1 2 3
carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
6/23/11 4:12 p.m.

Yes, that was the title on a Freecycle post here just a few minutes ago.

It's the first day of Summer and it's 100 here, but it's not hot enough to ever have anyone want a Biking size LARGE.

If you need a size large you don't need a bikini.

Hopefully this thread will never have pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
6/23/11 4:14 p.m.

Bikini size large? You're thinking too laterally. Large, while it can refer to overall size, generally "large" refers to the size of the "cups" as it were. All the other straps are adjustable.

Retail had its advantages.

Josh
Josh Dork
6/23/11 4:48 p.m.

Size 14. Otherwise known as "Large". Care to retract your statement?

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
6/23/11 4:50 p.m.

Curves

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard SonDork
6/23/11 4:57 p.m.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
6/23/11 4:58 p.m.
Josh wrote: Size 14. Otherwise known as "Large". Care to retract your statement?

Yeah but a 39D-30-39. Which if memory serves puts her in a more "medium" bottom size.

Plus you can't say honestly say Jane Walmart shopping for a huge bikini is likely to look like Christina Hendricks.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
6/23/11 5:03 p.m.

Many years ago, I worked in the stockroom of a local Victoria's Secret. (and learned that women are way more disgusting than guys...)

One of our salesgirls came back to the stockroom with a one-piece lace see through body stocking (IN HER HANDS) and asked if we had a large.

Me: Uh, lemme check. Yeah, here you go.

About 5 minutes later, same girl: Do we have an extra large?

Me: Yep. (Thinking, "I need to get these other sizes out onto the floor.")

Another 5 minutes passes, same girl: Is there an XXL or XXXL?

Me: Uuhhhhh, no.....

A mental image was then burned into my brain that I don't think I'll ever wash out.

And now you have it too!!

-Rob

dollraves
dollraves Reader
6/23/11 5:26 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Yeah but a 39D-30-39. Which if memory serves puts her in a more "medium" bottom size. Plus you can't say honestly say Jane Walmart shopping for a huge bikini is likely to look like Christina Hendricks.

As a size 12-14 woman with 39" hips...that is a LARGE in most women's clothing lines, and even an XL in some lines.

Speaking as a woman who isn't necessarily "pretty," but is definitely sexy, there are plenty of guys out there who are fine with curvier, or even chunkier, women. Even in the multi-X range. And, let's be realistic...there's a significantly greater number of attractive chunky women in this world than there are supermodels.

Of course, there's going to be the inevitable, "Gee, Doll, if you're such hot stuff, why are you single??" question that some troll is likely to throw out. Seriously, guys. Just because someone isn't dating, it's not because there aren't options...it's usually that the options are very poor. :D

I also love the "let's be friends with benefits" BS. Seriously, if I'm not willing to date you, why would I want to sleep with you at all?? FWB...all the disappointment of a relationship without any of the fun.

Okay, off the soapbox now. RL Male friends have been very irritating lately. Stupid boys. /grumble/

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/23/11 5:32 p.m.
dollraves wrote: Of course, there's going to be the inevitable, "Gee, Doll, if you're such hot stuff, why are you single??" question that some troll is likely to throw out. Seriously, guys. Just because someone isn't dating, it's not because there aren't options...it's usually that the options are very poor. :D

Okay, not snarkily, but... being hot stuff and into cars how are you single?

Not offering or anything. I'm rather fond of my curvy girlfriend.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
6/23/11 5:33 p.m.
dollraves wrote:
Osterkraut wrote: Yeah but a 39D-30-39. Which if memory serves puts her in a more "medium" bottom size. Plus you can't say honestly say Jane Walmart shopping for a huge bikini is likely to look like Christina Hendricks.
As a size 12-14 woman with 39" hips...that is a LARGE in most women's clothing lines, and even an XL in some lines. Speaking as a woman who isn't necessarily "pretty," but is *definitely* sexy, there are plenty of guys out there who are fine with curvier, or even chunkier, women. Even in the multi-X range. And, let's be realistic...there's a significantly greater number of attractive chunky women in this world than there are supermodels. Of course, there's going to be the inevitable, "Gee, Doll, if you're such hot stuff, why are you single??" question that some troll is likely to throw out. Seriously, guys. Just because someone isn't dating, it's not because there aren't options...it's usually that the options are very poor. :D I also love the "let's be friends with benefits" BS. Seriously, if I'm not willing to date you, why would I want to sleep with you at all?? FWB...all the disappointment of a relationship without any of the fun. Okay, off the soapbox now. RL Male friends have been very irritating lately. Stupid boys. /grumble/

Hey there are how many guys on here with same interest in cars?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
6/23/11 5:38 p.m.

EVERY car-girl I have been interested in has thought of me as a thumb with a hat. My wife apparently adores me but she is no car-girl... I am keeping her.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
6/23/11 5:41 p.m.
dollraves wrote:
As a size 12-14 woman with 39" hips...that is a LARGE in most women's clothing lines, and even an XL in some lines.

Prior to my statement I DID look at various Gap Inc (who I'd say has a pretty varied clothing line)'s bathsuit sizing. 39" hips and a 30 inch waist would be a medium (size 8-10). Women's sizes are confusing a ridiculous. Vanity sizing makes matters even worse. How exactly does one keep track of it all?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
6/23/11 6:18 p.m.

I would respectfully suggest that there also doesn't need to be any Regular sized condoms then, because if you aren't man enough to need at least a Large or XL then you ain't getting any anyway, so what's the point?

Wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean, EH?

Seriously though, I don't think we need to promote the idea that beauty ends at a size 8, OK? That's crap and you know it.

dollraves
dollraves Reader
6/23/11 6:34 p.m.
Salanis wrote: Okay, not snarkily, but... being hot stuff and into cars *how* are you single? Not offering or anything. I'm rather fond of my curvy girlfriend.

The ex-husband decided he wanted kids, I didn't...which I told him repeatedly before we got married - he thought I'd "grow out of it." Terribly unfair, but we parted on decent terms regardless.

The last serious relationship...he was very bothered by the fact that I made significantly more than him. His insecurity just could not let that one go...didn't want to people to think he was a "kept man." /shrug/ I'm all about the whole partnership and he was stuck on the fact that we weren't financial equals.

My biggest problem these days are guys in their late 30s to late 40s who have been so shattered by thoughtless women in their previous relationships, we get to a point where he's all "I'm broken. You're too good for me. You should see other people." The one guy that I ignored and kept seeing...well, that didn't go so well. Now when a guy tells me he's broken, I freaking run. :D

And, well, this is the kind of convo I get off dating sites - not including the top 2 entries (WARNING: Fowl language, TMI and disturbing and/or adult concepts may be included...): http://dollraves.livejournal.com/tag/guy%26doll

Yeah. I'm thinking a lifetime of celibacy ain't so bad, as long as I have cars to work on...

dollraves
dollraves Reader
6/23/11 6:38 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote: Prior to my statement I DID look at various Gap Inc (who I'd say has a pretty varied clothing line)'s bathsuit sizing. 39" hips and a 30 inch waist would be a medium (size 8-10). Women's sizes are confusing a ridiculous. Vanity sizing makes matters even worse. How exactly does one keep track of it all?

It is stupidly frustrating. I was very gratified that my size 6-8 curvy friend Alex had exactly the same complaints while we were shopping together than my size I and my 18-20 friend (who is truly a gorgeous woman) have. Alex is lean and muscular (very fit, into martial arts and yoga), with muscular thighs and lovely hips. Almost nothing fit her right, either.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
6/23/11 6:38 p.m.

I would just like to show my support for Ms. Redhead in the picture there. I am simultaneously afraid of her and really attracted to her haha.

And I would also like to show my support for women who don't look like they need to eat some cheeseburgers. Size 8? Who cares.

familytruckster
familytruckster New Reader
6/23/11 7:22 p.m.

Ah yes, Christina Hendricks..... Mrs. Mal...lol

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
6/23/11 7:30 p.m.

Meh, it's just like the mac/pc thread. Thank god we don't all have the same taste.

failboat
failboat Reader
6/23/11 7:46 p.m.

Hi I'm here for the pics.

I prefer size "large"

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/23/11 7:50 p.m.
dollraves wrote: The last serious relationship...he was very bothered by the fact that I made about 4x his salary. His insecurity just could not let that one go...didn't want to people to think he was a "kept man." /*shrug*/ I'm all about the whole partnership and he was stuck on the fact that we weren't financial equals.

I fail to see why a woman who makes more is a negative. Well, that's not 100% true. My girlfriend makes a lot more than me, and I do sometimes need to remind her that I can no afford to eat out and splurge as often as she can. So, it's 90% true.

Also makes things easier when people bug me about why I haven't proposed. "Hey, she makes way more than me. If she wants to, she's welcome to propose to me."

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/23/11 7:52 p.m.
dollraves wrote: there are plenty of guys out there who are fine with curvier, or even chunkier, women. Even in the multi-X range. And, let's be realistic...there's a significantly greater number of attractive chunky women in this world than there are supermodels.

+1 [Says someone who has upset the skinny girl fans multiple times in the hotlinking thread.]

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
6/23/11 7:55 p.m.

I know what Sir Mix A Lot would say... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4he79krseU

cwh
cwh SuperDork
6/23/11 8:05 p.m.

Back when I was single, I dated a woman in her 30's. Quite slender, the way the magazines thought they all should look. Couldn't figure out whey she would immediately head for the restroom after we finished a nice dinner out. Then I learned what bulimia was. After that, I realized real women had a bit of nice padding and I was much happier after that.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/23/11 8:13 p.m.
dollraves wrote: And, well, this is the kind of convo I get off dating sites - not including the top 2 entries (WARNING: Fowl language, TMI and disturbing and/or adult concepts may be included...): http://dollraves.livejournal.com/tag/guy%26doll

Couldn't get past the adult content notice but I'll take your word for it that things went badly. Sorry.

""

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/23/11 8:18 p.m.
cwh wrote: Back when I was single, I dated a woman in her 30's. Quite slender, the way the magazines thought they all should look. Couldn't figure out whey she would immediately head for the restroom after we finished a nice dinner out. Then I learned what bulimia was. After that, I realized real women had a bit of nice padding and I was much happier after that.

The puke breath is the big tip off for that one. If she smells like piss it's just a meth habit :)

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c0iFSpgiHRxSdh7dekTQX2kZZtgcypYbBG7i7wLYzwUZu6yaOMryMQfXiZ9eUO6S