mattposey
mattposey New Reader
5/17/17 9:37 a.m.

FS: Ex Champ CSP Car (Kubo's car)

1991 Ex National Champion CSP car. This was Tom Kubo's car up until last year. I bought it last fall and have been slowing getting it updated, improved, and cleaned up this season. The car is FAST. Probably the best car I've ever driven at autocross. I really don't want to sell it but my family is looking at some new housing options as well as a few other changes that may see my storage/garage space get greatly reduced. So I'm mulling over perhaps letting someone else take this thing to the next level. Its all there, just needs someone who can store it and drive it to its ability. I have had multiple great showings with the car and I don't want to let it go but it may serve someone else in the near future while I try to get all of my house sale, finding a new house, buying a house, moving, etc. all figured out. I have also completely detailed it, steam cleaned every surface, as well as steam cleaned the engine.

I have spent a considerable amount of time and money getting the car improved and dialed in even more I don't want to just let it sit while housing changes may take longer than I am forecasting, etc. I focused on all the Preventative maintenance as well as reliability upgrades.

I have a custom built open deck tilt trailer that can go with the car as well if the buyer so wants. It was custom built for a CSP miata, I completely tore it down last year, rewired it with multiple weather proof junction boxes, all new wiring, all new LED lights, refinished the wood deck, repainted the frame etc. It is a GREAT trailer.

The car is ready to go, just slap some new A7's on it and dump some E85 and then go win.

Aside from trying to race it on the old clutch for the first time (it didn't move under its own power which is why it has a new clutch) the car has never broken at an event. It will have a hiccup here or there, but tighten a bolt or top off the e85 and its back to fighting form, never had to park it for the day at an event due to failure.

The car is right under 2,000 lbs. I vacuumed at least 10lbs of gravel, bolts, fasteners, nuts, leaves, time slips, etc when I tore the old interior out.

All fluids have been changed with redline stuff

All new plugs, filters, new oem diff mount, spacers, bolts (had a mount crack so I just replaced everything)

The seats are all carbon fiber.

I'll just point out that my ES Miata won Nats this year on my setup, so while I'm not the fastest driver I can do some very decent setup. This car is there, put in E85 and win.

1991 special edition British Racing Green

Chassis Power Steering & ABS car Delrin Bushings Everywhere Just replaced both front hubs with Mazdaspeed Spec Miata blueprinted hubs with new ARP lugs.

Engine 2001 VVT engine, built to the rules limit by Rebello (pulls HARD) tuned for E85 Running a Sias Tuned Tec3 Maxim Works Header powder coated Custom built Heat shield with multiple layers of 2500 degree Heatshield Products Lava shield and Thermaflect Cloth 2 Burns Stainless mufflers with thin walled SS bent tubing (LIGHT, I almost tossed this thing into my ceiling the first time I took it off) Brand new OEM Radiator, replaced when I got it as the one in the car was leaking Custom turbo hoses intake with carbon fiber piping I have a custom 3D printed intake with K&N filter and carbon fiber tubing that will come with the car Brand new OEM sized battery, old one was toast when I got the car Completely rebuilt Powermaster alternator with new KRC Pulley, sent back to power master for rebuild after I got the car Gates Racing Belts, brand new Unorthodox Heat sink oil cap New spark plugs Unorthodox Underdrive Crank Pulley

Suspension & Wheels/Tires Triple adjustable Penske shocks built by Guy Ankeny LSR 3 piece front bar No rear bar Swift Springs Set of 15x11 949 Racing Wheels with 80 run 275 A7's 1 Set of 15x8 949 Racing wheels with Hoosier H20's (never used by me, may have an event or two on them before I got them) Flying Miata Little big kit 4 piston calipers front Stainless brake lines all around

Interior Brand new Joes Steering wheel with long spacer Memoryfab Carbon Fiber Seats both Driver and Passenger sides with new Alcantara covers (last 2 covers on earth apparently) New complete carbon fiber panel with new switches for fuel pump and fan Lap belts Swapped out the old ratty tan interior and carpet for newer black parts and carpet (every piece of it, still has the tan dash) new real leather brake and shift covers from good win racing Black Hardtop (not the best hardtop ever, but it keeps the car dry)

Transmission New Competition Clutch Super Single Clutch. Really light, it is $900 clutch, really, really nice, really really grabby. all new 949 hydraulic rebuilt kit (slave, hoses, etc), swapped out when I changed the clutch

Exterior Brand new custom built ABS front splitter and rear spoiler with joes racing support stays as the old stays had fatigued and cracked. All cut fenders, clears the 275's on 15x11 wheels just fine.

Will include anything else "miata" I, there are some spares, some new parts, etc.

Asking $17K for everything. I am open to selling the car and trailer separately if you don't need a trailer (had a few questions about that)

Located in Twin Cities, MN.

Pm me any questions/offers.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/18/17 4:12 p.m.

What are those seats? (Not interested in the car, just looking for some seat options for mine)

thedanimal
thedanimal Reader
5/26/17 8:46 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

According to his post they're "memoryfab carbon seats" look like they're hard to get these days, as all the posts I saw when I googled it were from a few years ago.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4ZB5h3vwXuii0MyGeBlyYrBNg4yCLQxmFEVYgGc9xWQNJgz1PZWVLEN74qcTTOlL