AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/1/24 6:25 p.m.

I've got a pile of DIY mulch in my back yard, and today I noticed some wacky looking growths on it. I assume it's some kind of fungus, but I suppose it could be something else, maybe insect life by-product? I busted a couple open, the inside is kind of dense but powdery, dark brown.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
8/1/24 6:34 p.m.

Looks like a slime mold. It's pretty much harmless and will go away on it's own in about a week or so.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltimaDork
8/1/24 8:28 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Looks like a slime mold. It's pretty much harmless and will go away on it's own in about a week or so.

That's the same thing, word for word, what the doctor told me after being in the hot tub with Angry and Mofo.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
8/1/24 9:33 p.m.

Yeah, that's a mulch thing.  It sometimes shoot spores onto the house too.   My reply is lame compared to wvumtnbkr's reply....laugh

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
8/2/24 8:15 a.m.

I opened this thread hoping to see a bellybutton pic. The disppointment is strong right now.

dyintorace
dyintorace UltimaDork
8/2/24 9:10 a.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
RacetruckRon said:

That's the same thing, word for word, what the doctor told me after being in the hot tub with Angry and Mofo.

Well played! :D

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
8/2/24 3:50 p.m.

Those poor GT kids though, they never knew what hit them.

llysgennad
llysgennad HalfDork
8/2/24 4:29 p.m.

I had these pop up in the yard this year. About 10 inches diameter.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UltimaDork
8/2/24 6:46 p.m.
QuasiMofo (John Brown) said:

Those poor GT kids though, they never knew what hit them.

Troof.  I'm not sure if they will be excited for this year or fearful.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
8/3/24 6:38 a.m.

Just found a few of these.

Unfortunately, the last time I tried eating chanterelles, my stomach took a few days to forgive me. So I left these ones alone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xnp828P8z6jMP798RQyKe2ChJRn6OUvgRb4xltpq2Qas5H1J2q2foyIxyJ2mtTXN