1 2
dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/25/23 1:14 a.m.

Either work for me. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
12/27/23 8:12 a.m.

So what's the word for tonight?  What are we running and where?

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/27/23 8:34 a.m.
Mike924 said:

So what's the word for tonight?  What are we running and where?

I will be on. We can do the 914-6 or more mustangs or something else if people want.  I have a decent RX7 we could mess with. I was going to body swap it as it has a bit to much boy racer going on but I like how it handles.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/27/23 1:57 p.m.

I might be around tonight?  Not sure. 

I loved the 914-6.  It's a bit tricky, but I did not have much of an issue with it (it's very dynamic to drive!). I did see the wrong end of Gameboy's cars off the side of the road a few times, so maybe other may not feel the same.  Deep Forrest is a pretty challenging track for that car though, maybe on something a bit more mellow?  Autumn Ring would likely be a good option?

Remember to run races though.  No reason to just endlessly run laps testing.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
12/28/23 8:41 a.m.

Some good racing last night.  I was running around not sure or looking at my position in the first race, just too much to keep focused on.  I was about to pull over for Dean in the first race thinking he was a lap down only to notice I was running 2nd!!.  Some real good back and forths in both runs. 

These 914's are a lot of fun.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
12/28/23 8:57 a.m.

Despite all my SNAFUs in qualifying and race 1, it was a fun night.  I like the 914/6 a lot... it's way more dynamic to drive than the Mustangs.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/28/23 9:37 a.m.

Just dropping in to say that Tunakid 1, 09unwound, played last night on his new PC. He came in to tell me how well the race went while I was reading in bed. Thanks for being cool dudes for my kid!

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
12/28/23 11:19 a.m.

The in-laws are in town and I completely forgot what day it was. What did you guys run? 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
12/28/23 11:23 a.m.

Deep Forest with the 914/6.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/30/23 9:07 p.m.

In case anyone has seen any recent movies and was wondering.  Yes there are some available in AC.  The left one is a 500 not an 801, but it's similar:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/3/24 1:08 p.m.

I put a new folder in the Testing folder called Ferrari.  It contains the (modern version) of the Moderna test track (seen in classic version in the movie, clearly way different), the Ferrari's above and the Maserati 450s.  The single seat Maserati equivalent comes with the game.

In case anyone wants to play around with them, or we want to play around with them tonight.  I have not messed around with them at all, so no idea if they are good.  The Maserati BTW is an ACL car (that is how it shows in the car list).

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
1/3/24 5:20 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

If the real cars drove that badly, it's no wonder half the drivers died... cheeky

The 335S also has the wrong soundtrack... glorious, but way too modern.  

Might be kind of fun to play with them, but I think a full series would be pretty frustrating for most of our participants.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/3/24 6:12 p.m.

The latest rev of the p71 is pretty fun (note: many changes from the model a few weeks ago).  It generates tight racing.  I think all of the qualifying times last night were in a one second window (including sauce)

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
1/3/24 7:20 p.m.

Nice. I will check it out again.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EPRXgscWOvKxWKZWVPim6XArJMUSz0DRVOaB6z9fTcwWLyMKzm0YwAB8tF00X2xG