1 2
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
12/28/13 7:47 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Give them a call I think their call center is by Joliet so should get someone speaking English as a bonus.

A great place to stop and visit - I stopped in to the warehouse in Bolingbrook, Illinois and bought a BLACK set for the Accord and the guy comes from the back with a TAN set. I calmly show him it says BLACK on the paperwork and he looks hacked that he has to go back to the warehouse.

Meanwhile I head over to the coffee bar for a free scone and coffee while I wait and look at the classic motorcycles the owner has collected. I feel I must point out to the guy later that motorcycles don't need floor mats.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
12/28/13 8:09 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Just got an email back. They're now saying they're not actually made to size, but instead they send out something "close". Well, "close" is not what I ordered.

??? I watch 1.5hrs of TV a week (CBS Sunday Morning). And inbetween all the drug commercials and T-Rowe-Price crap I've seen their ad talking about "laser fitting" and exact fitment. For the $ they charge they think "close" is enough?

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/30/13 8:27 a.m.

I have the Weathertech mats in the front and rear of the Fiat. They fit perfectly and were worth every penny. I was also lucky enough to find a Weathertech rear cargo liner in the back of a GMT400 Suburban at the junkyard. That one has come in very handy, fits well, and the price was definitely right.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/30/13 8:31 a.m.
Jerry wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: Just got an email back. They're now saying they're not actually made to size, but instead they send out something "close". Well, "close" is not what I ordered.
??? I watch 1.5hrs of TV a week (CBS Sunday Morning). And inbetween all the drug commercials and T-Rowe-Price crap I've seen their ad talking about "laser fitting" and exact fitment. For the $ they charge they think "close" is enough?

Yep. To top it all off, they don't even list what vehicles ARE an exact fit and what vehicles are deemed "close enough". Very poor Customer service and very misleading. I can guarantee they will never see another penny of my money. I will also make sure to tell everyone I see that "Buyer Beware" applies to them.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
12/30/13 2:48 p.m.

they pissed me off more than 10 yrs ago … saw their product advertised in a catalog (JC Witney … maybe) this was for the window vent shields (so you can leave the windows cracked in hot weather and not worry about rain getting in) …

listed in the catalog was my car.. so I ordered them … got a return mail (this all before I had any computer stuff at all …everything was done on paper) saying the product was on back order … this went on for a couple of months

I finally called weathertech themselves … the CSR was extremely rude when I questioned why they would allow their product to be listed in a catalog as being available for a particular vehicle, when in fact that product/vehicle combo didn't exist …

I pointed out to her that I was disappointed in her attitude … she, for all intents and purposes, told me she really didn't care and that I could berkeley off …

I've never been tempted to look at their products since then

when I needed heavy duty floor mats for my Mom's new Fit I found these

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Floor-Mats-Liners/Intro-Tech-Hexomat-Floor-Mats

they've been fine

beans
beans HalfDork
12/30/13 2:52 p.m.

Uhhhh, not to sound like a dick, but their website states pretty clearly which ones are the laser whatever digital fits vs the fairly universal ones. Hate to say it, Bob, but I think you're in the wrong on this one. Digital fit ones aren't available. The normal All-weather mats are. I got some for my '98 Integra that were a very close fit, wish I kept them when I sold the car as they look like they'd be about the same fit for my Accord.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/30/13 3:01 p.m.
beans wrote: Uhhhh, not to sound like a dick, but their website states pretty clearly which ones are the laser whatever digital fits vs the fairly universal ones. Hate to say it, Bob, but I think you're in the wrong on this one.

You do sound like a dick, and you're wrong.

Here's the first page you get once you put in the vehicle information. We're using hte Rio ecause that is the vehicle in question:

http://www.weathertech.com/kia/2008/rio-rio-5/

Now, the very first option, on the top left is "All Weather Mats" with the option right next to it being "AVM-All Vehicle Mats". The second one are the "cut to fit".

Now, click on what one would assume is the correct fitting "All Weather Mats" gives you this page:

http://www.weathertech.com/kia/2008/rio-rio-5/floor-mats-all-weather/

Now, it shows a set of sculpted mats that look like they are specifically cut to fit your vehicle. Then, being an informed consumer, you read the descriptions on the right side of the page and here's what you get:

he WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats have deeply sculpted channels designed to trap water, road salt, mud and sand. They won't curl, crack or harden in sub-zero weather. Our All-Weather Floor Mats also have anti-skid ridges to prevent shifting in your vehicle and come with a protective, non-stick finish to make cleanup quick and easy. WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats meet FMVSS302 and are manufactured to ISO 9001 standards, your assurance of quality. Choose from Black, Tan or Grey to complement virtually any interior color. Guarantee - WeatherTech® All-Weather Floor Mats are guaranteed against defects in materials or workmanship for 10 years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc. We are reasonable people and we believe in customer satisfaction. Depending on the situation, we will either replace your FloorLiner at no charge or charge you a prorated amount for a replacement. Rear mats are designed to be trimmed so that they may be customized to fit almost any vehicle. More info. Please take your old floor mats out before installing your new WeatherTech floor mats. All-Weather Floor Mats were intended to give the best possible protection for your vehicle floor. Many of our front mat applications are vehicle specific, while others are determined to be the best possible fit for the application from our many shapes and sizes. Please note that the on-screen color representations are not necessarily precise representations of actual product colors due to variance in monitor calibrations.

I highlighted the only thing that mentions that you might not get the correct ones for your car. After you add them to your cart, there is no further mention of whether the mats you ordered are truly made for your car or not.

So please, show me on those pages where is specifically states that those mats that I paid $65 for are not made for the Rio?

The
The Reader
12/30/13 3:46 p.m.

i got the husky's for the f250 crew, wish i had spent a little extra and got the weather tech........... i thought.

bgkast
bgkast Dork
12/30/13 4:11 p.m.

I always enjoy their 64 page ads in the other car mags.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Event Marketing
12/30/13 4:58 p.m.

Yeah... I ordered a set for my tracker a few years ago, and they were way, way worse than the universal Autozone mats. Absolute garbage.

Hal
Hal SuperDork
12/30/13 5:18 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: The floor liners are the digital cut ones, the all weather mats are not.

And that's what I ordered for my Transit Connect. The digital fit floor liners part# 443681. And they didn't come close to fitting properly! Might have been better if they had designed them to use the factory installed hooks to hold them in place. But they didn't and they slid all over the place.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s2vKBrHDrbfXg8hhCAKcXBfCK49b0X8NspwQnz6HU8dXHtMrXesGU4hDtWlrLKIV