9:38 a.m.

NASCAR is good for taking a nap. Turn on TV, watch start, sleep, wake up and watch last 20 laps.

NHRA is good for reading a book. Turn on TV, read a couple of pages, watch run, read another page or two, watch run, read...

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
12/2/14 11:02 a.m.
CaptianDawg27 wrote: Do yall think nascar or nhra is better?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
12/2/14 12:55 p.m.

Without John Force, NHRA would be absolutely unwatchable. WWF, er...NASCAR is far more "entertaining" these days.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
12/2/14 1:58 p.m.

Not a big fan of it either, but it was interesting to watch a NHRA on Fast N loud, they seemed to speed it up and only show the action.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
12/2/14 2:17 p.m.

NHRA

Wally
Wally MegaDork
12/2/14 3:09 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac:

I want to like midgets but the lack of starters is infuriating. I went to a few races and having to keep push starting the field everytime something happens is painful.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
12/2/14 5:02 p.m.
Woody wrote: They both suck at turning right.

one sucks... the other is downright dangerous

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
12/2/14 5:36 p.m.

I don't think there is anything on the planet much more...visceral, I guess, than being near a nitro car on the drag strip. I've never been to Talledega, but I'd bet sitting down in chicken bone alley would be close. A field of 410 sprint cars is one furious way to spend 20 laps. Standing near the Mulsanne kink provides a guy with some trouser tents too...

A full field of super late models on a third mile paved track, or a 45 minute battle in a couple of really equal IT2 cars is really the best thing ever, viewed from the drivers seat.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
12/2/14 5:54 p.m.

I have a friend who said that standing near the first turn at Daytona and watch the cars come in at near 200 mph is unbelievable.

He races modifieds on a 1/2 mile dirt track.

ncjay
ncjay Dork
12/2/14 6:32 p.m.

Nascar vs NHRA - which is better? That's like asking which is better - beer or sex? There's fun to be had with both, but they are very different. Standing near a 8,000+ hp, nitromethane burning, top fuel dragster while it does a burnout is something everyone should experience. A race at Bristol Motor Speedway is also a one of a kind event. Standing in turn one as 43 cars fly in is pretty dang awesome.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UltraDork
12/3/14 7:53 a.m.
Matt B wrote: That's like asking whether or not people prefer oranges or apples. BTW, I like apples.

Skittles or cupcakes?

Wait.....wrong forum.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
12/3/14 10:55 a.m.
Woody wrote: They both suck at turning right.

Not necessarily

In reply to Streetwiseguy:

Super late's are pretty cool, but I'd add a 50 lap dirt modified feature to that list too.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
12/3/14 10:57 a.m.

In reply to ncjay:

Beer

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
12/3/14 8:00 p.m.

NHRA cars literally rattle your very soul.

nascar is a bag of skittles being flushed down a clogged toilet for three hours.

my favorite stat: lets say you raced one top fuel funny car and one NASCAR in a 1/4 mile race? fair? clearly not. lets remove the NASCARS restrictions to max power. better? nope. ok, fine, let the nescar start one mile BEHIND the start strip, and the funny car wont move till he trips the start lights. the nascar will be doing close to 220MPH, with the funny car at a stand still. fair now? guess what, the funny car still wins. by 300FT. have a great day.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
12/4/14 12:04 a.m.

I've been an NHRA (fuel cars) fan since the early 80's. No other kind of race car blows me away every time I see them like the fuel cars do. Even sitting in the pits there is so much to look at. There is also a certain amount of amusement to be had in watching people stand behind the cars when they are warming up after rebuilds.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
puu2LiHNf7itMcz5hflIEoz8hxBHA1RIBc7yMz3MKAtEaJtpnH0hqKjukoR5Hz0L