1 2
tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
1/31/14 1:43 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I'd be happy with a 350hp/300tq 7500rpm redline 4.8L. I think that alone in something under 3k lbs would be an absolute hoot.
We still need to have that LS/RX7 face-off, Bob.
I've been wondering more and more about an RX-8 4.8. It really does tick "all my boxes", if you know what I mean.

OK, find someone to fund it and I'll do the RX8 instead. I like the funky rear doors. I am staying clear of your boxes, though.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
1/31/14 10:42 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I'd be happy with a 350hp/300tq 7500rpm redline 4.8L. I think that alone in something under 3k lbs would be an absolute hoot.

You're welcome

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
1/31/14 11:01 p.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

Car Craft did a GM stock cam shootout and the LS9 cam SCREAMS top end power in a 5.3.

They also did a nice 4.8 vs 5.3 article as well.

I'm thinking of grabbing a LS7 3-bolt cam for my build for git and shiggles . . . Just have to get a cam gear, cam sensor and newer front cover to do it.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
1/31/14 11:20 p.m.

once the 4.6 in my Disco goes pop.. I am going to consider the Chevy 4.8

Knurled
Knurled PowerDork
1/31/14 11:54 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
We still need to have that LS/RX7 face-off, Bob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KZByFivwU

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
2/1/14 7:03 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: In reply to novaderrik: Car Craft did a GM stock cam shootout and the LS9 cam SCREAMS top end power in a 5.3. They also did a nice 4.8 vs 5.3 article as well. I'm thinking of grabbing a LS7 3-bolt cam for my build for git and shiggles . . . Just have to get a cam gear, cam sensor and newer front cover to do it.

yeah, that article is the reason i want to use an LS9 cam- 400ish magazine HP with a smooth, quiet idle and enough vacuum to clean the living room floor... i've found them new in box ranging from $100 up to the MSRP of $167, with Summit/Jegs coming in at about $125, if my memory is correct.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
2/1/14 10:23 a.m.
SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
2/1/14 10:49 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: also when they fired it up and revved it a few times ("I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!") during the PRI show and probably got themselves and their employer banned for life...

I was actually hoping to find out who the angry woman worked for.
ZOMG CAR NOISES AT PRI!?!1

The muscle truck is still my fave, loooooove how that sounds

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
2/1/14 5:13 p.m.

Am I the only one who thinks Freiburger and Finnegan should be hosting Top Gear US? I'd watch it then.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
2/1/14 6:09 p.m.

Roadkill probably has more viewers than TGUS...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
2/1/14 6:14 p.m.

I thought freiburger turned them down? Seems I read the rumor somewhere?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/1/14 6:19 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I still want a 4.8/Super T-10 in something RWD made to rev.

The old 96 S10 challenger has a Super T10 and I am on the look out for a 5.3 with wiring now.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
2/1/14 8:02 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: Roadkill probably has more viewers than TGUS...

and it's more entertaining

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
2/1/14 8:34 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote:
novaderrik wrote: also when they fired it up and revved it a few times ("I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!") during the PRI show and probably got themselves and their employer banned for life...
I was actually hoping to find out who the angry woman worked for. ZOMG CAR NOISES AT PRI!?!1 The muscle truck is still my fave, loooooove how that sounds

They were probably more concerned with exhaust fumes inside the convention center full of people than they were about the noise.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/1/14 9:30 p.m.

I'll bet the fire marshals weren't too excited about running vehicles either.

t happen to have an LS3 Hot Cam with about 30 miles on it sitting in a box along with a set of LS3 valve springs. You know, if anyone's interested. Heck, I've also got a 5.3 with LS6 heads and intake with a fairly healthy cam in it, a clutch, Corvette oil pan, F-body oil pan, Corvette headers...you guys know how to find me.

Rump rump rump...

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
2/2/14 8:05 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Nobody is interested in what you are peddling!

Sent you a message

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/3/14 9:42 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I still want a 4.8/Super T-10 in something RWD made to rev.
The old 96 S10 challenger has a Super T10 and I am on the look out for a 5.3 with wiring now.

Look at all the great ideas I have given you these last couple years.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EAamQKFNVltqc2MsnZjfMSAz925SoDxqJDTpwfzOGYGKhcGq99dsXMIQAZmt3kNs