DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/9/13 1:02 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Well, get in the damn boat!!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
12/9/13 2:53 p.m.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/12/09/double-points-to-be-awarded-for-season-finale/

So Formula 1 is doing a double points championship race next season? What do you guys all think of implementing that for the last race of our series? Would encourage people to stick with it to the end maybe? Thoughts?

DukeOfUndersteer
12/9/13 3:17 p.m.

I was thinking would be really cool, would be a 200 mile race on an oval. Don't know how even the cars are for a race like that, but I was thinking it would be fun bump drafting, ect.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/9/13 6:38 p.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

This intrigues me...

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
12/9/13 8:39 p.m.

I always thought a kinda long race on the Camino Viejo 0.5mi "Oval" would be pretty fun. It would be like a hybrid oval/road course. You only turn left, but theres elevation change.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
12/9/13 11:19 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/12/09/double-points-to-be-awarded-for-season-finale/ So Formula 1 is doing a double points championship race next season? What do you guys all think of implementing that for the last race of our series? Would encourage people to stick with it to the end maybe? Thoughts?

Works for me since I'll be there in the end regardless

mutant
mutant New Reader
12/10/13 12:19 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: I was thinking would be really cool, would be a 200 mile race on an oval. Don't know how even the cars are for a race like that, but I was thinking it would be fun bump drafting, ect.

well-first of all-damage will have to be off for bump drafting...the size of the oval will make a big difference...camino will be the most like the racing we have been doing- motegi and sedona will be areo and gearing sensitive- and indy will possibly be topend limiting for some tunes......... sounds like we need to do some testing!!!!!!

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
12/10/13 12:35 p.m.

the cars have very different top end speeds. Some are around 123-5 and others are up around 127-8. It would need to be small enough to where the cars never top out.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
12/12/13 3:24 p.m.
AtticusTurbo27 wrote: Congrats to Fried for the comeback of the week! Hung in there and finished in the top 5!

Hey, I actually know my way around that place. I don't think I'd run on the other one since the first week I had the game.

And yeah, I knew there'd be rolls. I just kept a pace and gave those curbs some respect.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
12/12/13 5:37 p.m.

So, I've never had any trouble connecting... until this week. Seems like no matter what I do, I cannot join you guys. At first I got the "Due to differing NAT settings, you cannot join at this time". I tried turning off my router a few times, but no improvement. Then yesterday I started getting "Due to network issues, you cannot join at this time."

Any ideas?

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
12/15/13 9:31 p.m.

Good racing everyone! Full lobby and very competitive! I had some bad luck in both qualifying and the race but hey that's racing!

Ill post results tomorrow.

DukeOfUndersteer
12/15/13 9:58 p.m.

Can this become a "sticky?"

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
12/15/13 10:19 p.m.

There was someone without a mic that I tried letting know I was passing on the inside in the Esses that turned in on me and ended up spinning him. Possibly steamedmite? I appologize about that. I hope moparman had as much fun as I did battling for those couple laps.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
12/16/13 10:11 a.m.

Definitely good racing. Much less treacherous curbing on Suzuka! Tsukuba should be similarly fun.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
12/16/13 11:09 a.m.

Yeah I did. Somebody botched the rolling start and I rearended another car, then someone lagged glitched into me in the esses and put me off track. Infineon should be interesting.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
12/16/13 12:54 p.m.

Guys, I owe everyone an apology for last night. I was the one that berkeleyed up the rolling start, by not paying sufficient attention to the qualifying results to remember who I was supposed to grid up behind. I kept thinking I needed to be back further than I was, which held us all up. That won't happen again.

Redline
Redline New Reader
12/16/13 2:58 p.m.

I would say it was a good race, but that E36 Berklying racer who made the Turn 1 Charlie Foxtrot ended a lot of racer's chances to the 5 - 9 place spots. I raced my little Liana's engine to the end to get from E36 M3 last place to 9th...I suppose racing from the back to two places up is ok for a race, but dang, I sure know how Poopshovel felt last season when some Berklying noob kept punting him into the field because he couldn't brake into the corers right ;)

As for any oval racing, the Mazda, boxy Scion, and Liana are all fairly matched in a draft. Tactics work. Follow in a draft, check where the best slingshot spot is, wait for the last lap into the last corner, and bye bye ;)

On practicing: Practice Practice Practice. If YOU ARE SLOW I only ask one question. Where are you when I send you invites to practice?

Oh, last note on practicing. If you can toss a Liana, where's the best place to do it?

photo tossedLiana_zps364b2345.jpg

I understand Turn 7 on Suzuka's East track is a really easy spot wher the car hits the inner circle jump ;)

DukeOfUndersteer
12/16/13 7:43 p.m.

just wasn't a good weekend for me. I had practiced the week prior, consistantly doing mid .59s.

Qualifying, it just never came my way. Don't know why or what changed, but it randomly had a twitchy oversteer, which it never had before. Never could get under a minute. So aggravating.

The race, not much happened. Still nursing that oversteer issue, could never really gain on any cars in front of me. The only position I made up was in the last turn in the last lap. Don't know what happened, but was able to pass for 7th.

Very disappointing weekend

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
12/16/13 7:53 p.m.

Oh, I've been away for so long. Count me in for the rest of the season in theory. Sunday nights at 9 are a touch late for me, but why not. My trusty ole Mazda 2 should still be good. The driver though has lots of rust to blow off.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
12/16/13 9:15 p.m.

Going to try and get things started earlier if everyone shows up at 8.

Also last race we had 16 people, we've already have 18 or so different people who have participated and unfortunately I have to say it is first come first serve to the regular 12 that are at every race and whoever has the most time under their belt after that has priority. So no guarentees on anymore spots as of right now.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
12/18/13 4:36 p.m.

Since I'm on vacation until the end of the year, I'll try to sneak in on this Sundays festivities.......if there's room

Spy shots revealed the latest from Rolling Chicane Racing. Apparently, I ran out of blue painters tape.....

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke HalfDork
12/18/13 5:34 p.m.

I'm down with starting earlier. 7PM CST for me.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 Reader
12/19/13 9:03 p.m.

Sorry for the delay, been super busy at work! As for starting earlier, everyone get on at 8PM EST and we will start at 8. But I'll make the official cutoff for the start 8:30 est exactly, so if you are not in the practice lobby by 8:30 the practice starts, if you miss qualifying at 8:45 too bad, and the race will start at 9:00PM at the latest. I agree it gets dragged on waiting on people sometimes. I'll try and accommodate anyone if the lobby has an agreeance on waiting or starting without.

Race 3 Results:

1. Racerfink - 26
  2. Mutantracing - 18
  3. Deluxe - 15
  4. USDMdrifter - 12
  5. SAAB Boy - 10
  6. LainfordExpress - 8
  7. A LeeroyJenkins - 6
  8. Link TSI 1G - 5
  9. Redline 0729 - 4
  10. Szeis4cookie - 3
  11. AtticusTurbo27 - 2
  12. friedgrncorrado - 1
  13. Lancer007 - 0
  14. moparman7669 - 0
  15. Brendan024 - 0
  16. SteamedMite305 - 0

Season Standings after Race 3:

1. Mutantracing - 61 points
  2. Racerfink - 58 points (↑1)
  3. DukeofUndersteer - 39 points (↓1)
  4. SAAB boy - 30 points (↑1)
  5. Deluxe - 28 points (↑2)
  6. AtticusTurbo27 - 27 points (↓2)
  7. Redline 0729 - 18 points (↓1)
  8. LainfordExpress - 12 points (↑3)
  9. USDMdrifter - 12
  10. Friedgreencorrado - 11 points (↓1)
  11. Szeis4cookie - 10 points (↓1)
  12. Sass Machine 7 - 10 points (↓4)
  13. Link TSI 1G - 5
  14. Lancer007 - 3 points (↓1)
  15. SteamedMite305 - 3 points (↓3)
  16. Moparman7669 - 2 points (↓2)
  17. OPCCpl Hate - 1 point (↓2)
  18. Brendan024 - 0

if anyone sees any errors please let me know!

DukeOfUndersteer
12/21/13 4:24 p.m.

Bumping to the top

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VvjYtXkRgnu1DLy3lkUxiOq6GmV8ImjnW7k4MgMOStnAfQlbBYFwIzMFaHy8wv14