1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/13/23 11:20 a.m.

My desk, like my office, has become a colorful mosaic over the years/decades. 

What adds color to yours? 

And, here, I’ll go first with a few items that need to be put away:

I grabbed the Texas Pete hot sauce the other day for my Publix tofu/rice bowl and forgot to use it.

I made the I heart Science pin at the Orlando Science Center during its recent adult night. 

I recently got some new Doc boots, hence the Body glide. (They’re now broken in so I need to return that to my wife.)

Something’s up with the guitar tuner. I broke it out since a friend was visiting to jam and found that its finish has become tacky. 

And, yes, a CF reader. :)

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/13/23 11:25 a.m.

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/13/23 11:26 a.m.

I often have toys left on my desk by my 2-year-old when she stays home with me while I work.

This week, it's a burger. No lettuce, though.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltimaDork
9/13/23 11:28 a.m.

Lots of snacks (not pictured.)  Toys, some motivation via possum

jamesclay
jamesclay New Reader
9/13/23 11:47 a.m.

My Joey Hand SEMA LEGO, VIR track map, valve as a reminder (not mine), amd other assorted things...

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/13/23 11:53 a.m.
jamesclay said:

My Joey Hand SEMA LEGO, VIR track map, valve as a reminder (not mine), amd other assorted things...

That VIR track map is cool, but nowhere near as cool as my mouse pad posted above wink

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/13/23 12:06 p.m.

In reply to jamesclay :

Your Lego Joey Hand is holding your cable!!

Aaron_King
Aaron_King UltimaDork
9/13/23 12:10 p.m.

The only odd thing are the old hard drive spacers, otherwise just a bunch of stuff. 

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
9/13/23 12:30 p.m.

Couple jobs ago had a giant rock "paperweight." 
The server room and electrical closet were between the sole door and me. Only hope were the ground level windows. 

And then I read about the futility of breaking through the plastic inner liner of a commercial ground level window without anything sharp. Had the place not shut down I would have stashed my sawzall in a drawer. 

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
9/13/23 12:33 p.m.

A tacti-cool rubber ducky that a friend gave me, some drawings from the kids, and a hand from one of the show mannequins that I use whenever someone asks me to lend them a hand.  

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
9/13/23 12:44 p.m.

Random unicorn

f1 2023 schedule mug

Wood puzzle

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
9/13/23 1:31 p.m.
Aaron_King said:

The only odd thing are the old hard drive spacers, otherwise just a bunch of stuff. 

I'd like to know about that keyboard.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/13/23 2:16 p.m.
APEowner said:
Aaron_King said:

I'd like to know about that keyboard.

yes...this↑

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
9/13/23 2:28 p.m.

AZIO Retro Classic Bluetooth according to Google image search.

I like it.

Edit: Oops, forgot my pic.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King UltimaDork
9/13/23 2:37 p.m.
Shadeux said:

I like it.

Correct, except its the wired version.  A couple of years ago my oldest and I were at Micro Center after Christmas, he was getting a new mouse if I remember correctly, and I stopped by the Keyboard isle.  Saw that one, thought it looked cool and then I saw the name "Elwood".  Thats my middle name so of course I had to get it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/13/23 4:07 p.m.

I made this a million years ago and hung it in my office to remind me that all of this is not a dream, I wasn't visited by an angel and all of this is real!

Now in my garage.  From the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" if you didn't know.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/13/23 4:24 p.m.

I bought this years ago of Etsy, then found a friend of friend who has a hobby of painting and putting together models. So I had him assemble it, knock off the rough edges and paint. It's all hand-painted, it came in white plastic from being 3D printed. 

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
9/13/23 5:20 p.m.

The rug, like, ties it together, man.

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
9/13/23 6:36 p.m.
Aaron_King said:
Shadeux said:

I like it.

Correct, except its the wired version.  A couple of years ago my oldest and I were at Micro Center after Christmas, he was getting a new mouse if I remember correctly, and I stopped by the Keyboard isle.  Saw that one, thought it looked cool and then I saw the name "Elwood".  Thats my middle name so of course I had to get it.

I like it! Very Classy.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/13/23 9:50 p.m.

Ceramic "scream" head attached to ceramic #8 rebar.  Made by a no longer with us architect who used to work with my no longer with us wife.  Unusual for any desk...

Not on, but just above my desk is a shelf of samples an souvenirs related to my work which are probably unusual for most folks desk unless you're involved in infrastructure design or construction (and the edge of a photo from my wedding showing my no longer with us wife which I did not intend to capture in the photo).

Noddaz
Noddaz PowerDork
9/14/23 8:24 a.m.

A co-worker printed the boat for me.  The chunk of aluminum came from a customers tire and the Hot Wheels car is a Hot Wheels car.

I also have a dueling banjos cd, but we are not going to talk about that.

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Dork
9/14/23 10:11 a.m.

random trophy card from a work magic the gathering draft and a cyber man 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/14/23 10:30 a.m.

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
9/14/23 10:36 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/14/23 10:56 a.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

Nice Corbu chair!  I have an Eames lounger about that scale.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dUUOz6Tq7A1Hl4Qg3lNlv8b9lKKNXOowIkQgWljMWgmhfOrmMbMHAy7KGX5uZ8Pn