1 2
foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
8/26/08 8:46 p.m.

Paris Hilton's Presidential Ad I'd heard about this, and finally went and hunted it down. I did NOT expect to see Paris being the most clear headed well spoken presidential candidate currently running.

But wait, there's more.

I find out this was not scripted, there is no teleprompter. She's speaking things she thinks. Who would have thought she thinks!

If I have to cast a ballot on merits, at this moment it would be for her. Oh my god!

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader
8/26/08 8:58 p.m.

Hate to burst your bubble, but she didn't write that. She' still a bimbo, albeit a hot one.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
8/26/08 9:05 p.m.
ManofFewWords wrote: Hate to burst your bubble, but she didn't write that. She' still a bimbo, albeit a hot one.

Did some new Paris Hilton show up?

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
8/26/08 9:08 p.m.

Does her 45 days in jail for DUI / probation violation preclude her from running for office?

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords New Reader
8/26/08 9:19 p.m.

http://internetisseriousbusiness.com

This is not hot

walterj
walterj HalfDork
8/26/08 10:37 p.m.

I would stuff her box. Ballot box. I would stuff her ballot box.

Strizzo
Strizzo Dork
8/26/08 10:42 p.m.
porksboy wrote: Does her 45 days in jail for DUI / probation violation preclude her from running for office?

uhh, given the criminal record of most of those on the hill, it probably makes her more qualified.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH Dork
8/27/08 7:31 a.m.

I only looked here to see if you seriously expected me to click on a thread titled "Paris Hilton." And she's not hot. She looks like a starving truckstop hooker, but with good skin and all her teeth.

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
8/27/08 7:43 a.m.
walterj wrote: I would stuff her box. Ballot box. I would stuff her ballot box.

ONLY after wrapping It up ...with tin foil!

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
8/27/08 7:46 a.m.

There ain't that much Tanqueray in North America....

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Reader
8/27/08 7:52 a.m.

She's built like a driveshaft.

Do I get extra points for making an automotive double entendre?

Back on subject...that is a funny ad. Goes to show that our current conversations are not dealing well with the crisis at hand.

Did anyone hear Jon Stewart's speech recently about how domesticated the press has become? The Washington press corps is like a lap full of corgi's.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
8/27/08 8:19 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I only looked here to see if you seriously expected me to click on a thread titled "Paris Hilton." And she's not hot. She looks like a starving truckstop hooker, but with good skin and all her teeth.

+1

I've always thought the same.

minimac
minimac Dork
8/27/08 8:31 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: ........... "Paris Hilton." And she's not hot. She looks like a starving truckstop hooker, but with good skin and all her teeth.

And a really fat wallet. The bankbook is her only redeeming value. She's definitely a double bagger.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
8/27/08 9:18 a.m.

I really believe that she is, and has been for some time, berkeleying with the public - especially those folks who live in Hollywoodland's imaginary fable world magazines like the Enquireror and take that as their holy book. She's probably a lot brighter than she seems.

OK, and she has a DUI on her record. Big deal. Lots of people do.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
8/27/08 9:26 a.m.

the only thing that made me click on this is "oh my god, what has that girl done this time"

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/27/08 9:59 a.m.

needs sandwich

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/27/08 10:11 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Paris Hilton's Presidential Ad I'd heard about this, and finally went and hunted it down. I did *NOT* expect to see Paris being the most clear headed well spoken presidential candidate currently running. But wait, there's more. I find out this was not scripted, there is no teleprompter. She's speaking things she thinks. Who would have thought she thinks! If I have to cast a ballot on merits, at this moment it would be for her. Oh my god!

No idea if it was her writing or that of someone else. Doesn't negate the fact that it is still a more reasoned approach than either of the 2 jackasses in the lead.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
8/27/08 10:13 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote: She's built like a driveshaft. Do I get extra points for making an automotive double entendre? ...

Yes, you do, and I am stealing that line.

If I wanted a girl who looked like a 10 year ld boy, I'd date 10 year old boys.

I would kick her out of bed for being in my bed. Her mear presence on my TV annoys me.

doitover
doitover Reader
8/27/08 10:58 a.m.

No it isn't and here is a clue why. The people that think off shore drilling is a short term solution are also against tapping the strategic reserves. That's odd because that would make an immediate impact and if you believe that it will be quick to get off shore oil would have no impact on our strategic reserve.

Obama has said pretty much that he supports limited off shore drilling, it didn't seem to make much press and it is just as idiotic for him to suggest it is any sort of short term solution as it is for the Republicans or Paris Hilton.

I think she's cute by the way. In some ways she kind of looks the wrinkly white haired guy's wife.

DILYSI Dave wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: Paris Hilton's Presidential Ad I'd heard about this, and finally went and hunted it down. I did *NOT* expect to see Paris being the most clear headed well spoken presidential candidate currently running. But wait, there's more. I find out this was not scripted, there is no teleprompter. She's speaking things she thinks. Who would have thought she thinks! If I have to cast a ballot on merits, at this moment it would be for her. Oh my god!
No idea if it was her writing or that of someone else. Doesn't negate the fact that it is still a more reasoned approach than either of the 2 jackasses in the lead.
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/27/08 11:06 a.m.
doitover wrote: No it isn't and here is a clue why. The people that think off shore drilling is a short term solution are also against tapping the strategic reserves. That's odd because that would make an immediate impact and if you believe that it will be quick to get off shore oil would have no impact on our strategic reserve. Obama has said pretty much that he supports limited off shore drilling, it didn't seem to make much press and it is just as idiotic for him to suggest it is any sort of short term solution as it is for the Republicans or Paris Hilton. I think she's cute by the way. In some ways she kind of looks the wrinkly white haired guy's wife.
DILYSI Dave wrote:

I could give a berkeley about a short term solution. Tapping the strategic reserves is dumb because that's the only oil we have if the E36 M3 REALLY hits the fan (think naval blockades of oil tankers), which it hasn't. There is no viable short term solution. I've also not heard anyone refer to domestic drilling as a short term solution.

Long term solutions are where we need to be thinking, and more domestic supply is a valid part of a long term solution.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/27/08 11:15 a.m.

the ONLY long term solution is to switch to alternatives and reduce oil consumption.

There is no other way.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd HalfDork
8/27/08 11:21 a.m.

There is a reason that they are referred to as "Strategic Oil Reserves". Tapping into them because it takes $100 to fill the Suburban would not represent an strategic move.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/27/08 11:31 a.m.
ignorant wrote: the ONLY long term solution is to switch to alternatives and reduce oil consumption. There is no other way.

I agree that that is PART of a long term soulution. There's no silver bullet here.

walterj
walterj HalfDork
8/27/08 11:40 a.m.
Mental wrote: If I wanted a girl who looked like a 10 year ld boy, I'd date 10 year old boys.

That made me think of the Family Guy episode with the "I banged that chick from Hanson" line.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
8/27/08 12:09 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
ignorant wrote: the ONLY long term solution is to switch to alternatives and reduce oil consumption. There is no other way.
I agree that that is PART of a long term soulution. There's no silver bullet here.

Disagree. My statement covers it all. Switch to alternatives where possible and economically/enviormentally possible, and then reduce all other oil consumption.

That is the only long term solution.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fxkS37fnC0yjmcRlBj832O1p6aw8wBhGhymiaRkke3oBHrSBSbsUYYa0eWutzjGF