1 2 3
alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/1/13 3:00 p.m.

That's how they finish races? No wonder I don't normally watch.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/1/13 3:02 p.m.

Sounds like Papis really got in the way of Mike.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
9/1/13 3:03 p.m.

BullE36 M3 ending to what was actually a decent race to watch.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
9/1/13 3:03 p.m.

Well, when Max Papis is in a stockcar race you can bet someone is going to be pissed off. That guy is becoming the new Jacques Villeneuve.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/1/13 3:17 p.m.

I'm not much of a fan of trucks on ovals but that was actually a good race.... till the fuster cluck. Was just thinking restraint when Max was first trying to overtake Skeen for P3.... I really expected Max to dump him then. Oh well, it's early yet and Max later came through true to form.

and Max got face slapped by a petite blonde.... priceless

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/1/13 3:20 p.m.

They interviewed Mike on MRN radio after it was all over, he was pretty diplomatic about it. They then interviewed Papis and he was pretty whiny.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/1/13 3:23 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Well, when Max Papis is in a stockcar race you can bet someone is going to be pissed off. That guy is becoming the new Jacques Villeneuve.

Long time ago, I liked both of those guys.

Now, after they retire running in NASCAR series, I don't.

(then again, the video from Max's truck had Mike coming quick on his right- not sure what happened)

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/1/13 4:30 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: (then again, the video from Max's truck had Mike coming quick on his right- not sure what happened)

It's hard to say if Skeen was dive-bombing Papis or if Papis had run wide and then slammed the door on Skeen. Either way, it still wasn't as dirty a move as what Elliot pulled on Dillon.

Mad Max getting beotch-slapped by that petite blonde did get a big laugh.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
9/1/13 4:36 p.m.

I miss Wind Tunnel for incidents like these. They would dissect it from every angle, driver interviews and open it up for discussion.

... and the bitch slap would make the highlight reel.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/1/13 5:09 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: It's hard to say if Skeen was dive-bombing Papis or if Papis had run wide and then slammed the door on Skeen.

When your nickname is "Max the Axe" one of those things is more likely than the other. Especially if the other guy is making his debut and wants to just finish the race.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/1/13 5:44 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: They interviewed Mike on MRN radio after it was all over, he was pretty diplomatic about it. They then interviewed Papis and he was pretty whiny.

and this is surprising

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
9/1/13 5:58 p.m.

http://jalopnik.com/nascar-truck-race-ends-with-max-papis-getting-hilarious-1236576202

Jalopnik I know is BS but it has all the highlights in one place.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
9/1/13 6:00 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
oldsaw wrote: It's hard to say if Skeen was dive-bombing Papis or if Papis had run wide and then slammed the door on Skeen.
When your nickname is "Max the Axe" one of those things is more likely than the other. Especially if the other guy is making his debut and wants to just finish the race.

that plus the passes he did make during the race were very very clean. Unlike a lot of the "regulars". So I would give Mike the benefit of the doubt.

He did an amazing job cutting through the field. If not a "nascar" ride, he's certainly earned a ride for high end endurance racing.

So, GPS and dwight- something to inspire to, as fellow spec BMW racers.

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
9/1/13 6:12 p.m.

I thought "Max the Axe" was Angelli?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/1/13 6:39 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: I thought "Max the Axe" was Angelli?

Actually... it is. I messed up my silly nicknames. Papis is Mad Max.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/1/13 6:51 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Ranger50 wrote: I thought "Max the Axe" was Angelli?
Actually... it is. I messed up my silly nicknames. Papis is Mad Max.

After getting slapped by a little girl, it's hard to say if it's Mad Max or Sad Max.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
9/1/13 6:58 p.m.

I'd really like to be able to see what happened outside of the car. I don't believe Skeen being the kind of racer he is would pull a "Gran Turismo dive bomb" at the last turn as much as Mad Max would close the door on him like Dillion did.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
9/2/13 12:30 a.m.

In reply to oldsaw: How about "Slap Happy Papi"?

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
9/2/13 1:32 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: I'd really like to be able to see what happened outside of the car. I don't believe Skeen being the kind of racer he is would pull a "Gran Turismo dive bomb" at the last turn as much as Mad Max would close the door on him like Dillion did.

Skeen dive bombed Papis because Papis had jacked him up a few laps earlier. I don't blame him.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/2/13 5:06 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: So, GPS and dwight- something to inspire to, as fellow spec BMW racers.

Can't speak for GPS, but I don't have the talent to even dream of getting to where Skeen is. Skeen is what we on iRacing call an "alien"; someone who has incredible speed that mere mortals simply can't duplicate.

Next likely guy moving up the racing chain from Spec E30 is Robert Grace. You heard it here first.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/2/13 6:56 a.m.
turbojunker wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: I'd really like to be able to see what happened outside of the car. I don't believe Skeen being the kind of racer he is would pull a "Gran Turismo dive bomb" at the last turn as much as Mad Max would close the door on him like Dillion did.
Skeen dive bombed Papis because Papis had jacked him up a few laps earlier. I don't blame him.

no ... it's all Skeen's fault ... the back quarter of his truck smacked Papis's front quarter .... so it's obvious that it's Mike's fault

geshhhh .... don't you people know anything about racing ?

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
9/2/13 7:00 a.m.

oh... and now Papis is claiming that when Mike's gf slapped him it dis-located his jaw .... but then he went into Mike's hauler and tried to drag the blond out side .... guess he wanted her to slap the other cheek and get him all squared back up ... LOL

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/elliott-wrecks-dillon-to-win-truck-race/12842550/

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
9/2/13 8:16 a.m.

Mike's statement on what happened: "Finally back to the States with a charged phone. Great race overall for us, but a rough end. I'm not sure what the TV showed, but the 14 got into my bumper numerous times to pass me with a couple laps to go. I never gave him a cheap shot in the rear. I made an aggressive move in the final corner to get position and I don't think he saw it coming...hit me in LR corner and put us in the tires. If it was such a rookie move and I completely missed the corner, he should've let me wreck myself and he could've finished just fine (not what would have happened). Instead he tried to turn in even though I had a nose ahead. The drama after the race was started by him. He tried numerous times on the cool down lap to wreck me again or drive me into other parked trucks. When we finally got behind the wall, I got out and talked to him face to face, but there was no reasoning with him. I didn't know about the slap, but that was relatively tame considering he barged our trailer later and tried to pull her down the stairs in front of a NASCAR official and several members of our team. She has bruises to prove it. Those are the facts from my perspective."

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
9/2/13 11:27 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

I'm gonna tell you, I have no reason to doubt what Skeen is saying. In no way is he a hot headed driver willing to wreck cars. He sure as hell didn't drive like that in the Crager/Hawk C6.R cars. He doesn't have the bank account to write off GT racecars and its doubtful he has the funds to write off a NCWTS truck. Seeing that his left rear was tapped and how Max was driving him, tells me what he says here.

Max has shown the red mist affects his driving time and time again.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/2/13 11:28 a.m.

I think Max's post-race actions speak louder than his words.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nl6HME8i8SUcVAckYdNxC6sTslPKeQXa9o5QsZbjsnHl7ERKd09k5uP8DKUO1dEe