docwyte
docwyte UberDork
4/4/20 6:57 p.m.

OK,

We've got the lost job thread and the corona thread, let's have a lemonade outta lemons thread.  I'll start.

Being off from work has let me go to PT twice a week so my ankle will heal from surgery faster.  It's also let me take care of my kids since their school year has been canceled.  I've been a good house husband and have been doing all the cooking, grocery shopping and laundry for my wife, who is still working.

It's also let me finish up some projects on the 911, which is now ready for nice weather driving.  It's also let finally mount the air hose reel in the garage and get that all hooked up, which is totally amazing and I wish I'd done it months ago as opposed to tripping over the damn reel on my garage floor all this time!

You guys go now!

11GTCS
11GTCS New Reader
4/4/20 7:11 p.m.

I know a lot of folks are hurting, this is no joke.   That said, I’ve seen more people walking, kids on bikes, playing catch, even saw a street hockey game today.   I think more than a few will re-evaluate what’s really important and I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. 

dj06482
dj06482 UltraDork
4/4/20 7:16 p.m.

With the lack of sports for the boys, I'm getting to clear out a bunch of brush before it gets out of control this year. We've also instituted family movie night, which is awesome, and we've gone on a few hikes as a family.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/4/20 7:38 p.m.

It has brought my 17 year old daughter out of her bedroom and into the family room with the wife and I.  Except for tonight.  And last night.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/4/20 7:39 p.m.

We are fortunate to have some savings and both our paychecks, so we are getting carry-out twice a week from local non-chain places and have been getting a lot more exercise because we are walking the dogs about 4x per day.

also family movies and game nights.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
4/4/20 7:59 p.m.

More time with my toddler son. Not sitting on a bus more than 2 hours a day commuting. Cooking family meals. Not having to wake my son before 6am to get him ready for daycare. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/4/20 9:01 p.m.

I'm leas stressed about what to do on the weekend day we have off together, because there's nothing to do? 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
4/4/20 10:07 p.m.

More family excersize. Normally my wife doesn't bike much but I've been convincing her too because her cardio is terrible. My kids and wife have been watching movies together after they finish there daily school work. I finally fixed the zephyrs power steering leak today. 

trying to do things I can still manage with back problems so playing catch etc. is out but the kids have enjoyed learning stuff in the garage and building/ tuneing bikes up for the summer. I enjoy them being home more but understand they need school. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UltraDork
4/5/20 7:28 a.m.

My girlfriend and I are fortunate. Working for a community college, she is working from home, and I'm off with pay. I may have to go in to mow on occasion. We've been getting walks in every day, and I've been plowing through projects on the challenge car. She's working in the garden. We're eating well. Lots of good vibes to those in trouble. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BoVOQbmYnZenC1xqB1rNuHlbHICUjWPpJvtNiYUyBSToFpXtH6VHBHYewQzOyg8g