1 2 3 4
gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
10/11/23 2:58 p.m.

Rear seat DVD player. Even when I was dating a woman with kids, they use their phones/tablets instead of the dinky 8" screen hanging from the ceiling. 

Otherwise, it's a 2004 so fairly simple and I spend a ton of time in it. I use nearly all the features, and rarely find myself wishing for anything it doesn't have. Even features I scorned initially (sunroof, automatic mode on the climate control, cruise control, hands free calling (answering, really)) I now have come to appreciate. 

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/11/23 3:03 p.m.

My daily driver is a 27 year old Corolla. It's a little basic to say the least. Everything gets used. 

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/11/23 3:20 p.m.

OK, I must be the weird one, I love my heated seats and sunroof. Granted, I wish my XR4Ti didn't a sunroof for more helmet room but I still use it all the time.

CD player never gets used in any of our cars.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/11/23 3:24 p.m.

Glass sunroof on my MINI Cooper. I actually made up black shades to completely block. I also made a plywood load floor to go from the tailgate to the front seat. Back seat hasn't been used in 16 years. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/11/23 3:28 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I have suction-cup shades on my R53 sunroof. I've been meaning to put a wrap or something on the underside of the glass. The A/C can barely keep up as it is. If I removed the shades, it'd be an oven in there.

preach
preach UltraDork
10/11/23 4:37 p.m.

Golf R:

CD player (Bluetooth)

back seat (always folded down for the dogs that own the car)

Karmann Ghia:

back seat (always folded)

radio (oh wait what radio)

Tacoma:

The bed (sad but true. wife wonders why we have a truck. It is her winter DD though.)

CD/Tape player

Cayman S:

CD player/trunk changer. (Soul Performance exhaust on a flat 6 is heaven)

PASM Off (It's a sports car, WhyTF would I turn off the sport suspension?)

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
10/11/23 4:47 p.m.

CX-5

Cooled seats. It actually makes me nauseous using them.

I love heated seats, though.

I only use my sunroof to crack it open when it's super hot. Then, it's convenient.

I have yet to use the off-road mode yet for the car.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
10/11/23 5:39 p.m.

2020 Kia Forte GT 6MT:

I rarely drive the car in "normal" mode. It makes the car lethargic, makes the steering loose, the throttle laggy, and cuts boost. I basically only use it on long highway trips where I want to loaf along. Part of the startup procedure is bump the start button, plug in my phone, and hit the Sport Mode button. 

Honorable Mention: Lane Keep Assist. I rarely use this. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/11/23 6:08 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Navigation.

We just had this conversation yesterday. If it were possible to decline having a nav  system in a new car, we would.

Harder to use and less up to date than my phone.

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
10/11/23 6:20 p.m.

The CD player in my truck doesn't work but if it did I'd use it.  I don't use the 110v outlet or four wheel drive very often but when I need them I'm very glad that I have them.  Otherwise I believe that I use the other features pretty regularly.

I never use the lane keeping feature in my wife's car and I'd prefer the the cruise control not be adaptive but I use all the other features.  My wife never uses the sunroof.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/11/23 6:28 p.m.

Am radio

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/11/23 6:56 p.m.

I took the back seats out of my little hatchback car, I usually do since I prefer the utility to seating.

Steering wheel controls. Can't stand them.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
10/11/23 7:31 p.m.

C8 coupe- removable top, speedometer

e36M3/4/5- sunroof

'19 Ram- 4WD

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/11/23 8:33 p.m.

There are several buttons I don't know what they do... yeah, those. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/11/23 8:35 p.m.
Duke said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Navigation.

We just had this conversation yesterday. If it were possible to decline having a nav  system in a new car, we would.

Harder to use and less up to date than my phone.

Apple CarPlay > OEM Nav

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/11/23 8:50 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

It is a car, not a phone booth.

While I am here again, Drink holders. For the life of me I can not understand the infatuation with drinking and driving.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/11/23 11:48 p.m.

The radio. I didn't use it much in my old daily, and now that the radio is controlled by an obnoxiously bright color touchscreen in my current daily, I just leave the radio off and the screen off all the time. 

wae
wae PowerDork
10/12/23 12:26 a.m.

I've got a button for downhill speed control.  I guess it's for offroading, but it will allegedly prevent the car from exceeding a preset speed going down a steep incline.  Turned it on and played with it one time.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
10/12/23 1:59 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

It's real nice to have a place to put your drink between the drive through and home.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/12/23 6:43 a.m.

NY Times app in the media center. Who in their right mind thought that was a good idea?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/12/23 6:46 a.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:

Am radio

You must never have had a reason to listen to Marty Brenneman and Joe Nuxhall call Reds games...the muffled static that accompanies AM radio will always have a soft spot in my heart.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
10/12/23 6:54 a.m.

The spare tire.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 Reader
10/12/23 7:46 a.m.

Plus 5 on the sunroof.  Even the E36 M3boxes I buy somehow have a sunroof and I never use it.  

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
10/12/23 8:05 a.m.

My DD is a 2006, so not a lot of modern features. I guess the back seat would rate, as it never gets used. 

On my last company car it was the lane departure warning. I HATED that system, and always had it turned off.

On my wife's Jetta it would be any of the dash warning lights, which come on at random. It's a VW, so they really don't mean anything.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
10/12/23 8:12 a.m.

The CD player.  Infrequent, but it does get used.

My daily is a Kia Soul - its not exactly loaded with features. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GvIOJlv0MB7rWybHRP8KiztdwFMvICyhnBVFzlBEWpRZJpxjxzGqB1naI7L7y2HQ