8 9 10
JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/5/24 9:59 a.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

Luna, on Obi-wan, on Sierra.

Wife and I filled out paperwork to foster Saluki's coming in from Kuwait soon.  Fingers crossed it works out, we might adopt if we end up with a well behaved male.

Obligatory pic of Loki the greyhound with our 17YO whippet, the day before we had to say good bye to her.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/5/24 9:24 p.m.
JesseWolfe said:
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

Luna, on Obi-wan, on Sierra.

Wife and I filled out paperwork to foster Saluki's coming in from Kuwait soon.  Fingers crossed it works out, we might adopt if we end up with a well behaved male.

Obligatory pic of Loki the greyhound with our 17YO whippet, the day before we had to say good bye to her.

broken heart

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/5/24 10:48 p.m.

Charlotte, Oscar and Stella.

Newfoundland, Maremma and Great Dane.

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
7/6/24 8:25 a.m.

Lilly and Lexi, we got them in March - forgot about this thread. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/6/24 11:11 a.m.

Winter.  3 year old Chihuahua.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/6/24 11:41 a.m.

I have to add.

Oscar was our guard dog. Then my wife started feeling bad for him because he was outside, in a big, heated, insulated dog house for the winter.

I'm a gigantic pushover so now he's a soft, spoiled marshmallow. 

A couple days ago the dogs started going nuts in the living room. Had a big coyote right in my front yard.

Wife started asking how we keep that from happening. I mentioned "we used to have a guy for that".

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/6/24 1:43 p.m.

We had an outside cat.  Guy at work tells me he feels bad for going to work and turning off the stereo on the cat.   It's 15* one night so I lament and let the cat inside.

My 5 y/o had two canaries I don't pay attention to.  I got up the next morning and it was a murder scene!  Feathers all over the dining room, one little blue head on the floor and 3 legs.  I ran upstairs and told the wife "Keep him up here for a while, it's ugly; tell you later!!"

No mice though.....

Our last dog was a Chiweenie (half chihuahua & Dachschund).  Got planked by daughter-in-law in the driveway.  She still gets the boo boo face when I say she drives like a Korean.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
7/22/24 10:15 p.m.

Little 7 month old guy flew into Dulles yesterday, he's settling in ok.  Not housebroken, he was abandoned on the streets for several months, and has many scars from being attacked by other dogs.  Super sweet and clumsy, blind in one eye ( I think ) and only has the faintest notion on how to interact with people.   But he has a big brother mentor to help out.

I don't know if we can adopt.  With my wife struggling to recover from chemo, surgery and radiation, she can't help him get up and down stairs to go outside.   It's going to break my heart if he can't stay, but no matter what he's going to live a better life.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/23/24 9:12 a.m.

Recent photo of ours. I had to temporarily move her bed to a different part of my office, so she was readjusting. 

8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qwq88SM2ehhqGVtyCL49aWZjTbZoLGjwg35xcKbOemrpfKFMfWzfURZx0cpmZ3KS