TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
3/15/14 1:42 a.m.

So, we will be taking a tour of the Dallara factory in Indy sometime soon on a Groupon deal we found. They have simulators there running iRacing and if you have the fastest lap of the month you win a Drive & Ride Experience at the Speedway.

As I only have Forza 4, I was hoping maybe those with iRacing and Forza could recommend me something similar in Forza to an Indycar that I could practice in. I only have the original game, without any downloaded cars, so if there is something even better in a download let me know.

Thanks!

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/15/14 11:23 a.m.

I'd say the Acura LMP car would be the closest.

trigun7469
trigun7469 HalfDork
3/15/14 12:37 p.m.

Is the groupon still available?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/15/14 12:54 p.m.

Have you ever tried iRacing? Practicing in GT6 or Forza will likely be a fun, entertaining exercise in futility. iRacing is much more demanding of precision and subtle inputs. The physics are very different from the console sims. I'm not trying to discourage you - but if you are going to be competitive I think you would do well to practice on the sim in the same car on the same track you will lay down the lap with.

TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
3/15/14 1:24 p.m.

Yeah I know its a long shot. Just thought I'd ask. Haven't tried iRacing yet. I want to get my frame and seat all built first. Need some warmer days to get out in the garage and get to a junkyard for a seat. I'll definitely post pics of it when I get it built.
As for the Groupon, I'll have to check.
Thanks I figured an LMP was the best bet.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
3/15/14 3:47 p.m.
Flyin Mikey J wrote: I'd say the Acura LMP car would be the closest.

This or the Porsche RS Spyder I would think.

axeman_g
axeman_g New Reader
3/15/14 6:43 p.m.

Porsch rs or acura as stated above.

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
3/19/14 1:43 a.m.

Both are close in weight/downforce/power, just that the Acura used a similar Honda powerplant as the Indycar.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RrluQckOERIpW7rEAmYpex5qQFV6kW6JkSWMhs055ku5RV1ctaZqip3B4Py3J6Rz