1 2 3
03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 11:31 p.m.

In 2000, Kingsly converted this Freightliner FLD-120 in to what is known as a Super Class C Motorhome. Same company built 2 coaches for LeAnn Rimes.

46 1/2 feet long from bumper to wheel lift on the back. 40K lbs empty.

This one was built from a 1995 working Semi with a Cat 3176 (10L) inline 6 tuned at 350 HP / 1000 TQ. Entire coach is 2x2 square steel tubing. Two AC's, 7500W diesel Onan Genset. Fueled from main tanks, and exhaust is tied in to truck exhaust as well.  Commercial Allison 4 speed auto transmission. Two 100 gallon tanks. Aftermarket WideRide air seats. only semi feature it does not have is the previous owner kept his high end air hornsmiley

Electric awning has a remote control, and a sensor that (supposedly) detects high wind / hard rain and auto retracts.. Fabric is in OK shape Full rubber roof in great shape... is time for all caulking to be removed and recaulked. We went to a highly recomended rubber roof install /repair place in MO while there, ready to pay for a whole new roof (looked warn to me) and they recommended nNOT replacing. Said had many years left, if I re-caulk it every couple years. Even showed me how to find spot with tiny leak and repair that caulk myself, till I could get to the whole job.

All oak and black interior. Two HUGE slideouts. Full size (house size) shower. Bathroom is larger than my first house!

Window glass in front of door is broken... temp. repair for now. I start it and move it around on our property every once and awhile, but has not been used in two years. Genset will start, and immediately shuts off. I'll have to figure that out,

Brand new 24.5 tires on front. less than 600 miles. very good 22.5's on rear tandems. All new Air bags on rear suspension.

Truck does have 675,000 miles on the original odometer. Has an estimated 80K since conversion in 2000. Do not have history on engine, but it does run as if it was brand new ( and that is no exaggeration.) The Allison was replaced with a brand new unit by P.O. about 10K ago, and they did not get speedometer conected correctly, so speed and miles since then is inconsistent. We bought it from RacingRVs.com 4 years ago, and have talked with the PO a few times since then. He is driving a brand new 650 hp rig like it now - $450,000 5 years ago!

No, this one is not in the same shape as a brand new one, but it ain't $450K either!

This was our dream coach, and we bought it instead of a couple of newer ones ion the same price range we looked at because it has so much more personality. Only reason we are selling it, is life is probably not ever going to let us travel like we were again. We only got to drive it to multiple states 4 times. But they were grand trips! We did get to live in it for a summer while we rebuilt or house.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 11:38 p.m.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 11:44 p.m.

I'll have to get pictures of the bathroom and bedroom in the next couple of days.

Can come with a 26' enclosed trailer w/extra height, and a drivers side access door we bought for hauling our truck and my tools and motorcycle behind it.

It also has a "stinger" like a wrecker on the back to lift front wheels of your "toad" up. and go on down the road!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 12:01 a.m.

That was the LeAnn Rimes coaches. unlike the one I now have, her's were built on top of the line, brand new, Peterbuilts, and fancier curved sides / windows, similar to a tour bus.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 12:05 a.m.

Also, paint does not look as good as in photos. Was originally multi colored... was actually built for a retired trucker that was a full time truck stop preacher. Painted all black since then, and the P.O. had a wrap on it. Should prolly get another wrap, but the new owner can pick out a design he likes when he does it!

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/9/21 7:42 a.m.

Now that's a damn RV!

Do you need a CDL to drive something like that?

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
4/9/21 8:02 a.m.

How many does it sleep? 

This thing is amazing

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/9/21 8:02 a.m.
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) said:

Do you need a CDL to drive something like that?

Every state is different as to how they treat heavy personal motorhomes.  You *never* need a CDL to operate a personal vehicle.  In many states, there is a parallel path to CDL that confuses many people.  When I had a 40ft diesel pusher in NC, because the weight was >26,000 and air brakes I needed to take the "CDL" training course and road test, but didn't have to do the medical portion.  The inspector made me do a walkaround before we started just like comm drivers are supposed to do.  I ended up with a "Class B" personal license as opposed to the common "Class E" (I think) personal driver's license.

FL used to be the same but changed.  My license says:  Class E - any non-comm veh with GVWR <26001 or any RV.  So for a race car hauler that didn't fit the living/cooking conditions of a motorhome, technically would take a different class of license, but it would still be a non-CDL.

Oh, and awesome coach.  I love the Kingsleys.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 12:00 p.m.

My state does not require a CDL to drive a RV. TX is one that requires a “non-commercial-commercial” license to drive ANY RV. So no difference for this one than any other. (I may have the name slightly different, but it’s something silly like that) I don’t know the requirements to get one, but considering how many folks drive motor homes, it can’t be as much as getting a class A CDL

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 12:08 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

It has a queen bed in the bedroom, and a double bed in the fold out couch. The dinette can make into a bed with the cushions. So I think campers would advertise that as sleeping 8...surprise  Personally, I’m not putting 3 one each bed, or using the dinette, so I’d call it 4. 

The slideout are huge - so adding a couple cots for the night would be doable. And kids would think that was cool!

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
4/9/21 12:43 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Not my kids. Their spoiled asses sleep in queen beds with $2000 mattresses crying

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
4/9/21 2:52 p.m.

Please add pics & details of the trailer.  I think I remember seeing pics in another thread.  I have some interest in an enclosed trailer (already have a motorhome).  Sweet rig though.

jimbbski
jimbbski SuperDork
4/9/21 4:25 p.m.

Cool RV. The price is attractive!  But way to big for my taste.  I drove a 49 Ft race transporter  for a friend a few times and had a CDL for a while too, so I know I can handle it, it's just bigger than I would ever need. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 6:11 p.m.

In reply to jimbbski :

We do agree! Only times the size is too much, is finding a campground that will accept it, and making turns at some intersections. With no pivot, a semi w/53’ trailer can go places it won’t!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 6:25 p.m.

‘Course with the generator, 70 gal. onboard propane tank, 200 gal. water tank, 100 gal. blackwater tank and two grey water tanks, we could do two weeks with ac or heat, without needing any hook ups! And a lot of Wally worlds will parking lots are still free. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 6:27 p.m.

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

Yea, I’ll post more on trailer when I get on the “real” computer. Or find curtis’s add looking for a trailer. Asking 8K for just trailer 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 6:31 p.m.

We will be getting an rv we can afford to drive/ maintain  for weekend trips, so would consider one as partial trade, but the “financial manager” has specific wants, and gotta keep her happy!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 7:37 p.m.

I would prolly take A Red Paperclip as a partial, trade, but my wife has more sense than me, and its her Coach, so I have very little say in the matter!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/9/21 7:45 p.m.

It also has a "stinger" like a wrecker on the back to lift front wheels of your "toad" up. and go on down the road!

Very Cool 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 7:57 p.m.

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

Shows where the tire passed me (story on Curtis's thread), and the access door to assist in getting out of car.

My plan was to just continue the black diamond plate like on the front, down the sides to cover that.

Original build sheet, and a few grand in upgrades since then.

7000lb axles / springs and air ride equalizer plate, (replaces center link) Air Ride

Load range e tires on gray rims, and a load range F tire on black rim as a spare.

HD power front jack.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 8:06 p.m.

Didn't take time for the bed / bathrooms pictures today, but did snap one of the window:

We still waffle back and forth if we want to finish this smaller window off the right way, or put an expensive piece of tinted glass in the frame I took out after it was broken.

If someone here wants it as is, they can decide!

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
4/9/21 8:59 p.m.

What's the approx trailer weight empty?

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/9/21 10:05 p.m.

I remember weighing it, but don't recall. I think on it some before tomorrow. I'll send you a message now.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/14/21 3:39 p.m.

I have not tried advertising this coach locally - don’t want to deal with the type of texts I’d get! Will probably end up taking back up to Ohio to racingrvs.com, where we bought it, and letting them put it on consignment again. 

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/14/21 6:34 p.m.

That is awesome!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AZ4PrfwaaAdjG002H508i4ULlDVVpznmedG4Q20P1lD7SvCP5REJgfEbR4s4GsZE