SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid SuperDork
6/9/12 1:22 p.m.

Sometimes I stop at the local mall and eat at the food court for lunch. They have this Akoo system on the TVs and it plays music videos all day. You're able to text Akoo or use the Akoo App (it recognizes where you are) and request music videos to play. I use it every time I'm here.

I chose to play Buddy Holly by Weezer.

Out of all the various music that plays, Buddy Holly literally made people stop walking, turn around in their seats, etc., and they sat there and watched the video. People were tapping their feet and strumming their fingers on their tables.

It's funny that a song that is almost 20 years old made people stop what they were doing and pay attention for 2 minutes.

Oh and the Dad across from me embarrassed his teenage daughter when he decided to play air drums.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/9/12 1:27 p.m.

Thats pretty cool. It is a great song, reminds me of being in high school.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/9/12 1:28 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

Haha! I've done similar at bars. They have that karaoke machine on the walls that you can choose a song from a variety of music. I always choose Biz Markie "Just a Friend". You are guaranteed, everyone will starting singing in unison!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/9/12 1:34 p.m.
ScottRA21
ScottRA21 Reader
6/9/12 2:04 p.m.

Dammit...now I gotta watch that on youtube again, but dude...that is awesome :D

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
6/9/12 7:45 p.m.

I'm sure the kiddies would love a little King Missile. A few weeks ago w went to a diner and for what ever reason the little juke boxes on the tables had Mother by Danzig so I treated my fellow diners to a little music. The after bingo crowd seemed a bit confused by the screaming box next to the ketchup.

EvanR
EvanR Reader
6/9/12 8:00 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: It's funny that a song that is almost 20 years old made people stop what they were doing and pay attention for 2 minutes.

It's also funny that the song is about a singer who died 53 years ago, and the music video replicates a TV show that's 35+ years old.

Knurled
Knurled Dork
6/9/12 8:00 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: It's funny that a song that is almost 20 years old made people stop what they were doing and pay attention for 2 minutes.

corytate
corytate Dork
6/9/12 8:24 p.m.

amazing how Weezer can make good songs, but just chooses to do so very rarely.
that is a damn good song, still, though. lol

stroker
stroker Dork
6/9/12 8:47 p.m.

Who, or what, is "Weezer"?

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
6/9/12 9:09 p.m.

In reply to stroker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4

CarRamRod
CarRamRod New Reader
6/9/12 9:41 p.m.

In reply to corytate:

This is probably the most frustrating thing about being a Weezer fan. Especially when his demos are actually good and then he finds a way to berkeley them up by the time it gets put on an album.

corytate
corytate Dork
6/9/12 10:58 p.m.
CarRamRod wrote: In reply to corytate: This is probably the most frustrating thing about being a Weezer fan. Especially when his demos are actually good and then he finds a way to berkeley them up by the time it gets put on an album.

agreed. at least maybe 1/2 of the radio singles are good though: island in the sun, undone, buddy holly, hashpipe, etc

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
6/10/12 8:08 a.m.

It is not possible that song is almost twenty years old. DAAT! SHHHHHHH! Impossible.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/10/12 9:23 a.m.

Yeah, that song can't be 20 years old because it was released my senior year in high school, and that was only like 8 years ago. wait, um. berkeley.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
6/10/12 10:01 a.m.

If it was that old It wouldn't be in the armrest of my Monte next to the Green Day Cassette.

stroker
stroker Dork
6/10/12 10:44 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: In reply to stroker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kemivUKb4f4

I recognize the song. Never followed 'em, obviously.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
6/10/12 1:20 p.m.

Weezer was at the Borgata Last week.. they definatly fall into the "talent does not need flash" school of concerts. The flashiest thing they had was the big "W" centre stage

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/10/12 1:24 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: Weezer was at the Borgata Last week.. they definatly fall into the "talent does not need flash" school of concerts. The flashiest thing they had was the big "W" centre stage

I prefer going to a show where it is about the music, not what stage props are there. (I'm looking at you White Zombie/Rob Zombie)

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
6/10/12 1:50 p.m.

Just to let you know how my night went last night.

I clicked on the link from Anti-stance and the video didn't load. So I clicked on Vapors and listened to that. Then I clicked on a video from in the actors studio with Dave Chappelle where he was talking about evil hollywood. Then I click on a video about the illuminati. I followed that upwith two hour and a half shows about the illuminati/2012 crap. I finally dozed off to sleep watching conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura.

Yea I blame you Anti-stance

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/10/12 2:06 p.m.

In reply to nicksta43:

There has got to be something in the Urban Dictionary to describe when someone gets sucked in to YouTube link surfing for hours. "YouStuck" or something.

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
6/10/12 8:14 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Just to let you know how my night went last night. I clicked on the link from Anti-stance and the video didn't load. So I clicked on Vapors and listened to that. Then I clicked on a video from in the actors studio with Dave Chappelle where he was talking about evil hollywood. Then I click on a video about the illuminati. I followed that upwith two hour and a half shows about the illuminati/2012 crap. I finally dozed off to sleep watching conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura. Yea I blame you Anti-stance

You can follow it up with some light reading, I had a ball with one of his supporters a few weeks ago who is now convinced I am one of the people the gov't is paying to stay quiet.

http://www.jeffbossforpresident.org/

OFFICIAL WEBSITE BOSS FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, NOVEMBER 6, 2012 I WILL BE ON THE BALLOT FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION. I WITNESSED THE NSA ARRANGE THE 911 ATTACK. I NOW HAVE OVER 500 PEOPLE ON DVD SAYING THE NSA GAVE THEM $20,000 TO KEEP QUIET & THREATENED TO KILL THEM IF THEY TOLD ANYONE THAT THE NSA DID THE 911 ATTACKS. I ALSO HAVE OVER 40 AFFIDAVITS FROM PEOPLE SAYING THE NSA GAVE THEM $20,000 TO KEEP QUIET & THREATENED TO KIILL THEM IF THEY TOLD ANYONE, VOTED FOR ME, OR DONATED MONEY. NOBODY KNOWS JEFF BOSS BECAUSE THE GOV'T DOESN'T WANT THE TRUTH TOLD. I HAVE BEEN ON THE BALLOT IN THE PAST FOR PRESIDENT 2008/U.S SENATE/GOVERNOR OF N.J/CONGRESS & STATE SENATE.

JEFF   BOSS  WITNESSED THE  NSA   ARRANGE THE 911 ATTACKS    I HAVE THE PROOF!

I NOW HAVE 40 AFFIDAVITS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN $20,000 FROM THE NSA TO KEEP QUIET AND THREATENED WITH DEATH IF THEY TOLD ANYONE THAT THE NSA DID THE 911 ATTACKS. I HAVE OVER 500 PEOPLE ON DVD CONFIRMING THAT THEY GOT THE $20,000 FROM THE NSA TO KEEP QUIET. I HAVE OVER 200,000 NAMES OF PEOPLE WHO GOT THE MONEY FROM THE NSA. IF THE NSA IS GIVING EVERYONE WHO GETS MY CAMPAIGN LITERATURE $20,000 TO KEEP QUIET,AND THREATENING THEM WITH DEATH IF THEY TELL ANYONE THAT THE NSA DID THE 911 ATTACKS,THEN THE NSA DID IT. OR WHY ELSE GIVE PEOPLE MONEY AND THREATEN THEM.

JEFF BOSS WITNESSED THE TOP HIGHEST CLEARANCE IN THE NSA CALLING THE 911 HIJACKERS IN MARCH 2001 .

JEFF BOSS HAS 300 NSA AGENTS ON DVD ADMITTING IT’S TRUE!

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo HalfDork
6/10/12 9:23 p.m.

I just wonder what the story is behind the "Competition Engineering" sticker on the guitar of the guitarist of King Missile in that video.

For those not it the know, Competition Engineering builds all sorts of chassis stuff for serious doorslammer drag cars.

bluej
bluej Dork
6/10/12 10:35 p.m.

berkeley me, in September "Buddy Holly" will be old enough to vote for president.

that's it, enough of this weekend. peace.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TNrgFRNOsbgJRV7lSJMs8VuSrSNf5Sm0wZlZlzzgLI2TL5dEyBS0PvP2iuXdggZu