novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
11/18/15 6:55 p.m.

Running a Milltronics TT40, which is a dual pallet cnc machining center.. trying to figure out how to do a different part on each table without just pasting one program onto the end of the other.. the manual just says to put a "program call" at the end of each program, but doesn't show anywhere how it should be formatted...

PerniciousLies
PerniciousLies New Reader
11/18/15 7:08 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Just a guess, as I've never programmed a dual pallet machine, but maybe call up the program number, Oxxxx to restart the program.

phaze1todd
phaze1todd HalfDork
11/18/15 7:09 p.m.

I'm guessing that to this point you've been utilizing some sort of CAD/CAM software.

Time to start looking into G-codes. Basically, the commands that CAM calls up automatically. Each code tells the machine what to do.

http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCCNCGCodeSubprograms.htm

Slippery
Slippery Dork
11/18/15 8:17 p.m.

You run a program that calls both programs, at the end of the "subprograms" you use an M99.

Do you use M60 to change pallets?

Slippery
Slippery Dork
11/18/15 8:18 p.m.

PM me your email address and I will send you a simple example.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
11/18/15 8:53 p.m.

M47 brings in the left pallet, m48 brings in the right pallet.. putting those into a program is easy, telling it to run a different program at the end of each program is what has me stumped.. the manual has a bunch of generic sample programs, but none of them have pallet changes or call outs for different programs.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
11/18/15 11:14 p.m.
PerniciousLies wrote: In reply to novaderrik: Just a guess, as I've never programmed a dual pallet machine, but maybe call up the program number, Oxxxx to restart the program.

Try that ^; putting Oxxxx (program number) instead of the M30 at the end.

I assume you're running parts that mate together in an assembly and they need several assemblies NOW. If the above didn't work for me, I would just paste one program after the other but put an M00 between them so it doesn't try to change pallets while you're changing parts on the other pallet.

Then again, I'm mostly a manual guy these days so take that with a handful of salt.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
11/18/15 11:52 p.m.

Right now, I'm doing parts on the right table that have a 17 minute run time and take about 5 minutes to remove the done part and put in a new part. the parts that are setup on the left table are much smaller and have a 2 minute run time- 2 parts in 2 vises on 2 different coordinate systems. totally different parts on each side, but i stopped the small parts to do the big parts..

but I was thinking that, just for E36 M3s and giggles, I'd see if I could have the small job knock out a couple of parts during the 5 minutes it takes to put a new part in the right side..

Management doesn't think it can be done, I know it can.

Slippery
Slippery Dork
11/19/15 5:46 a.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

An M00 will pause the machine.

To call a program inside of another you use Pxxxx.

Nova, what you want to do can be done. I run my Kitamura pallet changers that way. Two different parts on each pallet, change one while the other is running. Thats the reason of a twin pallet machine.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane HalfDork
11/19/15 7:28 a.m.

On most Fanuc-like controls it's really as easy as:

M98 L1

And then, put in a M99 at the end of your other program. So, to call a program on the left pallet, you'd issue a:

M47

M98 P0342345.NC L1

M99

^generally you don't want to mix multiple M codes on one line..

Edit:One thing to watch out for is that depending on your control, M99 either means "Cancel all subprograms" OR it means "Exit this particular sub program." If you have this: M98 P01111.NC L1

M98 P02222.NC L1

M98 P03333.NC L1

But it only runs 01111.NC, then look inside of 01111.NC for a M99, and your control might just be quitting completely when it hits that.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
11/19/15 8:02 a.m.
Slippery wrote: In reply to The_Jed: An M00 will pause the machine. To call a program inside of another you use Pxxxx.

Yeah...

My earlier post: "...but put an M00 between the programs so it doesn't try to change pallets while you're changing parts."

M00 = program stop.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
11/19/15 7:24 p.m.

Milltronics uses their own controller, with some of their own codes.. a lot different than the Haas machines that are 20 feet away..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qY7K2TpNHDGlOuFrcyEgotG7lNfQyKyXsJhrAMbmbToFkf2l03LStOO6m2oIXDDK