Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/19/24 12:39 p.m.

I built a CMC Locost 20 years ago. So did GRM. It's a Lotus 7 replica that has IRS (custom control arms, not a Miata subframe), a Miata engine and transmission and comes in at roughly 1200 lbs wet. They're a complete riot.

While building mine, I was in contact with a fellow named Wade who was also building a sister car. I recently heard from Wade's family, he has passed away and they asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in his car.

The good: The car looks great (albeit dusty) and apparently Wade purchased some hop-up parts from Flyin' Miata such as a built head and some fuel components. More details to follow on that, but it bodes well.

The bad: The car is NOT registered and does not have an MSO. CMC is out of business so it would be a challenge to get another. We have pics of the car at Mid-Ohio on Kumho V700s so it may have been a track toy. It may be possible to register as a homebuilt, but there's definitely a challenge ahead.

I've asked for more pics of the engine, etc. The family member mentioned $5000. Car is in PA. Let me know if you have interest and I'll put you in touch.

brandonsmash
brandonsmash Reader
9/19/24 1:00 p.m.

Man, why do all of these have to be on the other side of the darn country? 
I'll console myself with the knowledge that there's almost certainly no way I'd fit in this. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/19/24 1:20 p.m.

If my m5 moves to the next party, I may be interested!

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
9/19/24 3:17 p.m.

Do you know if it runs?

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
9/19/24 3:21 p.m.

That seems like a really good price.  

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
9/19/24 4:05 p.m.

One thing about the CMC kits, they're quite narrow. If you are a wide-body you may not fit. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
9/19/24 4:08 p.m.

I'm in PA.  I have a much less complete Locost and would rather have a more complete one.  Contact info would be appreciated. Email incoming. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/19/24 4:10 p.m.

I think I'm glad I'm fat.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BQbzECugCiKMOZ9uCgzj6qeAiZQKbh6Xo3QnhmbFZMLvsHkMm6OBmjoZPX6M5avh