2 3 4
metty
metty Reader
9/3/24 8:32 a.m.

looking great!

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
9/11/24 10:50 p.m.

I made a tubular front core support.  Its 10lbs lighter then stock atm but I still have to mount the hood latch and whip up radiator brackets so it might gain another pound.

Earlier in the week, I fitted some drop spindles, then trimmed the rear springs to match.  Also had my new, slightly smaller tires fitted.  The drop spindles made the front wheels hit the tie rods.  So I got some 1" bolt on spacers which also brought the front wheels out to match the rear fitment.

Stance is my opinion spot on.  Exactly what I want.

Also I redid my transmission crossmember.  Much stronger, and if including the old frame extention(not pictured) I was using that I eliminated, dropped about 4lbs.

I also got a my new speedometer mounted, but not wired in yet.  I changed my fuel pump from the chyna unit that came with the hanger to a Delphi replacement unit from a friends Typhoon.  Got a oil filter mount and a fitting to try out for the oil lines.

Piguin
Piguin Reader
9/12/24 12:13 a.m.

The stance IS spot on. 

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
9/13/24 5:49 a.m.

Those Toyota V8's are seriously good. I like almost everything about this project, except that little spoiler on the trunk lid. It just looks out of place in a sweet old semi-sleeper of a car.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/13/24 8:59 a.m.

That stance really turned out nice. I like the wheel choice too!

What color paint are you considering?

malibuguy
malibuguy HalfDork
9/13/24 9:18 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

I dunno.  I have grown quite fond of this respray color.   However at the same time...Ive always wanted a white Malibu

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dOfIelORFz40DmQA0v45asif0kM7UiO28pbOewvH4dudgDjIVaOhaaAHDAbs4DJL