XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/14/22 2:30 p.m.

That guy actually came for the wheels?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/14/22 2:34 p.m.

The 2 that came off. Valiant effort was made to remove the rears to no avail 

skyline signed up to autocross on the 21st. 

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/14/22 3:13 p.m.

Such an awesome looking car. Am I a filthy normie for wanting a 4-door GTS-T?

I need to get the wife on board.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/14/22 6:56 p.m.

In reply to Azryael :

Nah they're cool too. I bid on a couple sedans but wasn't willing to pay big money(or what I felt was big money) for one and settle, so I lowballed them. Several cars I looked at back in jan-may are still on the market and others priced way higher than mine were being sold before they hit US soil. It's very weird trying to gauge prices. I really believe if the guy i got my car from washed and detailed it for the pics and was a little less "i'm gonna point out every single thing I don't feel is 100%" I believe I would have been priced out of it as well. In the end he paid 15,800 and put some $ in and drove it a little for a couple years and sold it to me for around 5k profit so he wasn't aiming for the moon like some people are. I feel like properly marketed with the new wheels and tires I could probably ask 6-7k higher than I paid, since the market isn't showing much sign of chilling out. However, berkeley that, this is a forever car.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/14/22 9:22 p.m.

I will occasionally pop onto the Japanese Classics website and daydream a bit, but that's about as far as I usually get.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/15/22 8:24 a.m.

In reply to Azryael :

Myself and ExcessKuma scoured the internet for months. We were on ebay, craigslist, importer sites, dealer sites, kijiji, fbmp. Ultimately I found this one on ebay and made a deal via text for him to end the auction with a deposit. I lost the car the first time but a 0 feedback person bailed. After it relisted I bid immediately to the reserve then contacted the seller and was able to get it for $1000 over reserve which was right where I wanted to be. I offered a $500 deposit with cash and pickup in 2 days and he ended the ebay listing as soon as the deposit hit his PayPal. Could not have gone smoother

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
9/17/22 3:01 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Still waiting for this market to bottom out so I can pick up one for cheap. There's still deals to be had Azryael, just gotta know where to look. Too bad none of my cars are interesting enough to trade lol

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
9/17/22 5:29 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

I still know what may be the deal of the century on a modded r32. NM but a friend. It'll be $$$ but $45k into the RB is a thing.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/17/22 6:30 p.m.

One wonders if the car's previous owner(s) in Japan might find this thread.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
9/18/22 11:30 a.m.

In reply to preach (dudeist priest) :

I'm pretty sure at 45k, every single piece of that RB is either titanium or gold haha

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
9/18/22 11:32 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

That is a back burner project of mine. I have the name and address of the last registered owner, and the Yahoo Auction IDs of the 2 times it came up for sale in Japan. Once I figure out how to get in touch with them I can get more history on the car.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/21/22 6:30 p.m.

motorsporting

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/21/22 7:13 p.m.

Looks familar but I cannot place it.

Mrfurzzy
Mrfurzzy New Reader
9/21/22 7:21 p.m.

Thats a nice lineup there. I really need to finish my AW11 project.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/21/22 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Dragway 42.

got 3 runs in because apparently they decided to only run 5-7pm instead of 5-9 like I paid for, and I got there around 6 because I was battling a migraine this afternoon. The club uses the same test and tune course in perpetuity so it's nice to compare things. Last year I took 15+ runs on the course and my best was a 60.58in Rainbow Dash(my former CP mustang on 315 hoosiers all around) and my 3rd and final run today with the Skyline was a 63.42 so I'm less than 2.8 off the dedicated autocross car on 300tw kenda tires that cost me less than $500 for all 4, with more weight and a 235 front/265 rear setup. VERY pleased. Last year I hung 6 seconds on the other CP cars so for my street car to be that fast knowing I could dip into the 50's on different tires makes me happy. That I can drive to the track without changing tires or towing makes me ecstatic 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/21/22 10:12 p.m.

sorry for the interruption

untchabl
untchabl HalfDork
9/21/22 10:54 p.m.

Old logo Nismo cluster, bet that thing has a few other rare goodies.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/22/22 8:40 a.m.

In reply to untchabl :

It's full of them. Old school Recaro LS seats, Öhlins race coilovers, 5.143 gears, GTR brakes and sway bars, Reimax stainless down pipe, gReddy trust exhaust, cusco strut bars, and now the Nismo LMGT4 wheels.

keep learning more about it the deeper I dig and poke around during maintenance. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
9/22/22 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You can be all hipster about how vintage JDM it is.  Maybe you can listen to Gackt on a minidisc player while you do it laugh

Seriously, it's cool as all hell, kind of part awesome and part time machine, which is perfect since us unwashed in the USA like these cars partly for the nostalgia from when we played Gran Turismo and read about them in Sport Compact Car.  Speaking of vintage JDM....  dat Kanjo sticker!

Patrick said:

my 3rd and final run today with the Skyline

More things I wish I could text back to the past.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/22/22 7:30 p.m.

Where you using the parking lot(DW42) for this or is my goolge maps fishmekeled?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/22/22 8:43 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

they set up the autocross on the pit area, if you're looking at the satellite view it's east of the dragstrip. For autocross we pit in the drag staging lanes. I need to go back and lay down some quarter mile times before winter and see how the cooler weather works with the car since all my turbo stuff has historically loved fall temps. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/22/22 8:46 p.m.

The squiggles on the long straights are slaloms

6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n04Cu5QwcQri2iLzKhQiovPKf3lXRhfhBEm0TLQyDLxb7b9N3uZ5PuOZ3XMbJ1TP