1 2
EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/24/19 5:57 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/24/19 8:03 p.m.

Funny how's this thread came back to life. I went more than a year ago. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/24/19 8:12 p.m.

So, how was it?  What did you do?

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/24/19 8:38 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

There was a canoe in the middle that brought it back to life.

drainoil
drainoil Dork
11/27/19 6:16 p.m.
stroker said:
stroker said:

Find out what they call a Burger King Whopper.

smiley

Seriously, nobody got this?

Thought in PF it was a Big Mac and he says in France they call it a “ Royale w cheese”? The above pic is from that scene as he bites into a Big Kahuna Burger from one of the guys he is about to whack.

And did you know why Burger King had to wrap his Whopper? So he didn’t get Dairy Queen pregnant.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/27/19 7:18 p.m.

In reply to drainoil :

It was a quarter pounder with cheese.  France being metric, and, well, French, refuse to have anything in "pounds."  Silly Englishmen, you know, "I fart in your general direction..."  So, according to PF and Tarantino, who is wrong on just about every actual fact in any of his movies, the French call it a "Royale with cheese."

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
11/27/19 7:42 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

In reply to drainoil :

So, according to PF and Tarantino, who is wrong on just about every actual fact in any of his movies, the French call it a "Royale with cheese."

I wasn't aware they were intended to be documentaries.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/27/19 9:52 p.m.
Dr. Hess said:

So, how was it?  What did you do?

Went to amsterdam. Wasn't impressed. It was jam-packed. Beautiful architecture, but that was just about everywhere. 

I also visited a few smaller towns and villages. 

here are a couple videos I shot. 
https://youtu.be/1c-c4xXSgAI

Here's another flight. About the 1/2 way point I lost signal because of the stone church I was behind. The drone paused, turned around, and searched for the signal. My heart was pounding!  Then is simply returned to where it started from and landed!!  Amazing. 
https://youtu.be/nbLbi9HDQiA

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/28/19 7:59 a.m.

Cool.  When I was there in '86, I went to Rotterdam on a RoRo.  I took a cab to Barendrecht and visited my grandfather's cousin.  We took bicycles to the store for the day's groceries.

drainoil
drainoil Dork
11/28/19 8:19 a.m.

If you are into history and can make it over to Amsterdam, the building where Anne Frank and her family were discovered and captured by the Nazi’s should be on your list of places to see.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GIEysA7CcdLZoNKQntJVsfIieaRbDvBKh6VWqcLs4cNWfA7PxISJ1kKOePUbQksi