AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/22 7:55 a.m.

Subject says it all. I've got a 3-hour layover at DEN today, and wondering if there's anything cool to see there.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
4/3/22 8:01 a.m.

Denver? New Belgium is open at 8am...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
4/3/22 8:26 a.m.

There's a sweet Lear Jet hanging in one of the terminals.  Great story about it flying around out west in the early cable TV days.   Kinda wish I was that guy back in the day.

Croc's store?

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/3/22 8:41 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

There is seating in the upper deck area right near some of those planes, and yes, cool stories to go along with the cool planes. Its a quiet area up there so good place to chill. La Casita is my favorite food spot. Very good "authentic" airport Mexican food.  Unless you have time to go hit a dispensary or get food off property, thats all i'd do there. Walk a bunch, enjoy the scenery and find a chill place to eat my La Casita yummy food near cool planes. 

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
4/3/22 9:04 a.m.

Figure out how to profit from their lettuce disposal boxes?

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
4/3/22 10:03 a.m.

3 hours isn't a whole lotta time to do anything.  If you were here longer I could come pick you up and go someplace...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/3/22 10:11 a.m.

Yes, 3 hours isn't long - especially if your incoming flight arrives there late.

Here's 13 things to do at the Denver airport: https://www.sleepinginairports.net/layovers/things-to-do-on-layover-denver-airport.htm

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/3/22 11:07 a.m.

Apparently there's some weird stuff there involving Freemasons and the artwork on site: https://www.thetravel.com/20-reasons-why-the-mysterious-denver-airport-is-like-no-other-in-the-world/

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
4/3/22 3:13 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Three hours should be plenty of time to offer a sacrafice to Blucifer. Or am I thinking of the wrong airport? 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/22 3:16 p.m.

I'm lame. I walked a round trip of B concourse, then had an overpriced but tasty lunch at Elway's. Layover is over, next flight is boarding now.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/3/22 3:32 p.m.

Chuckle at the "Climax Jerky" kiosk, because you are also secretly an adolescent.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/3/22 4:42 p.m.
drsmooth said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Three hours should be plenty of time to offer a sacrafice to Blucifer. Or am I thinking of the wrong airport? 

The evil horse with the glowing eyes? Correct airport. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/4/22 10:36 a.m.

I'm late to the party, but I was going to say "Investigate all the weird conspiracy theories surrounding that airport?"

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/4/22 10:52 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I don't think 3h is long enough to investigate all of them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sRugJKiKGUOsKJVcdGnuY9AZRXjhirbtDpsLH8Z0Vihs3Cio8OeUBTQamSFwDlZc