15 16 17
Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
7/17/24 12:48 p.m.
SRPe_Matze said:

Basically, I pursue a personal middle path between personal ästhetic, functionality, my own ideas, financial possibilities and historical GM original factory racing car Corvette C5-R.

This approach makes complete sense. From what we can see in your photos, the result, so far, is nothing short of spectacular. 

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/17/24 3:55 p.m.

I have to admit, I'm addicted to rims. Vacation time doesn't mean "doing nothing". I've had ideas for a fourth set of rims for a long time. Preferably with a central locking system. Then I'd have 2 with and 2 without CL. I quickly drew a rim myself using CAD to visualize the ideas.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/18/24 11:52 a.m.

And the parts are ready again. The aluminum parts for the ABS still need to be tested and anodized, then they can be installed.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/18/24 4:06 p.m.

Rubber bearings are still missing.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/19/24 12:06 p.m.

enlarged inlet for brake cooling made by SRPe - another happy step forward

Shavarsh
Shavarsh Dork
7/19/24 12:23 p.m.

This build is insane! I need to go back and catch up!

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
7/23/24 4:04 p.m.
SRPe_Matze said:

mine New Superrodperformance HD Adjustable End Links 

The old ones had too little angle adjustment and are too weak

Kinky

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/24/24 5:14 a.m.

It is only a temporary solution. This is planned in advance and in the future. But there is still time.

The front tie rods and the steering will also be completely different. But there is still time for these plans.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
7/24/24 12:11 p.m.

My desired design is finished, now it can be produced. Custom made.

I already have three sets. The fourth set has to be good and put an end to my rim addiction. That way I can test several different types of slicks and rain slicks and always have the full selection with me.

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
8/4/24 12:54 p.m.

For my taste, I really like all of them, especially set 3. If it were me, I'd radius more in the v on set 1 and in the u of set 4, but I'm drawn to organic shapes. 

How wide are they?

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/4/24 8:01 p.m.

It's always like with varnish... a matter of taste.

Set 1 / 2 / 4     = Front 18x11 / Rear 18x13       Pirelli 305/645-18    and  325/705-18   or   Michelin 27/65-18  and  31/71-18

Set 3   = Front 18x12  /  Rear 18x13     Michelin 30/65-18   and   31/71-18

The plan is to have 3 different mixtures of slicks or 2 different mixtures and one set in duplicate. And the 4th set with rain slicks.

then I am always ready for action

Here are the GT3 wheels used for comparison. So my brakes/ABS and wheels are completely the same.

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
8/7/24 1:36 a.m.

Those are going to be contact regions, or maybe contact provinces, more than patches.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/20/24 11:31 a.m.

and already produced, according to my wishes and dimensions

2 pieces for ABS pressure only, 2 pieces pressure and temperature for the ECU. Each for a circuit 1/1. And brake light switch analog.

I'm just as happy about this. I'm not far off from the complete Bosch Motorsport M5 Kit1. Everything is new and much cheaper than in the shop. Good relationships help you fulfill your wishes and save money.

SpeedAddict502
SpeedAddict502 New Reader
8/20/24 12:16 p.m.

Who are you having custom make your wheels to your specs?

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/20/24 4:38 p.m.

I have a good partner here in Switzerland who buys blanks and makes the rims for me. The offsets I use are not available for Corvettes, for example. There are also only a few 18-inch rims that can accommodate a brake with 390mm discs.
I choose the spoke designs from commercially available rims and sometimes incorporate my own changes/wishes.

SpeedAddict502
SpeedAddict502 New Reader
8/20/24 6:10 p.m.

Very cool

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/22/24 7:37 p.m.

finished 🥳🤩

Set of 3 rims for MB AMG GT3 has been sold. I had a customer who absolutely needed several sets for the MB GTR GT3 vehicles. Made a profit at the purchase price. In addition, the effort/conversion to central locking is very expensive. Now new rims are normal. (damn rim addiction)

new:

Set 4 with another different design and new color.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/29/24 6:33 a.m.

In reply to atpallstars21 :

I misunderstood you. You mean the Ventury effect at the bottom of the Splitter. That makes sense. But there are many ways to reduce the pressure and accelerate the air.

My splitter is a prototype and I can still optimize it after testing.

ferrari GT3

nascar

Aston Martin GT3

Nissan GTR GT3

these are all examples of official racing cars, mainly GT3

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
8/31/24 1:07 p.m.

one matt bronze please

Completely designed and all details implemented according to my wishes. Set 4 in production.

SRPe_Matze
SRPe_Matze Reader
9/3/24 9:21 a.m.

First preparations for the ABS wheel sensors / ABS gears

DF11s Sensor 

I've made a bold decision. I'm going to make a steel insert including a gear at the front that's as light as possible. At the back there will be a gear on the inside of the joint. There will also be 4 universal sensor holders and 2 base plates for the back to attach the sensor holders.

15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eRnCGhvfLstTZz68PG67kdJezfTDCUs5EibOIZWKhMFpu4vCR7z7sJeQMosxqtfw